Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 10: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it was a success (how to measure?) but it is a bit strange to measure an informal, family appearance to fashion standards. Maybe the Queen and the Princesses were even overdressed for the occasion?

Usual Max nothing different that is what I love about her she does it her way. They all look very nice.

Top,absolutely top!!She gets away with anything,and if it would be a patato bag she'd still be stylish!

I love the earrings! Anyone know the designer of the jumpsuit?

All I can imagine is "We watched the balance beam today, and we all dressed like we were watching athletics on holiday, except Mom who wore this big coat/dress thing. But we won the Gold, so yahoo!"
Yahoo indeed and congrats to Sanne Wevers

This dress looks like vyshyvanka. It is a traditional Ukrainian dress or blouse. It is in vogue nowadays. The following links contain examples of similar dresses.

https://www.instagram.com/vitakin_originals/?hl=en

http://www.matchesfashion.com/us/womens/designers/vita-kin

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/Shop/Designers/MARCH11?pn=1&npp=60&image_view=product&dScroll=0

Last edited:
The coat is bizarre looking especially with the scarf:sad:

It looks even worse as she is standing next to her husband and kids who are all in shorts and Olympic gear. I didn't give Mary brownie points for wearing team gear, thought it a given, will have to give her belated. Scarf does not count.

She looks like she was about to do a hospital (some less casual) event and got dragged along last minute. Even if not Olympic gear, something sporty Max really, even queens dress down

Only for the earrings i doubt but the rest nice!

i like the casual outfits maxima chose for rio. the fedora hat she is wearing also looks great on her!

As I commonly find, not a fan off her earrings (love her bling but not costume pieces) but I like the look :flowers: I'd never wear the pants but Max looks great.

As I commonly find, not a fan off her earrings (love her bling but not costume pieces) but I like the look :flowers: I'd never wear the pants but Max looks great.

I thought that costume pieces means: fake. Queen Máxima wears no fake. She is not wearing plastic pearls or glass diamonds, pretending to be real indeed. When casual, the Queen sometimes wears not so expensive materials: wood, enamel, titanium, aluminium but: what you see is what you get. Nothing fake about it. That does not file them under "costume jewelry", I think. But maybe there is a linguïstic difference in play here.

Pretty Orange. I really like it worn more formal.

Máxima arrived in Jakarta today, August 30, for a three-day visit to Indonesia as United Nations Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development, wearing a Missoni coat.

Later she changed her clothes into a skirt and blouse of the same print:

** Outfit 1 Full view ** Upper part ** Outfit 2 Full view **

Two gorgeous outfits. Love,the proportions of the first outfit and the shoes. Of course the missoni is terrific and the colors suit her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom