The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,752
Queen Letizia's ensemble looked so so. There are ladies, who can pull a skirt-shirt ensemble. Ms Carolina Herrera, for instance.
__________________

__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
  #42  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 4,933
I agree with the striking simplicity of the blouse perfect posture and perfect fit were all eye catching. The skit was beautiful and original looking. I do feel that a more blouse top,sleeves and softer neckline would have been prettier and she would have looked even better. Pretty hard to compete with a redhead covered in emeralds, so go plain!
__________________

  #43  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skokie, United States
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree with you completely. Clothes fit perfectly and the plain silk blouse didn't over take the beautiful skirt. Another top that would have distracted in any way, either by neckline or embellishment, would not have been as correct. This outfit showed off her beautiful slim figure. Hair nice although maybe a platinum large necklace just peaking out under her open blouse would have been nice, but I would have to see first.
I think both QL and PS looked elegant and beautiful. Princess Salma wearing a traditional kaftan with beautiful jewels. QL wearing an elegant very modern and elegant outfit representing modern Spain. QL has a very strong personality and I think she is not going to change the way she dresses or it is going to wear more jewels. I think she wants to maintain a plain look because the austerity in Spain due to the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I agree with the striking simplicity of the blouse perfect posture and perfect fit were all eye catching. The skit was beautiful and original looking. I do feel that a more blouse top,sleeves and softer neckline would have been prettier and she would have looked even better. Pretty hard to compete with a redhead covered in emeralds, so go plain!
I agree. It is a perfect combination for both ladies.
  #44  
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Venice CA, United States
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree with you completely. Clothes fit perfectly and the plain silk blouse didn't over take the beautiful skirt. Another top that would have distracted in any way, either by neckline or embellishment, would not have been as correct. This outfit showed off her beautiful slim figure. Hair nice although maybe a platinum large necklace just peaking out under her open blouse would have been nice, but I would have to see first.
Interesting suggestion - but agree it has to be seen.

Agree with you. She is a very beautiful woman and doesn't need much to 'pop' to the observer's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I agree with the striking simplicity of the blouse perfect posture and perfect fit were all eye catching. The skit was beautiful and original looking. I do feel that a more blouse top,sleeves and softer neckline would have been prettier and she would have looked even better. Pretty hard to compete with a redhead covered in emeralds, so go plain!
So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post
I think both QL and PS looked elegant and beautiful. Princess Salma wearing a traditional kaftan with beautiful jewels. QL wearing an elegant very modern and elegant outfit representing modern Spain. QL has a very strong personality and I think she is not going to change the way she dresses or it is going to wear more jewels. I think she wants to maintain a plain look because the austerity in Spain due to the economy.
Yes - both women were true to their context. It worked imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post
I agree. It is a perfect combination for both ladies.
I agree. No 'competition'. Each did well.
  #45  
Old 07-16-2014, 03:01 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 6,704
This latest evening outfit was stunning, yet very simple. It reminds me of somehow of Queen Rania's outfit at Felipe's and Letizia's wedding. A lovely be-jewelled necklace would have been a nice addition.
__________________
JACK
  #46  
Old 07-16-2014, 03:47 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,960
http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...04-gallery.jpg

Rania's skirt far more classy (I think it was by Givenchy), as usual what Letizia is wearing is only a poor copy.
  #47  
Old 07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The skirt is lovely but a shirt? The shirt makes the outfit look underdressed and looks like she is attending a business dinner. Knowing how lavish the Moroccan ladies dress for a dinner, I expected something a bit more lavish from Letizia.
Yes, for whatever reason the blouse ends up looking too "severe" and not soft enough for the skirt. The skirt is beautiful.
  #48  
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,055
What a great look! The long skirt is fantastic!
  #49  
Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Venice CA, United States
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...04-gallery.jpg

Rania's skirt far more classy (I think it was by Givenchy), as usual what Letizia is wearing is only a poor copy.
From the above I would say Letizia got it right. It appears the kind of blouse she was wearing with the long skirt is what one wears, we just have to see Rania's blouse in the above link for verification of that.

Of the two skirts I would go with Letizia's - very classy imo. Rania's is too florid a style for my liking. So it comes down to style. I like Letizia's sense of style in this instance.
  #50  
Old 07-17-2014, 05:06 PM
soraya's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: somewhere, France
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
From the above I would say Letizia got it right. It appears the kind of blouse she was wearing with the long skirt is what one wears, we just have to see Rania's blouse in the above link for verification of that.

Of the two skirts I would go with Letizia's - very classy imo. Rania's is too florid a style for my liking. So it comes down to style. I like Letizia's sense of style in this instance.
Except that Rania has worn that blouse in a daytime event.

I liked Letizia skirt a lot but in no way it's better than Rania's one
You cannot compare a Givenchy skirt with that skirt.

Like someone else said it,Letizia is wearing pale copies made generally by Varela.That's a shame because she could favour other spanish designers.
To be frank Rania's sense of style is always so much better
  #51  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 PM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,291
I personally prefer Letizia's skirt to Rania's. The only problem I see with Letizia's shirt is that it looks too rigid (if it makes sense), an effect caused by the fact that it's too tigh (not having the effect Rania's has in the waist) and the material is not the best (Rania's is also better in this)
  #52  
Old 07-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 637
I prefer Letizia's blouse and skirt to that of Rania.
  #53  
Old 07-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...04-gallery.jpg

Rania's skirt far more classy (I think it was by Givenchy), as usual what Letizia is wearing is only a poor copy.
Wow, now that truly shows how different people's tastes are. To me Renia's skirt looks really cheap as compared to Letizia's. That "lace' overlay reminds me of a creation that was on sale at Macys during the holiday season. It reminds me of my grandmother's tablecloth no matter who designed. Actually why I enjoy this forum as the taste of so many individuals are expressed.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #54  
Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Wow, now that truly shows how different people's tastes are. To me Renia's skirt looks really cheap as compared to Letizia's. That "lace' overlay reminds me of a creation that was on sale at Macys during the holiday season. It reminds me of my grandmother's tablecloth no matter who designed. Actually why I enjoy this forum as the taste of so many individuals are expressed.
I wore an outfit similar to Rania's when I was dancing in a folk dance program in fourth grade. My costume represented Mexico (and not very well!).
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #55  
Old 08-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,960
Recycled white dress at Mallorca reception

I don't like the dress too much, it has a superfake bust. An updo would have been nice.
http://www.hoy.es/multimedia/201408/...ptimizadax.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...01CGVUxXYl.jpg
http://s24.postimg.org/gmgz8z5px/FR_DI0827_293.jpg
http://resizer.elcorreo.com/resizer/...&encrypt=false

Meeting Michelle Obama
http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/origi...8-8-8-20-7.jpg

Dinner Mallorca 2010
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/2937/slide_2937_41335_large.jpg
http://images.rdujour.com/wp-content...09/08/ghdh.jpg
  #56  
Old 08-08-2014, 02:31 AM
JR76's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,797
I agree. It's a wonky (is that even a word?) looking dress but it looked best when paired with the necklace and the updo.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
  #57  
Old 08-08-2014, 04:24 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 20,582
The outfit was ok but it needed maybe a necklace to polish off the look.
__________________
25th of August 1270-Death of Louis IX ,King of France.
  #58  
Old 08-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Venice CA, United States
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I like it. Just right for a summer's evening.

P.S. The King does love that blue suit!
  #59  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,077
What a figure Letizia has! I LOVE that look! :-)
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #60  
Old 08-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,243
I think it is a nice and glamorous summer look on Doña Letizia. No complaints.

__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia eveningwear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2014 - April 2015 iceflower Archives 390 04-10-2015 02:46 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 14: June 2014 - January 2015 iceflower Archives 390 01-05-2015 04:24 PM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 13: January 2014 - June 2014 iceflower Archives 393 06-25-2014 05:57 AM
Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 10: October 2013 - June 2014 iceflower Archives 271 06-14-2014 07:16 PM
Queen Máxima's Eveningwear, Part 1: April 2013 - April 2014 iceflower Archives 389 04-06-2014 04:35 AM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" biography british royal family camilla chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events family fashion general news germany grandchild grand duchess maria teresa harry and meghan hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín juan carlos king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia meghan markle news nobel 2017 porphyria prince prince charles prince daniel prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess eleonore princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sibilla princess victoria prince william public opinion queen letizia queen mary of teck queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding soldier state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria visit from sweden wedding windsor castle working visit



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises