Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the green don't love the style but don't hate it either the skirt could have been longer and would have been more flattering IMO

Agree, and the top a little looser. I really like the color on her. I'm liking the turban! Very nice to see her hair up and not the long stringy hair.

Oh I do love this outfit and hat! Maxima looks every inch a Queen. The jewel colour and material is very lovely and regal!

Queen Máxima in Luxembourg today, May 24, 2013, wearing an elegant outfit in green. She has worn the turban and the jewellery before in January, but with another green outfit:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Brunei, January 2013 **

I really like the colour of Maxima's outfit, it's one of my favourite shades of green. Her shoes are nice too. :) However, I'm not too sure about her sleeves. I'm also not too keen on her turban, although I do like the colour of it.

Last edited:
The color of the outfit, and the choice of brooch are both wonderful, but I'm not so enthusiastic about the fit. It makes Maxima look big.

I like the color. Not sure about the fabric

Love it almost all, color, cut, neckline, just a little too short for her legs. Even don't mind the turban. Do think she could have found some shoes with a little lower heels, the height between her and her hosts is a bit much!

The green outfit is quite nice and looks good on Maxima. I love the butterfly brooch.

Overall, LOVE IT!

Not wild about the sleeves (they DO look a little tight and slightly awkward, IMO), the skirt COULD have been a couple to three inches longer, and the suit could've been cut a bit better to suit her body.

LOVE the color on her, and brooch. I can even appreciate the turban, rather than having her loose hair flying around looking slightly (or mostly) unkempt!

Keep up the (predominantly, LOL!) good work, Max!

Last edited:
I agree vee. When her hair is neat I overlook other things. What color green is that? I so love those emerald earrings and the butterfly brooch..just perfect! Maybe a tiara for tonight?

The color of the outfit, and the choice of brooch are both wonderful, but I'm not so enthusiastic about the fit. It makes Maxima look big.
For me I think the thing that threw me off was that surprisingly the skirt was too short and all that expanse of leg just didn't balance with the intricacy of the dress design and it made the whole outfit, from turban to hem look top heavy. Had the skirt been longer it may have balanced the ensemble out from top to toe and looked really look quintessential 'Max'.

Agree totally. She is one who should never show the knees, ike Cp Mary learned.

Overall, love THIS one, too!

BUT . . .

Skirt length, meh.

LOVE the little hat. But the way it's positioned on Max' head, it kind of reminds me of a flight attendant's hat circa the 1960s.

Everything else: TOTALLY LOVE IT!

Is it me or since she became Queen she looks more glamorous and styled properly, it doesn't mean she wasn't before, but right now she brings it to another level, including her hair!

Is it me or since she became Queen she looks more glamorous and styled properly, it doesn't mean she wasn't before, but right now she brings it to another level, including her hair!

I did wonder a few months ago whether we would see any change in Queen Maxima's fashion and style and I do think you are right. It seems that the changes are very subtle and she is indeed bringing things up to another level.
I think there are still occasions (such as less exposed engagements or less formal ones) where she is in the familiar "Maxima" mode, with no hat and her hair down but with her usual lovely clothes on.....and then there are slightly more formal engagements where she will meet more people or be on a special visit where she becomes very queenly and regal, sumptuous outfits, hats, hair up etc.

I really am liking the recent hats she has been wearing - kind of turban ones - like Princess Beatrix, Maxima could be creating a hat style all of her own!

I really think a little longer length of skirt suits Maxima more than the above knee that's only IMO the last outfit is really lovely but would be even more flattering longer just abit. '
The recycled is a gorgeous colour but I was never sure about the hat ....

Agree she needs to cover up her knees, not her best feature. Liking all of it, especially emphasis on hats, and hair.

Absolutely agree, I realised that as well..... she is on a new level and she did everything allright until now. No bad hair day since :whistling:..... A true and regal Queen. And: as she is still a young Queen she also can afford showing her knees (at least IMHO).
Bye Bine

Just saw the King and Queen!

I just saw the King and Queen in person in Duiven!
Queen Máxima is so beautiful! It was amazing to see her so close. She was so tall and tanned. Her make-up was really well done and the outfit was absolutely beautiful!
The King was much more handsome than I imagined. His hair is much more blond than in the pictures and he was tanned too.
My niece (3 years) was able to give the Queen a drawing she made. The Queen was so nice to her. I hope to show pictures soon!

I like it that the queen seems to be wearing hats & her hair up much more frequently after 30 April. The loose hair seems to be reserved for more business like events like the UN and micro credit related things. And even nicer that she is wearing a big hat today, they suit her face much better than the pillboxes and turbans IMHO.

I wonder when they acquired the tan, as the weather has been atrocious for most of the month.

Last edited:
Max has turned it up since becoming Queen,she looks really good and put together.

I like it that the queen seems to be wearing hats & her hair up much more frequently after 30 April. The loose hair seems to be reserved for more business like events like the UN and micro credit related things. And even nicer that she is wearing a big hat today, they suit her face much better than the pillboxes and turbans IMHO.

I wonder when they acquired the tan, as the weather has been atrocious for most of the month.

What was so ideal about the big hat is that you knew exactly where she was in the crowd.
Maybe it was an artificial tan; perhaps she used a tanning spray. :flowers:

I agree, Maxima looks great in her hats as it usually means her hair is done. She looks beautiful this whole week. Not big on flowers but I like this outfit on her as well as the hat and diamond pin. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom