The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Máxima has recycled one of her oldest outfits by Natan today, June 28, but for the first time combined with one of her new turbans:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up/Turban ** March 2003 ** April 2003 ** 2008 ** Germany 2011 **
I like Maxima's suit and earrings. Although I'm not particularly keen of it, the colour of her bag and shoes goes well with her suit. I'm also not too sure about her turban. It seems that she likes wearing turbans and I have a feeling that we'll be seeing them more often.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think this suit is one of her most flattering outfits. Lovely color, fit, and classic styling. This isn't my favorite turban, but I still love the look on her as it keeps her hair neat and stylish.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the suit with the big hat, but this turbants!!!!! I hate them!!!! do nothing for her looks!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Máxima at a commemoration at the National Slavery Memorial in Amsterdam today, July 1st, wearing a recycled outfit including a hat by Fabienne Delvigne.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Germany 2011 ** Mexico November 2009 ** May 2009 **
Old 07-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I wish she would stop wearing sun glasses at public events. I find it rather rude. Queen Beatrix seldom wore them. The outfit is nice, though perhaps she could have tried another hat as she has already worn this combination several times.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

At least you can see her eyes through these sunglasses. Many people are light sensitive and this makes them squint in harsh sunlight. My doctor also told me the more I wear sunglasses, the longer I will stave off cataracts. So these are a couple of reasons to be pro-sunglasses. I do tend to agree that for short outdoor appearances, public figures do tend to suck it up and slip sunglasses off.

I have not followed Queen Max in recent years, so this hat was new to me. Do you think the flipped up bits in the back are intended to vaguely mimic traditional dutch girl caps (as in Redirect Notice) ? If so that's a nice nod to national culture. If not, they look a bit like horns - depending on how she has rotated the hat.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the outfit but the hat just looks silly. It hasn't improved since the first outing..lol
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the outfit and the pearls are stunning but that stupid hat !!!! good lord totally ruins the look IMO
Old 07-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Queen Máxima at a commemoration at the National Slavery Memorial in Amsterdam today, July 1st, wearing a recycled outfit including a hat by Fabienne Delvigne.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Germany 2011 ** Mexico November 2009 ** May 2009 **
recently Queen Maxima likes wearing hat like that . still, she's always looks beautiful
Old 07-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Overall, I like Maxima's outfit, her necklace is very nice. I'm also keen on her shoes. The things I don't particularly like about this outfit is her hat (it would be OK without the gold/brown bits on it) and sunglasses.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Must be a Natan. I recognize the use of inverted pleats on the hips to emphasize them.
Also, the 3/4 sleeves end at a bad spot on her hips, highlighted light against black, further emphasizing the hips.
The hat just does nothing for her, and doesn't really go with the outfit.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

Far as hats go, my all-time faves on Max are her huge picture/flying saucer ones.

Frankly, I'm liking MOST of the turbans, too, if ONLY to mix things up just a wee tiny bit and not lock herself into a special trademark style (like PB's soup bowls!).

I actually liked the feathered headband she wore when she met with QM2 and PH. It kind of reminded me of Mary's hat/headband that she's worn for the christenings of all her children. I wish it would've been just a bit darker in color, but otherwise, I liked it a lot as a change and something different.

Far as her skirt length goes, I've just totally given up commenting altogether that I'd like to see them at least a couple inches longer. She can only do what she can do when she can do it, I suppose.

Overall, I liked her National Slavery Memorial outfit. Far as the hat goes, I could've EASILY lived without the Dutch devil horns on the back. Those kind of ran it into the wall at 100 mph, to me.

Otherwise, I thought she looked pretty great!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The outfit is nice but I don't like the hat.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Royal Highness

The outfit is nice & looks Nice on Queen Maxima , I liked the earring , I loved it with Brooch & earnings more than with Necklace , but she was must do some new touch with the outfit as long as she wore it several times before !
The hat is not ugly IMO but bit weird design & not looks nice with black & white outfit !
particularly I didn't like the shoes !!! , to be honest I always not like Queen Maxima shoes choices , it always looks like big huge shoes .
About sunglasses I would agree with some of here opinions that may her eyes have Allergies from sun !! ,, I would understand that because I am having allergies too .
Overall she looks Pretty Nice .
Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!

Tags
queen maxima daytime fashion, queen maxima fashion, queen maxima style