The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the gown in general, but the slashes under the arms are distracting. I could have done without those. All in all she looks good.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure what to make of this gown - I like the idea of it and think that the pearls work well on the blue background and obviously match the tiara but something isn't quite right about it.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

The colour of the dress is beautiful but that’s the only thing I like. The slit, the cut outs and the pearls add up to a very inelegant looking dress.

I think the tiara is pretty but kind of overpowering. It would look best paired with a very plain dress - something made of beautiful material and form fitting but not super tight.

There’s just too much going on here.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks swallowed alive in that dress. Swaddled might even be a better description.

It's odd , because she slays it in a good true ballgown, even as tiny as she is. But maybe the lack of fit is the issue here. And I think it is a pretty dress, just not as she is wearing it.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:48 PM
Majesty

A rare evening gown MISS for Queen Letizia....I don't like it at all.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The color of the dress is lovely on her, but the style not so much. Her hair, makeup and tiara are fabulous. She looks stunning with the exception of the gown.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:57 PM
Majesty

I love the color but I think the 'dots' just overwhelm the dress and her petite frame/size.

The tiara is a stunner...but it looks crooked, perhaps an optical illusion.

LaRae
Old 04-16-2018, 09:03 PM
Courtier

The cut-outs on the gown are definitely strange and distracting, but I kind of like the look of the sewn-on pearls, and the color looks good on her. IMO the combination of the dress and tiara totally overwhelm Letizia.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Majesty

Love the tiara and her hair is stunning

But the dress is awful. I don't mind the cutouts at all. It is what I thought was spots and now see are pearls all over it, that are hideous

She usually rocks the gala looks. So disappointed in this miss.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Majesty

I also thought it was polka dots at first.

While I absolutely love the idea the idea of pearls sewn into an evening gown it somehow just didn't work here.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 PM
Nobility

I thought they were polka dots at first glance too... Anyway, the gown is HORRID and all the pearls make me really uncomfortable. (Not to mention how it must feel to be sitting on so many pearls...)

All those ill-placed slits didn't help either. The only saving grace was the jewellery.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
I thought they were polka dots at first glance too... Anyway, the gown is HORRID and all the pearls make me really uncomfortable. (Not to mention how it must feel to be sitting on so many pearls...)

All those ill-placed slits didn't help either. The only saving grace was the jewellery.
I thought they were polka dots too. Strangely, finding they were actually pearls was even worse because I thought she really wasn't going to enjoy sitting on them all evening.

At first glance, I thought she'd pinched Queen Sofia's nightgown because to me that's what it looked like and the weird and unattractive slits around the neckline, especially the one at her armpit were just plain ugly. Then when she walked we saw the slit up the leg that no Queen of any Country should be sporting at an official State Dinner or any other official events.

Not only was this a miss, it managed to be vulgar too.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:27 AM
Courtier

I forgive that dress because of the Cartier pearl tiara (actually it's not that bad to me but I don't think it is suitable for white tie event).
Old 04-17-2018, 01:32 AM
Aristocracy

It was a bit like the tiara was designed to say something but the dress let her down imho. I quite liked it until I saw what was happening at the sleeves. She can pull off the tiara and it's great to see her wearing it.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I think the gown photographs exceptionally well (from a distance). With that tiara, those earrings and makeup she looks spectacular, and the pearls on the dress are inspired imo. Great overall pattern created.

BUT I agree with others regarding the slits. Very odd and distracting (not in the best of ways). At least the camera doesn't seem to 'love' those slits (from the photographs being chosen to show us the gown up close). In fairness, the dress may look fine in person, even up close. After all she has a proven good eye for a gown but she may not have anticipated what the camera would 'see' at the odd angle. JMO.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.semana.es/elarmariodelet...-palacio-real/

some close ups here and a celebrity wearing the same dress....

disappointing choice, the dress does not live up to the event at all, it's a state dinner!!! very celebrity with the slit high up the leg, the strange placing of the slits at the top, total fail for me on this occasion, the dress looks good on Marta Nieto on the celebrity event.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:41 AM
Courtier

When I saw close-ups of the dress, all those pearls sewed on -- then I wondered how she can sit when all those those pearls are under her bottom or are they some kind of soft pearls? Otherwise this must have been very uncomfortable experience!
I like midnight blue color and those white "dots" combination, its like midnight sky. However, those slashes around the armpits look distracting. Good idea but those pearls felt uneccessary/unpractical addition to this otherwise lovely dress.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hrfIhy4SW...-letizia07.png

https://78.media.tumblr.com/4bab625a...i4wo1_1280.jpg
Old 04-17-2018, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Oh dear, a wardrobe malfunction, in addition to having to sit on the pearls certainly not a pleasant evening.

The dress looks cheap anyway for this occasion and it shows in the poor execution of the details.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:04 AM
Majesty

didn't think about the fact of how uncomfortable it must be to sit with that dress on for many hours at a state dinner! i think this will be a first and last for ana locking as a designer to letizia.

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear, queen letizia fashion, queen letizia gala dresses, queen letizia gowns