Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 4: July 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing for everyone involved in the event, Letizia especially, whether she has the sense to realize it or not.

You have to wonder what Felipe thinks. Does he get how inappropriate she looks or does he somehow think it’s ok that it’s very possible guests who were seated at the surrounding tables now know what kind of underwear his wife prefers?

OMG, that is not how a queen of any country dresses, period. She looks awful and t*ashy. What the heck was she thinking, who is she trying to impress with that dress.....way to short and skimpy and to much like a Hollywood starlet just starting out ........:bang:

This is exactly what I was thinking, except I was leaning more towards cheap Hollywood trophy wife.

Totally unacceptable for a Queen (yes Letizia you are The QUEEN of spain) and no a good look for a 46 year old woman

I like the dress although I think it needs one more layer.

I think she actually looks good in the dress.

Is it suitable for an official royal event - no

Is it suitable for a night out on the town with Felipe - oh yes!

rather shocking dress for the queen of spain :bang: i am not really sure what she was thinking...

apparently this dress was in her wardrobe for a long time (it was produced a long time ago), so she clearly had reservations for using it. maybe those reservations were actually well founded and she should have gone with her first instinct. ?

rather shocking dress for the queen of spain :bang: i am not really sure what she was thinking...

apparently this dress was in her wardrobe for a long time (it was produced a long time ago), so she clearly had reservations for using it. maybe those reservations were actually well founded and she should have gone with her first instinct. ?

It's also possible that her stylist recently found the dress from a vintage store (I'm not sure what it's usually called). Letizia has worn other mini-length dresses before so I don't think that would be a reason for her to avoid the dress she bought herself for over 10 years.

I wonder but what makes a grown woman, let alone the Queen of Spain, wearing a baby doll dress at a serious journalism award that would look good for a night out with a sugar daddy or a motto fun party, with super fake eyelashes and body glitter. I can't help thinking that somebody is really insecure about getting old, that will be interesting to watch with two beautiful daughters at home who will be rocking Spain in a few years.

I am in total agreement here with you about Queen Letizia and I have often wondered about a few royal ladies and the fact that they seem so insecure to me for they have changed over time in a huge way and dressing is the first thing a person sees about them when viewing them in real life or in the media or anywhere. Clothes do make a first impression all the time!?

F

I am in total agreement here with you about Queen Letizia and I have often wondered about a few royal ladies and the fact that they seem so insecure to me for they have changed over time in a huge way and dressing is the first thing a person sees about them when viewing them in real life or in the media or anywhere. Clothes do make a first impression all the time!?

Whilst I completely agree that with to!e, we all evolve and mature, I would not read too much into this "incident". This was a fashion faux Pas, and little else, IMO! We have all made sartorial misjudgement s, and L is no different. That she gets it right more than not is good enough for me.

I really don’t like this dress. It does look a bit young. Too many ruffles.

To be honest, I thought she looked great but on the other hand, it was inappropriate for The Queen of Spain.

Queen Letizia looks wonderful,dress makes her look so slender and another knockout hairstyle.

she do look pretty tonight her hair and make up is amazing the dress too my issue is the big detail on the shoulder i don't like it

Queen Letizia she is perfect tonight!!

Very glamorous. I'm glad to see her wearing Delpozo, their stuff is very good.

The rose detail is very distracting, but as she keeps the rest simple, I think it's working very nicely.

This Delpozo dress looks more like something Maxima or Mathilde would wear (especially that huge twirl thing on the shoulder), but I'm happy for Letizia to go out her comfort zone (and I don't mean the party dress style).

Everything about this is perfect! Letizia always looks lovely in deeper jewel tones. I love her in this color especially.

While it is more something expect from Max, it suits Letizia beautifully. A glamorous and different look for her.

Usually the huge rose may turn me off, but the neutral color, and the understated styling, the rose is a beautiful touch :flowers:

Her styling is on point as usual ?

Ohhh I really like Letizia in this dress.

Letizia looks gorgeous. Great dress, hair and makeup.
Those folds/pleats around the waist would make most women look bulky and wide but someone of Letizia's build carries it off perfectly, so this style suits her slender frame superbly.

Yes its a Maxima dress, I think because the rest is simple and the colour is not bold it works, def points for trying something new! Not liking the hairstyle, the middle parting looks messy.

Letizia looks amazing! The dress is definitely a Maxima dress but Letizia pulled it off very well

This year she is killing it fashionwise, totally in love with her wardrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom