Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all of Max's outfit!

I think Maxim is so busy with her schedule and her work that I am not sure she has the time to organize this wrdrobes, I think she migh have somebody who does it for her. she might no even care about fashion , but this is her"costume" for her "job"

Wonderful outfits and all pulled together with hair, hat and jewelry. Love the little black hat, natan dress is ok but do not like the print.
Like the other oversized peplum look, though only saw it from the front

I like Max' Berlin and Wiesbaden outfits and think they are, for the most part, great. However, I think they DO resemble and echo too much her Gelderland outfit, which she wore so very recently, before these two. And I agree with Iceflower about her Berlin and Wiesbaden outfits being too similar to have been worn in just one day. Also, yep, the Natan top is ill-fitting.

One would think that a couture dress designer could at LEAST fit clothes properly.

Russelsheim: Like it a lot! The hat, in particular, is to DIE for, on her.

Stuttgart: Overall, like IT a lot, too! The little hat kind of resembles an off-color, netted pancake or frisbee, to me. But, hey, you're still drawn in to that face because you can't help but stare at that pancake (or frisbee). So it's not a total disaster, I suppose.

I DO wish more space had been put between the Gelderland, Berlin and Wiesbaden outfits, since all three are SO similar. But, then again, this is one HECK of a Royal Road Show, so I can see how --- in terms of logistics, planning, etc. --- details like repeating too-similar outfits in too short a space of time could get lost in the shuffle.

And Max looks SPECTACULAR in those flying-saucer hats, so, it's all good, in the long run!

Plus, her hairstyling has improved and she's taking along and showcasing her absolutely mouth-watering jewels, too, so it's even MORE all good!

I ain't mad at her!!!!

LOL!!!!

Last edited:

Máxima in Berlin, Germany, today, June 3rd, loooking great in a top and hat in a nice shade of orange (by Natan) and a lovely skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Back view **

In Wiesbaden, Germany, later today, Máxima has chosen another but quite similar outfit - it's great, but I would not have chosen such a similar outfit on one and the same day.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Appeltjes van Oranje award ceremony, May 2013 **

I love the top and the hat on the first outfit but not the skirt. Really like the second outfit. Love that vibrant color.

A lovely recycled look for Máxima in Rüsselsheim, Germany, today, June 4:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Brazil November 2012 **

And a second one worn in Stuttgart also today:

** Full view ** Upper part **

On the first outfit, I love the top but not the rest of the outfit. The second outfit is alright.

How many timees a day she is changing? and different hair too,
vee: i like your comment about"Royal road show" you ar so right! it is a show full of PR and incredible wordrobe and jewellery! I enjoy it very much1

How many timees a day she is changing? and different hair too,
vee: i like your comment about"Royal road show" you ar so right! it is a show full of PR and incredible wordrobe and jewellery! I enjoy it very much1

I'm enjoying it, too, ashelen!

And WHAT a road show it is, to have that ever-interesting, gorgeous, full-of-life, clotheshorse Maxima as one of the stars of it!

I kind of figure that her feet (expensively shod though they may be!) are most likely killing her by the end of each day, lately.

But she never fails to turn on that 1,000-watt smile wherever she shows up, the very next day.

Re the hairstyling:

The thought HAD crossed my mind that after all the shouting with this is over, Max might be lucky to have two hairs left on her head to call her own. All that changing up of hairstyles is a whole LOT of stress to put on ANYBODY'S head, let alone the head of a Queen of a country.

The other side of that coin is that she IS Da Queen. So, I figure she will more than probably have one of the top hairstylists in her country (or the world, for that matter) traveling with her and seeing to it that all the hair work doesn't badly damage her hair and leave her looking like a bejeweled egg.

And even though some of her outfits may be slightly wrong --- or ALL wrong, sometimes! --- I just can't WAIT to see what she'll pull out of her suitcase, next!

GO, MAX!

Last edited:
The white dress with black lace print was ok for me but once matched with the cardigan it looked really silly.

I really think a little longer length of skirt suits Maxima more than the above knee that's only IMO the last outfit is really lovely but would be even more flattering longer just abit. '
The recycled is a gorgeous colour but I was never sure about the hat ....
Loved the look but Maxima is a tall woman and not willowy or waif-like so she needs a little more length in the skirt to balance it out, especially if she is wearing a pencil skirt.

Queen Maxima in the province of Gelderland today, May 30, wearing a recycled Natan outfit and a hat:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Brunei, January 2013 **
Max looked amazing in this ensemble. Every inch a Queen.

Máxima in Berlin, Germany, today, June 3rd, looking great in a top and hat in a nice shade of orange (by Natan) and a lovely skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Back view **

In Wiesbaden, Germany, later today, Máxima has chosen another but quite similar outfit - it's great, but I would not have chosen such a similar outfit on one and the same day.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Appeltjes van Oranje award ceremony, May 2013 **
Loved both outfits from the top of her stunning hats to the tip of her lovely shoes!

I like the first color combination and the hats & jewels & hair for both events, but why the queen recycles an outfit (the 2nd one) that she only wore a few weeks ago is beyond me. I know there is an economic crisis, but she must have tons of other clothes at home.
That's the point, they are at home and she is trying to make her mark.

. . . but I really like this more polished look of the queen lately, hat, gloves, skirt, real jewels & hair up on most day occasions.
I have an idea that Max is traveling with both a dresser and a hairdresser and we get to admire the finely polished Queen that she is becoming.

(...) That's a lot of orange even for a Dutch queen for one day!
Ah . . . who else but Queen Maxima could pull that off with such panache? She absolutely rocks that look!

A lovely recycled look for Máxima in Rüsselsheim, Germany, today, June 4:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Brazil November 2012 **

And a second one worn in Stuttgart also today:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Wow! What a difference accessories make. In both cases the hat makes almost a whole new look!

I think she looks good, JUst she is theonly one in hat so i think she looks out of place or the rest is out of place?
No, she is who they have come to see. I think she took a leaf out of Queen Beatrix's book (who probably took one from Queen Elizabeth) . . . when one is out walking among the people everyone should be able to see her coming, fortunately she is tall but more important she is not obscured by all the VIP's, security etc. Those fabulous large hats are a knock-out and she really knows how to wear them with panache!

I don't think her style has changed she has just neatened up and looks more pulled together.

i totally agree, she does look more "pulled toghether"
and she started the wear brouches on her shirts

:previous:

Máxima has worn a lot of brooches in the last years, so that's nothing new :flowers:

:previous: I think Max has always had a lot going on. She seems a flamboyant personality and dresses with a very South American flair instead of European classic. I think sometimes her wonderfully whimsical brooches have been overlooked by hair hanging over them or eclipsed by huge, colourful earrings, etc. The wee gems got just a little swamped or just plain overlooked.

Love Maxima's whole wardrobe for Germany. She is doing a great job representing her country. When her hair is neat it really shows what a stunning woman she is. I wonder if now she is traveling with hairdresser or stylist. She never seems to have one unless she was traveling with Queen Bea but I think she deserves to have it herself now.

quote from vee:
Re the hairstyling:

The thought HAD crossed my mind that after all the shouting with this is over, Max might be lucky to have two hairs left on her head to call her own. All that changing up of hairstyles is a whole LOT of stress to put on ANYBODY'S head, let alone the head of a Queen of a country.

The other side of that coin is that she IS Da Queen. So, I figure she will more than probably have one of the top hairstylists in her country (or the world, for that matter) traveling with her and seeing to it that all the hair work doesn't badly damage her hair and leave her looking like a bejeweled egg.

vee I think she uses a lot of heair pieces, the same as Mary, but she must have the beat treatments for her hair but you are right so many times a day changing her heair style it is a lot for any hair. but she is really a showgirl, alwayssmiling and with great enthuusiasim, one read about Zara, complaining about all that and how heavy was the tiaras to carry while Andrews ws resting she had to be there 2 hour with a hearstylist to get ready for the ocasion, i guess she didn't apreciate what she had , contrary Maxima I think she knows what she has and it is happy of what she is doing and she shows it! good for her!

quote from vee:
Re the hairstyling:

vee I think she uses a lot of heair pieces, the same as Mary, but she must have the beat treatments for her hair but you are right so many times a day changing her heair style it is a lot for any hair. but she is really a showgirl, alwayssmiling and with great enthuusiasim, one read about Zara, complaining about all that and how heavy was the tiaras to carry while Andrews ws resting she had to be there 2 hour with a hearstylist to get ready for the ocasion, i guess she didn't apreciate what she had , contrary Maxima I think she knows what she has and it is happy of what she is doing and she shows it! good for her!

ashelen . . .

Never would've thought of it this way on my own, but I agree with you that essentially, Max IS a showgirl. I also agree with you that she's a smart cookie in that she all too well KNOWS what she's got in WA, her girls, PB, her position and extended Dutch family, and she's grateful for ALL of that. So, especially with her innate South American flair that MARG spoke of, good or bad, we'll NEVER have a dull fashion moment with Maxima.

I would LOVE to spend an afternoon kiting around to various shops with her, or just hanging out!

And no, I can't WAIT to see what she'll step out in, next.

I don't think I'll EVER get tired of tuning in to MAX TV!!!!!!!

:lol:

Lovely outfit!

I love the color and style of the coat.

I think this is awful doesn't seem to fit and is too short or am I not seeing something and the hat YUK !!!! IMO

:previous: I think Max is going to keep recycling her clothes for some time. New items will gradually replace the old and, hopefully, her skirt lengths will not be quite so high.

That being said, 'step away from the hat'! IMO that and her hair are the only things that save the ensemble from total Meh!

Maxima has never dressed like any of those women- they dressed like her! What an awful comparison!

Love the pink and beige dress and coat. Ditto on the skirt length, she needs to cover those knees, they do detract from her appearance.

11 Times Queen Màxima Of The Netherlands Dressed Like A Real Housewife
The connection of most of the outfits is weak, and I'm appalled that the regal Maxima would ever be compared to the likes of the real housewives. But I am happy to see Buzzfeed randomly give a shout-out to the world's newest queen :)

Awful comparisons, I agree! Queen Maxima is educated and elegant, while I find most tv-starlets rather tacky and not overly smart and inspirational (of course, there are exceptions).
However, as this is a fashion thread:Except for 1,2 and 7 Queen Maxima has worn it much much better than the women she was compared to :D

It is only normal that women wear something similar from time to time because we can buy the same fashion magazines, watch the same movies/tv-shows and most fashion brands are international, so it is not a surprise that sometimes two celebrities or a royal and a celebrity wear the same clothes!
What I noticed is that Mathilde of Belgium and Queen Maxima sometimes chose similar designs from Natan :)

Love the navy dress. Wow are those some high heels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom