Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 12: June 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The skirt really let down the outfit,it looked creased /wrinkled on the plus side a better hair day for queen Máxima.

I am so disappointed in this tour. She usually rocks her foreign trips. But this one has been bad. This last look included. The ruffed neck, the wrinkly skirt, just bad.

The color is the only thing going for it. Her hair and earrings are great :flowers:

She was not travelling on behalf of the Dutch Government or the Royal House. She was travelling as UN Representative. Rule Number One: when trips are in the framework of the UN or the Orange Fund, then Máxima will appear as low key as possible.

She was not travelling on behalf of the Dutch Government or the Royal House. She was travelling as UN Representative. Rule Number One: when trips are in the framework of the UN or the Orange Fund, then Máxima will appear as low key as possible.
I get low key, I don't get badly turned out!

Wherever she is, whatever time it is, in whatever capacity she is, she is always Queen of the Netherlands. There is not an 'on' and an 'off' button. I believe she and her husband themselves once said it was a 24/7 kind of function.

That does not prevent her low key appearance of course. In some cases HM's appearance could benefit from being a bit more low-key: the red Natan outfit of yesterday is an example of that. This wrinkled Natan suit -first used in New York- can be retired, though from that period he had far, far worse designs: the wrinkled diaper skirts come to mind. Fortunately we have not seen those reappear after 2008/2009.

Last edited:
This outfit is a bit much for me; the colour is rather vibrant and the skirt also looks a little creased and the ruffles on the collar part of her top are a little much. Though Maxima somehow manages to get away with it!

not her best look,neither the skirt or the top are my cup of tea,her hair is well done though

There was absolutely nothing low key about this red outfit. A lot of royal ladies go low key/casual when they are on this kind of trip. That red outfit was neither, it was just wrinkled and ugly. With a good iron, it would not look out of place back home when she is 'queen'. Ugly, but still.

Max has done low key on other trips. As much as I love her big hats, I don't think she needs a hat and pearls to be 'queen' like some do. But Max just seems off her game this trip.

Just a horrible ugly look for her, she has IMHO lost her great sense of style....what was she thinking...and yes go ahead and bash my comment for lately she is not dressing like a queen. As Marengo said, there is *on* or *off* button for when in public she is queen 24/7 and should dress like one, not a weird costume of some sort. JMHO here folks!

I don’t think the skirt is terribly wrinkled, the whole outfit just isn’t too great except the color. She needs to try other designers

Is it just me or does Queen Máxima's unruly hair look even more frizzy/messy today?

Over all not a great look today.

Disgusting and shameless (..) People expect a lady but get the tramp. Pffff.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't mind the dress the lttle sleeves are bit odd but the dress itself have lovely cut,the overall look is nice minus the hair.

Crimping her hair.....she is not a teenager these days, a full grown woman who is a *Queen* and this is disgusting and very unkempt.

I have always loved Queen Beatrix, exactly because she was such a stately lady but nevertheless always warm and smiley.

Máxima is undoubtedly warm and smiley but she just "plays" a role and has good days and bad days. Queen Beatrix took her royal role extremely seriously. She knew that people simply expect a certain class and decorum.

Máxima? Pffffff..... The most expensive Royal House on the Continent, a personal budget other Consorts can only dream about and then appearing like Hurricane Harvey stormed through Villa Eikenhorst.

She should stop that endless globetrotting, her gigantic carbon footprint makes every word of "sustainability" out of her mouth just laughable and she should be more focused on the Netherlands indeed.

Last edited:
Very festive looking coat and a good hair day for queen Máxima.

Wow, in close-up photo above, she looks exactly like an older copy of her middle daughter and with the same type of smile.

It's a recycled Claes Iversen coat she wore today - she wore it first in March, but it's also a really nice colour for autumn and winter!

** March 2017 **

Lovely coat with some interesting details, good tailoring and lovely color. Even her hair looked good.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Beautiful coat. The color is stunning. The tailoring beautiful. :flowers:

Not entirely fond of pattern but Max pulls it off.

Last edited:
Beautiful color on Max

Beautiful coat, and she is one of the few who can pull it off. The updo and hat are an old picture; today's hair is not as bad as it has been, but still scraggly at the ends. I will give her the benefit of the doubt & blame the rainy weather :whistling:

Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 12: June 2017 -

Love the coat. Pretty color. I like the pattern. It has a festive, wintery feel to it.

The dress is quite nice, lovely color :flowers:

But oh no :eek: The lobster claw is back :sad: (I just happen to be watching iron chef lobster battle when I clicked on link, not a good coincidence).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom