Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the hat, but don't care for the outfit, especially the print.

Re Max' Gelderland outfit . . .

I've NEVER been wild about floral prints on ANYBODY . . .

Having said that . . .

If anybody can pull off a floral print, MAX can! And with this one, she did OK, I think. Not perfect (no, I'm NOT doing cartwheels over it!), but then again, NOBODY'S going to be perfect EVERY time, anyway.

Skirt length? Etc., etc. And I wish the peplum on the suit had been downsized a bit, meaning, cut just a tiny bit closer to her body, instead of sort of winging out at the hipline, like it kind of looks to me like its doing.

LOVE the hat! It seemed a wee bit off-color with that particular outfit, to me (like it had maybe warm touches of red and/or yellow or orange in it, and the suit seemed kind of based in cooler blues and grey?). But, there's no doubt she wore it well, and anybody who cared to look KNEW a Queen was present and accounted for. She is so wonderfully stately that she can carry off this type of hat, with ease.

Not a lot of women could.

The bigger hats that I've seen pics of her in provide a wonderful canvas/backdrop for that face.

And no, you'd NEVER have a problem finding her in a crowd, wearing a topper like this!

BUT . . .

I also like her in pillboxes and turbans, too. Max is so very pretty and has such an expressive, mobile face, that, to me, when she wears a pillbox or turban, her face is RIGHT THERE and you're drawn into it and really focus on its beauty and expressiveness.

It's almost like she's wearing a fabric tiara when she wears a pillbox or turban.

LONG LIVE QUEEN MAX!!!!!!!!

:D

ETA . . .

In a pic on another site, they showed the BACK of what looks like a black pillbox hat on Max when she was at Hillegom . . .

LO AND BEHOLD, it's one of those open-topped hats like Sylvia and MT have worn, recently! :eek:

I DON'T like those, so I don't like how Max' headpiece looks from a BACK view, because it IS open-topped (it reminds me of a pushed-back headband!) . . . :ohmy:

BUT, I still like the pillbox-y look of it on her from the FRONT view (GO FIGURE! :lol:)!

:D

Last edited:
maxima looks super today. although i personally prefer a more simple style, this is so her and so vibrant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxima . . .

LOVE ya, BUT . . .

Those PANTS?

:ohmy::eek::ermm:

God, SAVE THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!

I love the orange pants!

My Dutch step-mother wore a very similar outfit to a wedding once and I thought it looked rather nice. So it's rather lovely that Queen Maxima is taking style tips from ordinary Dutch citizens......;)

I love Maxima but she needs stop wearing that style of pants.
Also, something has to be done about that hair.

Ah yeah the pants. Like the jacket but the pants maybe should've chosen a different bottom piece.

Agreed.

Much as I adore Maxima, I'm sorry.

Those pants?

Whoah.

Frankly, they remind me of the kind of pants I sometimes wore back in the mid/late 60s - early 70s (maybe), purchased from, say, WalMart.

I don't mind the orange color, but I'm not particularly wild about that color pant paired with that particular twinset (?) top.

And, yep, to me, it kind of looks like the pants are snug in and pulling across her hipbone area, making whatever fabric they're made out of look rather (OK, VERY!) wrinkly in that area on Max, as she walks.

And kind of slept-in, too.

Love/like the shoes, bag, twinset and earrings.

The pants (and hair)?

Not so much.

STILL LOVE MAX, THOUGH!!!!!!!!

NOBODY gets it right, ALL the time!!!

:lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Love this outfit. Maxima has not only been stepping up her wardrobe but her jewels. Ok not everyday but for the most part and I love it. She is just doing a wonderful job!!!

I like the first color combination and the hats & jewels & hair for both events, but why the queen recycles an outfit (the 2nd one) that she only wore a few weeks ago is beyond me. I know there is an economic crisis, but she must have tons of other clothes at home.

The first top is indeed ill-fitting,as is very often the case with Natan clothes, but I really like this more polished look of the queen lately, hat, gloves, skirt, real jewels & hair up on most day occasions.

Last edited:
(...) That's a lot of orange even for a Dutch queen for one day!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the front view of the first outfit, but the buttons on the back of the top don't sit well with me. I love her brooch, however. The second outfit is all right.

Love both outfits even though they are similar. the first has an interesting color combination though I agree, the top does not fit.
So happy with the jewels, especially interesting on the second outfit, and the gloves, but think they are too dark in the first outfit.
The hats were both just perfect and perfectly placed for her stature.

I have the feeling that Maxima´s style has quite changed as Queen :)

I have the feeling that Maxima´s style has quite changed as Queen :)

Not really. Most if not all her outfits have been recycled (same old style). She usually does a better job in dressing and hair when abroad.

I think she looks good, JUst she is theonly one in hat so i think she looks out of place or the rest is out of place?

I think she looks good, JUst she is theonly one in hat so i think she looks out of place or the rest is out of place?

It is the rest, who is out of place..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hey, she is the Queen!
Bye Bine

I have loved all her outfits on the trip she is looking amazing and the hats the bigger the better on her she can really carry them off ... love it all.

I don't think her style has changed she has just neatened up and looks more pulled together.

I don't think her style has changed she has just neatened up and looks more pulled together.
Yes thats what I thought. She is using her clothes on another level, she carefully chooses the pieces she already has, grogeous jewerly, great hats and beautiful hairstyles.
As a Queen, she's definately more careful now with her choices, and I think she's living up to that name:D

Yes thats what I thought. She is using her clothes on another level, she carefully chooses the pieces she already has, grogeous jewerly, great hats and beautiful hairstyles.
As a Queen, she's definately more careful now with her choices, and I think she's living up to that name:D

Think more often it is her hair that is now "tamed"..... She needs to keep it like this - much more regal.

Those loose locks did NOTHING for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom