The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

Very messy hair as usual and the coat is way to big on her, looks like it fits the king it is too big, and feathers on the sleeves???? A huge miss IMO!

Old 12-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Feathers, worn more than once a year on day dresses become a cliche. Sorry. True. Also, I think most of what she is wearing is ostrich or marabou and I'd like to know how this is any different than wearing animal fur? Granted, you can gather and dye dropped ostrich feathers BUT WEARING THEM AS FASHION increases the demand and likelihood that the poor birds will be slaughtered for the feathers.

And, full disclosure, I owned a ostrich boa once. When I was young. So around 1873. But would not buy one today.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Máxima wearing a turquoise lace dress at the Prince Claus Awards ceremony in Amsterdam today, December 6:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **
A stunning look!
Old 12-14-2017, 11:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The coat is lovely but why does Queen Máxima wear it as a cape? Am I imagining the fuzzy sleeves?

Santa's hair looks better than Máxima's today
Nope, not imagining the fuzzy/feather arms. Sadly its real

Wearing coat in cape manner is actually quite popular.

I love the print, but the length is off, and the feathers need to go

Love the coat.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Oooo, that one heck of a green lace dress with those emeralds! I had missed that.
The beige coat has been around, has a belt and a sort of bathrobe look when belted but she can wear it. Lovely color on her. The dress looks awful. Terrible large, shiny print with no shape, bad length and terrible little fur cuffs?
Old 12-15-2017, 03:03 AM
Courtier

This new Natan dress has lovely colors but why not wear a shawl or cape with it? I'm getting a little tired of this coat-as-cape habit of hers.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Queen Máxima during a working visit to the youth foundation Time for Action and Network New Rotterdam in Rotterdam today, January 11:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 01-11-2018, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Nice look overall. I like the sweater and the earrings. Happy and cheerful, as always!
Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 AM
Serene Highness

Think I will send Queen Max a gift....a comb, brush and mirror, wonder if she will get the message. No, do not like this outfit either. She looks very tired and not together today.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:48 AM
Majesty

According the newspaper AD this was an informal "work visit" by Máxima. The woollen sweater she wore is from Isabel Marant (around € 400,--/ US $ 485.--).

https://www.ad.nl/show/maxima-draagt...rdam~a8e4e926/
Old 01-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Gosh no coat or jacket in January?

Not a bad look on Queen Máxima for her 1st New Years appearance but the hair needs more attention.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Gosh no coat or jacket in January?

Not a bad look on Queen Máxima for her 1st New Years appearance but the hair needs more attention.
Máxima was "delivered" by her Audi right before the door. (..)

When the Oranje Fonds or the UN is in play: forget any dresscode. Then Máxima will requests as little formality as possible. She wants to be "just the lady around the corner saying hello" and absolutely does not want volunteers from charities "dress up" because the lady patroness comes along.
(...)
Old 01-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Queen Máxima inaugurated the renovated House for Music in Arnhem this afternoon, January 12, wearing a new Natan suit:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 01-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, it's kicky! I love the pattern and color. I think the fit iffy on top. I love a good wide leg pant. I even like a good cuffed pant - wide legged or not. But the balance between the top half and bottom half of this suit is not excellent on Max.
I'd like it on a tall, thin model but it just looks a bit silly as business wear.
And I just can't love any hat brim where the lady has to bend her head back to see the people. It always ends up looking like she is looking down her nose at the common person. Just my taste.
And good to see her out and about. In this case, I found the bugs amusing and then decided they made the earrings look like spider eggs.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Majesty

what an ugly suit with an even uglier and too-big hat.
The hat does not work for this indoor event
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e99k-jGZA...5/Maxima-6.jpg

and the "beetles" brooches are a no for me.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Máxima inaugurated the renovated House for Music in Arnhem this afternoon, January 12, wearing a new Natan suit:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
The brooches i like, but have a feeling the hat is too big (she seems to continously tilt her head backwards to see beyond the rimm)
Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
what an ugly suit with an even uglier and too-big hat.
The hat does not work for this indoor event
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e99k-jGZA...5/Maxima-6.jpg

and the "beetles" brooches are a no for me.
You took the words right out of my mouth, this is such an *Ugly* suit on anyone....she is getting worse as time goes by in her choices of clothing. I can't believe with all her money and time and help this is how she dresses. One positive thing, her hair.....at least if was up and not looking dirty and stringy like it normally does. Insects brooch's....are passe and the hat is way to big for she can't see where she is going or whom she is interacting with....
Old 01-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i dont mind the suit,the jacket have funny cut but in general its fine to me,i dislike the hat for the first time maybe Maxima looks bad in one
Old 01-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Gentry

I like the concept of this suit, I think the hat is a great choice with a flared trouser leg and I love the bugs! I'm a Max fan and generally like her look.

BUT----there is something about the tailoring on the trousers that is really bothering me and I can't figure out if the fit is off or the proportion in the design is off in the waist to crotch area----maybe both. I lay this at the feet of the designer---you are tailoring for a queen and its not too much of a task to flatter your client.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not a huge fan of this suit from Maxima, the fact that the entirety of it is check makes me quite dizzy!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread

Tags
queen maxima, queen maxima casual wear, queen maxima daytime fashion, queen maxima fashion, queen maxima hats, queen maxima style