Queen Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: June 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feelings on her new haircut but I'm sure we'll get used to it,however her outfit was more tv presenter rather than queen of Spain.

Strangely enough, I don't think the real bob suits her as it suited her the fake one... But it's not a big deal. What really bothers me is her look... It would be alright for a glam VIP but not for a queen... and woithout entering forbidden areas of weight, it shows too much.:bang:

Strangely enough, I don't think the real bob suits her as it suited her the fake one... But it's not a big deal. What really bothers me is her look... It would be alright for a glam VIP but not for a queen... and woithout entering forbidden areas of weight, it shows too much.:bang:

I actually think the dress is fine. She is still young enough to wear it, and to me, the dress is not too revealing.

I actually think the dress is fine. She is still young enough to wear it, and to me, the dress is not too revealing.

We'll have to agree to disagree then because for her body type it was inappropriate to me

Letizia looks just fantastic, so elegant. I love her modern haircut, it suits her so well. It is a hairstyle for a strong and confident woman. A woman has never too many LBDs, and this dress is beautiful. I respect her because she isn't afraid to show her muscles, she looks healthy, one doesn't get these muscles by starving oneself. She is a strong and confident woman, who finally is at the position to use all her strenghts and that is fantastic to see.
If there isn't any tiara events in next few months, now was the right time to get a different hairstyle for a change.
I completely agree! She looks absolutely STUNNING. I really like the new bob. She has "thin" hair and sometimes it just looks better and more healthy shorter. She is definitely coming into her own, and I love seeing it.

I already said that it is an old expense, nevertheless it appeared just now, for me bad choice of moment to show matter.
50.000 is not an enormeous amount, but it may hurt for people in need. Especially for Spain who faced all these scandals related to Monarchy.
You are right that to fight economical crisis we should spend, but maybe not money cosidered to be contributors money.
Any way, for me the tiara was average, but delicate enough to suit to Letizia's head. She was very pretty.

Those that want to complain can always find something to complain about. IMO, if you are royal, you cannot afford to appear to be anything other than royal. To pretend that you are not rich would be disingenuous. Not that I am suggesting profligacy.

The hair looks great, good to change it up and you don't need long hair for tiaras or even different looks. The dress does not suit her or her position,as a few have mentioned. Too much of the same, too glam, and too many bones showing for my taste.

I'm undecided about the haircut. Guess I don't like it. Long hair softs her face and this one looks a little harsh on her. I'll wait until we get to see the hairdo on a daytime event to get a real opinion.

The dress is gorgeous and not inappropriate for the kind of event this was (all the guest were on the glam-trendy side fashion-wise). But strapless is certainly not Letizia's best friend, and I'm so bored with her LBDs.

The hair looks great, good to change it up and you don't need long hair for tiaras or even different looks. The dress does not suit her or her position,as a few have mentioned. Too much of the same, too glam, and too many bones showing for my taste.

I am glad she has gone for a radically different hairstyle. Most of the other royal ladies have very similar hairstyles. Its time to shake things off a bit.

I am glad she has gone for a radically different hairstyle. Most of the other royal ladies have very similar hairstyles. Its time to shake things off a bit.
Agree. I appreciate that she went for something a little bit extreme. She's too young to adopt the eternal hairdo all Queens seem to adopt.

But I still think she looks better with longer hair (well, as my mother says, the best thing about haircuts is that it grows again). Plus, she's not likely to wear a tiara soon, unless there is a State Visit on May or June, so after debuting her pearl tiara in Denmark this was the perfect timing if she wanted to go with it.

Last edited:

Time to close this thread. Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom