Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 4: July 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though its a black pantsuit the jewels add that extra sparkle to the look and combined with a lovely hairstyle,Letizia pulled it off well.

If it wasn't a pantsuit, if it looked exactly the same but ended in a skirt, would anyone comment :ermm:

This is why I love continental royals. The British royals live like my grandma. If you are not wearing a skirt, you are not lady like, you are not dressed up. Continental royals understand that a woman can look every inch as chic, elegant and appropriate for an evening event, in trousers, as in a skirt. I love we see women like Mathilde, Letizia, Stephanie and others in pants at evening events from time to time and still look every bit as elegant as others.

This is beautiful. Black elegant for the evening. The gorgeous detail at top :flowers:

And the beautiful diamonds and updo just take it up another step. ?

Letitia looked great but that is a jumpsuit not a pantsuit.

I really liked it. Black was formal but her elegant ponytail and jewellery gave some glamour. Simple and elegant look.

Love her earrings, ponytail, and make-up, but not crazy about the jumpsuit.

The casual pantsuit + grand gala jewels :ermm:

Grand gala jewels? Just a pair of earhangers.

No diadem, no aigrette, no necklace, no stomacher, no brooches, no bracelets, or other eyepopping gala jewels to see.

As jump suits go I don’t hate this one, mainly because the black helps hide the fact it’s a jump suit I guess.

I wouldn’t describe this look as elegant or especially flattering. I do very much like her hair styled like this, though.

I like the Manilla shawl skirt, very beautiful design. But in the video it looked a bit difficult to walk in.

The black top is a big NO NO for me.

totally agree - the Caprile skirt is so exquisite, beautiful, I recall that the top is by Varela. I found it a mismatch back then and I don't think it looked nice this time. Too much skin for a conservative state dinner for my taste.

A pantsuit at the event with the president, Letizia has so many more appropriate outfits at her closet. And I think these gorgeous jewels are a little too important to be worn with a pantsuit.

agree 100%!! As much as I like the fact that Letizia found the key to the jewel box again, the passing jewels should be special and not be worn with every other outfit.
This outfit is a repeat, far too much skin/disco look for my taste. The top looks like night wear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Letizia at the 'Francisco Cerecedo' Journalism Award in Madrid this evening, November 22, wearing a short white dress. Although she can wear it it looks more suited for a summer day at the beach or a private summer night out in town.

** Full view ** Upper part ** With a black cape **

Oh !! My!!! :bang::

Last edited:
Don't call her dull! Wowsers. That's a bit of a costume. Thoroughly Modern Millie vintage.

This qualifies as 'too short' right? By royal standards, not normal people

Anyway, the design itself suits young girls aged under 20 in a casual setting imo, like a party or a nightclub. I wouldn't want to see it on any other royal ladies, other than Alexandra of Hanover maybe...

Last edited:
OMG, that is not how a queen of any country dresses, period. She looks awful and t*ashy. What the heck was she thinking, who is she trying to impress with that dress.....way to short and skimpy and to much like a Hollywood starlet just starting out ........:bang:

Seriously what a disgrace,Letizia simply hasn't a clue :whistling:

Felipe bring your mother in future!

One of her worst ever looks ,if it were a show girls theme I'd be sympathetic.

Last edited:
Really really bad - the dress needed about 2/3 more tiers to it. But frankly it would still not be that nice. Thats a massive miss from Letizia who has been on point recently

It's a nice dress but too short. Especially for her position.

Queen Letizia at the 'Francisco Cerecedo' Journalism Award in Madrid this evening, November 22, wearing a short white dress. Although she can wear it it looks more suited for a summer day at the beach or a private summer night out in town.

** Full view ** Upper part ** With a black cape **

Oh, that is so wrong on so many levels. Looks like she raided some teenagers closest. A woman Letizia's age should not be wearing that type of dress, especially a high-profile person during an official event.

I usually love her style but this is awful. Too short, and just bad :sad:

Not suitable, neither for a queen, nor for a 45 years old woman. Suitable for a young teen in a beach party, or a cabaret working woman or a Carnaval costume. A total miss.

I think the dress fits into nightwear category much more than an evening dress. Its not what a queen should be wearing!

I guess she wanted to look hot, like a hollywood starlet. Totally inappropriate since the event is quite serious and not fun. And she's 45, not 25. For her position she looks ridiculous.

With an extra layer to knee length it still would have looked ridiculous but maybe not as inappropriate.

Last edited:
:previous: Well she definitely missed on the 'Hollywood Starlet' but landed square on the 'Mutton dressed as Lamb'. Did she raid her eldest daughter's wardrobe? Now she would have looked cute in it.

However, cute is definitely not a description one would expect to apply to a Queen under any circumstances. I do not have any idea what she was thinking but she certainly was not thinking of her position as Queen of Spain when she dressed as a parody.

I like the dress and think it would be great for the Duchess of Brabant to wear for her sweet sixteen party. For a 45-year-old queen attending an official engagement it’s a big NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom