Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red and white is nice nothing special the blue is an oldie but a goodie the hat on the other hand is a horror IMO

As a person who always wears a sun hat, I can testify that they are awkward to wear indoors. A big brim creates a space around me which may intrude into others' faces, particularly when I am seated next to someone. Of course, I live a very informal life, and I can just take my big-brimmed hat off under most circumstances. A Queen can't just remove her hat when she goes indoors.

i understand the practicalities of what you say but Maxima has been wearing big hats to indoor events for years. There isnt any reason to change now unless she is attempting a more serious image and she thinks big hats are too frivolous for a Queen. But these turbans are IMO horrible, especially when they match her hair colour.

I want the old Max back!

I think the new Max is just like the old one, with one difference. Her hair doesn't look as disheveled as it usually does, and I think the turbans are a big help with that. I like them for the most part. She does look great in the big brimmed hats, but the turbans are a step up. IMHO of course:flowers:

Agreed. I'm ready to move on from the turbans a lil bit.
I have to agree. The turbans can be fun but not every other day. It's getting a little old for me too. The suit is lovely though and a great color and I do love that she pulled out a really cool shoe with it.

Maybe there easier than other hats. I don't mind them as her hair is always pulled in neat. Bea always wore the same kind of hat as well.

Is there a dominant "Turbaner to the Queen" or does she find them willy nilly? Does anyone know?
yes, there is a modiste en chef, Fabienne Delvigne in Brussels at www.fabiennedelvigne.be where you will find various versions of the turban in the collection 'a capable woman'. I would be delighted if HM queen Maxima made her choice based on Mme Delvigne's very evocative labelling of this particular design!:flowers::whistling:

I love the turban look on Maxima for two reasons:

1. It keeps her hair in place
2.) and it's just a good look

I really liked her look today w/ what appears to be a tan colored turban and a grayish blue suit. Very nice.

I don't know...I guess I'd have preferred her to ease into her 'signature/trademark' pieces. If she wanted to experiment with turbans she could've introduced them into her wardrobe in a more subtle manner. I don't see why big hats would be an obstacle to her dealings with the public. She has worn them before. As for keeping her hair in place....hmm, there are plenty of other royal women out there who don't wear turbans and still manage to have immaculate hair.
I don't mean to criticize. I just prefer Maxima in her big, flamboyant hats. To me, those are her trademark. However I understand that she seems to be making a genuine effort to project an image that she feels is more appropriate for her new role. We've already seen plenty of turbans and more recycling. I wonder what's next.

Ugh. Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.

If the turban wasn't beige and blended with her hair, it would have looked so much smarter. At least her hair is neatly coiffed with this style and if she wants to experiment with different types of hats, good for her. I'd rather see this look than her hair unbound and unkempt.

This is the only turban I don't like. It reminds me of those scarves women would put on their hair to do housework in the 50's.
Probably because it is too close to her own hair color as previously mentioned.
The earrings almost make it a save.
Love the suit. The flare around the hemline of the skirt is particularly flattering. Don't love the shoes, prefer the soft blue shoes she wore w/it 10 yrs ago.

This is the only turban I don't like. It reminds me of those scarves women would put on their hair to do housework in the 50's.
Probably because it is too close to her own hair color as previously mentioned.
The earrings almost make it a save.
Love the suit. The flare around the hemline of the skirt is particularly flattering. Don't love the shoes, prefer the soft blue shoes she wore w/it 10 yrs ago.

Plus, I think she wore it two days this week. Would she have worn the same hat twice in a week?

If the turban wasn't beige and blended with her hair, it would have looked so much smarter.

Yes, I did a double-take when I first saw the photo. I thought someone had done something very strange with her hair. :lol: I don't mind the turban style, but it shouldn't match her hair.

This must be one of her favourite outfits,one of the few from her earlier days as a princess. If it is Natan, I must say that I forgot that he made these clean cut clothes in the past: no balloon skirts, no bows, no stones etc.

Last edited:
yes, i remember this suit from her early years! nice to see her recycling it after such a long time.
i am also ready for a move away from turbans. although ladongas is right, and wide brim hats are not the most suitable for maxima as a queen to speak to people and generally being "within" her environment at visits. just imagine all those people waiting to see her, and she turns up with a wide brim hat that covers her completely. however, i do think she can find an alternative to turbans. turbans only look good on sheikha mozah :) i think they age maxima severely. she can surely find a set of simple and small hats that she can use. or even use no hat at all, but it seems that for more official outings she prefers to have a hat on which is very acceptable as a sign of formality, but there's other alternatives out there.

This is one of her most flattering suits and I am glad she recycled it. Was it by Valentino?
I think she should've worn a proper hat rather than a turban, moreover, I think the turban doesn't suit the look.

It's a vey beautiful outfit and like most people here I don't like the turban. I'd say she should have gone for a small hat instead of turban.

I don't know...I guess I'd have preferred her to ease into her 'signature/trademark' pieces. If she wanted to experiment with turbans she could've introduced them into her wardrobe in a more subtle manner. I don't see why big hats would be an obstacle to her dealings with the public. She has worn them before. As for keeping her hair in place....hmm, there are plenty of other royal women out there who don't wear turbans and still manage to have immaculate hair.
I don't mean to criticize. I just prefer Maxima in her big, flamboyant hats. To me, those are her trademark. However I understand that she seems to be making a genuine effort to project an image that she feels is more appropriate for her new role. We've already seen plenty of turbans and more recycling. I wonder what's next.

You're right that there are other royal women who manage to have immaculate hair without wearing turbans, but unfortunately Maxima hasn't been one of them:flowers:

Máxima has recycled one of her oldest outfits by Natan today, June 28, but for the first time combined with one of her new turbans:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up/Turban ** March 2003 ** April 2003 ** 2008 ** Germany 2011 **

I like Maxima's suit and earrings. Although I'm not particularly keen of it, the colour of her bag and shoes goes well with her suit. I'm also not too sure about her turban. It seems that she likes wearing turbans and I have a feeling that we'll be seeing them more often.

Last edited:
I think this suit is one of her most flattering outfits. Lovely color, fit, and classic styling. This isn't my favorite turban, but I still love the look on her as it keeps her hair neat and stylish.

I like the suit with the big hat, but this turbants!!!!! I hate them!!!! do nothing for her looks!

I wish she would stop wearing sun glasses at public events. I find it rather rude. Queen Beatrix seldom wore them. The outfit is nice, though perhaps she could have tried another hat as she has already worn this combination several times.

At least you can see her eyes through these sunglasses. Many people are light sensitive and this makes them squint in harsh sunlight. My doctor also told me the more I wear sunglasses, the longer I will stave off cataracts. So these are a couple of reasons to be pro-sunglasses. I do tend to agree that for short outdoor appearances, public figures do tend to suck it up and slip sunglasses off.

I have not followed Queen Max in recent years, so this hat was new to me. Do you think the flipped up bits in the back are intended to vaguely mimic traditional dutch girl caps (as in Redirect Notice) ? If so that's a nice nod to national culture. If not, they look a bit like horns - depending on how she has rotated the hat.

I like the outfit but the hat just looks silly. It hasn't improved since the first outing..lol

Love the outfit and the pearls are stunning but that stupid hat !!!! good lord totally ruins the look IMO

Queen Máxima at a commemoration at the National Slavery Memorial in Amsterdam today, July 1st, wearing a recycled outfit including a hat by Fabienne Delvigne.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Germany 2011 ** Mexico November 2009 ** May 2009 **

Overall, I like Maxima's outfit, her necklace is very nice. I'm also keen on her shoes. The things I don't particularly like about this outfit is her hat (it would be OK without the gold/brown bits on it) and sunglasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom