The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Max usually does regal very well but I find this outfit nothing special. I don't like the hat, top part & skirt looks great, the shoes put me off, they look granny/not elegant at all. The First Lady did well, much better than in Spain.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...0617836596.jpg

Old 03-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Gentry

I like it without the hat

Old 03-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think I would like it more with a different hat and different shoes. The hat is nice by itself but it's for a different outfit IMO. Also, I don't completely like the fit of the jacket. The skirt is gorgeous though.

I also prefer the FL of Argentina today, her Channel-like outfit is absolutely lovely and so is her hairstyle.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 03-27-2017, 12:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipsi View Post
I like it without the hat
I thought it looked rather charming when I saw TM earlyer today at the Dam Square and after.The outfit looks wonderfull on HM.When one is face to face with her she simply dazzles anyone regardless how and what she wears,a patato bag would look splendid on her I bet...
Old 03-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I really liked Maxima's outfit and overall today but I thought it was a bit too dark for spring and and a state visit. Something more brighter or softer would've looked nicer.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Majesty

A pearl necklace and bracelet were the best element of the ensemble. In my opinion, a monochrome look paired with a wide-brimmed hat would have been a better choice.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Maxima looks lovely. The skirt us beautiful and I like the top half. I think floral gives enough of a spring feel. I love her jewelry.

Fantastic updo. But I am so disappointed. I was excited for a proper hat, she almost never disappoints at these events. This thing looks like some kind of dish on her head.

This should be an exciting few days, with two state visits to watch.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:14 AM
Majesty

Queen Maxima and Mrs. Juliana Awada during today a working visit to the apartment of client Lorena in the Orange House in Amsterdam.

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=omlnjlnb
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=kidfgkdc
Old 03-28-2017, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

both ladies look great again, maxima is wearing a similar style of applications than the first lady last night!
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...ef7&m=bfkhgdlp
Old 03-28-2017, 06:19 AM
Administrator

It's a new Claes Iversen coat Máxima wears today! At the photos taken outside you can get a better impression of the great, strong colour:

** Claes Iversen ** Upper part Máxima **
Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I love the new coat, Maxima looks great in those bold colours. And I even like the applications, they look good and add a special touch to the coat.

Great hairstyle and hat as well. Not too sold on her earrings, though

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 03-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I love Maxima's new coat, the color is sos trying yet very pretty and great on Maxima. I like the embellishments on it as well.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i love the purple coat too,nice color ,her hair is well done too.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Majesty

The purple look is beautiful. Great details.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful style of the coat, suits her so well. Great collar with stitching. Cute hairdo.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

This is one of those times the coat looks much better on the wearer then the model.

The coat is beautiful. Fits her perfectly and I love the color. I even love the detail on it. Reminds me of the gown of the First Lady last night.

Another fantastic updo. And I must say while I usually prefer proper brimmed hats, I actually like this one. This style hat only suits certain hair styles and people for me. Both Maxima and Mathilde wear them well
Old 03-30-2017, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Queen Máxima held a speech on the occasion of the Global Money Week in Amsterdam today, March 30, recycling a Natan animal print dress:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 03-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Not one of her best appearances,don't care for the dress and the out of bed hair is back.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

back to the messy hair,i don't like the print is a litle dark outfit for spring.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she look HOT in this dress, and not necessarily in a bad way. It just depends on your aesthetic. I like it.

I keep trying to figure out the hair. It was suddenly longer, so I am assuming extensions of some kind. And I like it in general. Hair pieces/additions can be a boon for many hairstyles and many ladies. In fact, many updos rely on hairpieces. They can add volume and length which many of us seek. Yay for that! Royals have relied on hair pieces for millennia, so the topic should not be taboo. Yay for Max in this respect.

What confuses me is that Max's longer hair thing comes and goes. I can't tell if it causes the thinning/damage we have seen or helps resolve the issue. If the latter, then why switch back and forth?

I have clip in extensions that I have used in community theatre. Used correctly, they are not uncomfortable and they do not damage my hair. But a bad weave can cause pain and discomfort on a level delivered only by the most poorly designed tiara. They can also damage the hair.

Surely she can find someone who can help her with her hair. And I hope she does too, because she deserves it. I imagine hair stylists all over Europe wishing they could lend a hand. She is a complete beauty, except for the bad hair days, JMO.

Love her in the dress!

Tags
queen maxima, queen maxima casual wear, queen maxima daytime fashion, queen maxima fashion, queen maxima hats, queen maxima style