Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 10: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a pity the Queen wears such a masculine model sunglasses. Horrible.

I'm sure I've seen her in more glamorous sunglasses than these ones!

As for the outfit, it's one of my favourites, beautifully accessorised and works really well with the gold shoes instead of the buff coloured ones.

that's very nice dress perfectly matched with the hat and shoes she looks wonderful.

Maxima sure can pull off big hats.

Nice dress. Fits well.

The orange color is nice and nice dress but all orange? I do not like!

I loved Maxima's outfit for race day, hat, dress, everything. It fitted well and she looked elegant. I'm not so fond of the all orange dress for the War Memorial, it was a bit much, especially as it was lacy. However, Maxima generally wears something with orange in it, especially on tours, so it was to be expected, I suppose. She's still one of my all time favourite royals!

Hmm - the all orange. I understand that choice completely, I just don't favor orange. So when she does this, I have to look beyond color.

The shoes are fabulous, the hat is meh. As to dress design, it's fine except for the hem lining. Why hem the lining short and the lace longer? What fashion point does it make except to cut you in two below the waist? I understand the design idea behind hi low and asymmetrical hems. But this high lining thing always looks cheap. To me this just always looks like the designer was trying to save money on lining material. :bang:

The orange color is nice and nice dress but all orange? I do not like!

i agree. i love all the items themselves but i would have preferred if she matched different colours as opposed to doing everything in one colour. maybe an orange and dark blue combination? it is otherwise too matchy-matchy.

but i do like the dress, the hair, the shoes and hat. i think they all look superb today. the dress reminds me of the one wore by kate recently to ascot.

Looks like she is going to a wedding was there a reason for this dress and the hat thing? Really I think it's a horrible choice

For so far Queen Máxima has dressed like a Queen: all the engagements were with hats, gloves, jewels, hofdames and aides-de-camp in the slipstream. As it should be.

The lace dress is pretty and so is the color, the only downside of this look was the whitish lining and the length of it. I would've preferred a lining the length of the dress and in a nice color. Her hair was nice and the hat was a nice addition.

I still have to meet the first lady with a lace dress, a hat, a cape, gloves and a purse and then saying to her: "You are too casual dressed"...

:lol:

I didnt say she is casually dressed.
I said the glasses (one item) are too casual for the rest of the outfit ;)

For so far Queen Máxima has dressed like a Queen: all the engagements were with hats, gloves, jewels, hofdames and aides-de-camp in the slipstream. As it should be.

Shouldn't she be promoting Dutch fashion a bit more? Or isn't that part of a state visit?

Max looks great in orange, fabulous color on her. And I love the dress, but I agree the lining, both white and length, throws it off. :flowers:

But I don't like the headpiece at all and there is too much orange. As much as I love her shoes and I do :) she would have looked better breaking up the orange a bit.

And I agree, how about letting Natan take a rest and showcase some Dutch designers.

Last edited:
The orange dress is lovely. Beautiful color.

Last edited:
She looks nice. Love her shoes.

Not the best combination withthe red poppies IMHO. And Natan and lace seldom work out (exception was Pss Claire of Belgiums lovely wedding dress)

That particular shade of orange is not to my liking - I think a deeper shade would work better in lace. Nonetheless, the shoes and other accessories are lovely and adding a cape to the whole things is just the icing on the cake for me!

I usually love what she wears but this is a complete fail.

Too much orange - dress, hat, gloves, shoes, bag, cocktail ring and other jewels

Lining too short and too much lace - totally inappropriate for a memorial. What was she thinking?

I am going to close the door on this, and hopefully never think of it again.

She is wearing these oddly proportioned skirts lately. This one again makes her look much wider than she is. The print and colors are nice, but the style is bad.

Her blouse is lovely, as is her hair. I don't even mind this hat. But that cheap orange necklace is a huge miss.

She is wearing these oddly proportioned skirts lately. This one again makes her look much wider than she is. The print and colors are nice, but the style is bad.

Her blouse is lovely, as is her hair. I don't even mind this hat. But that cheap orange necklace is a huge miss.

Australia, on the other hand looks great :). Seriously though, she looks good with the King.

the lace dress is not bad at all that's very lovely color on Queen Maxima however the dress could be better if little shorter.

Oh no, the last two outfits are really embarrassing , she really should get rid of N, makes her look silly. what a shame

Yet another Natan-at-its-worst combination, this time in the shape of an oversized balloon. And the orange lobster also found its way to Australia.

Let's hope she will switch to other designers in New-Zealand.

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind the skirt too much but Maxima's blouse, while lovely in itself, just doesn't go with it. Perhaps if the blouse was a bit more streamlined it would look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom