Queen Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: June 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure on how I feel about Letizia's latest outfit. I love the colour of the dress, though am not a fan of the leather. It's better material for a bag rather than a dress to me. In that colour, it would make a very smart and nice bag, but as a dress, it just looks a little awkward to me. I also don't think the jacket/blazer goes too well with the dress, as for me it looks a little clunky with the leather. On the other hand, Letizia looks elegant and I love her hair, clutch and shoes.

I suppose with Friday being All hallows eve,Queen Letizia wore a black Penny Dreadful inspired gown.

Although I'm quite tired of seeing her in black lace, I think this dress is beautiful, much more than the black lace one from Varela she wore during the State Visit from Mexico. I love her hairstyle and the red lips, and I do't mind her wearing the floral tiara again since I think is a stunning piece. I just don't like her choice of earrings, her wedding ones would have been perfect.

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/72618db28b61ed2a630f6a70670076a6.jpg
http://www.fotopresidencia.cl/upload/ar_bachelet/291014-08-15-a.jpg

Close up
*** hairstyle

She looks beautiful in the gown. I wish the lining were illusion and the bottom is a bit odd - but I cannot argue that she looks less than splendid.

Wow, this dress looks AMAZING on her! She looked fantastic in it. Letizia rarely wears dresses like this one, so it's refreshing to see. Plus it's not Varela! ;)

The dress looks better on her than the model. Very feminine and glad to have a new designer. Love the tiara, red lips and hairstyle.

I love her dress! It's so pretty. I am so glad she is in Herrera than Valera.

That dress was like made for Letizia, I can't imagine anyone looking better in it. It suits so well to her petite frame. Her make up looks nice with the dress, I liked the red lips. Letizia and the floral tiara are a winning combination, and her hairdo was lovely as always. After seeing the video, I could see that the Herrara dress looks lovely in motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much black lately on Queen Letizia,don't like this outfit at all,hair and earring do get thumbs up .

I don't like this and usually I love that skirt. The blouse is not flattering; she is naturally extremely slim but this makes her look skeletal. Hair, make up and jewellery are fabulous.

Too much black lately on Queen Letizia,don't like this outfit at all,hair and earring do get thumbs up .
I believe that outfit would be fine without a belt altogether. Wasn't needed at all. Her makeup lovely and hair very nice. Once again she looked very clean but would like to see her in more jewel tones. They look brilliant on her.

Why, why, why does she like Mary Poppins blouses so much?

OK, rant over. She has a right to her own style, even if I hate parts of it (I love the rest). :flowers:

It looks like somebody scheduled the color "black" for the event . . . President Bachelet is also dressed in "black" . . . :whistling:

Queen Letizia looks stunning!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I have to admit that sometimes I shake my head and think she could do so much better, especially during some of her day events. But bottom line for me is, Letizia can bring on the glamour when she so desires. This outfit is beautiful on her. I even like the belt. She is a stunningly beautiful woman and the outfits the last couple of days have really shown the Queen at her best.

A sequined mini-skirt paired with blacks tights equals tacky. I venture to guess that the skirt is Varela's masterpiece. The make-up is nice.

Last edited:
not my favourite either, it accentuates how thin she is and it's a bit too dark for my taste.

however, big claps for her carolina herrera black gown with lace. it's beautiful and i'm glad she has chosen another designer for her evening gowns than the ever present felipe varela.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of the skirt (have we seen it before?) as there's too much going on there for me, but I love the blouse/top and Letizia herself looks elegant. I'm not so sure on her shoes either, as they look a little awkward with the rest of the outfit IMO.

Love the outfit. But, like others, the belt should have been left out.

She is so beautiful, it doesn't really matter what she puts on but this is a fashion thread... Agree that the black sheer blouse accentuates her slim frame, not good. She could do better with a skirt

I love this top and I it looks great matched with pants. Letitia looks great! I couldn't have imagined this top would look so good with pants. The hairstyle was lovely and suited Letitia.

Presentation of Francisco Cerecedo Journalism Award

Recycled black Varela top with black pants. I rarely like Letizia in pants, this one is no exception. A skirt would have been better. I love the makeup and hairstyle.
I agree that her hair style and makeup lovely. These pants really don't bother me as they are proper and not overly tight. I personally believe that very thin women showing their legs just brings more attention to their thinness. Overall, I think Letizia nailed this outfit for this occasion very well
I would rather love the look myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom