Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 3: July 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think people think queen and picture Elizabeth, Margrethe, Silvia, Sonja. People need to move into the mind set we have young queens, queens who are going to dress age appropriate. The older queens dressed different as young women. Elizabeth didn't dress like she does now, at 40. Nor did Sofia. Nor does Letizia need to borrow clothes from her MIL was that age.

Royals are very much celebrities. They are very much figure heads. they aren't fairy tale princesses in puffy dresses. Nor are they old school marms. If she dressed in pearls and like her MIL, exactly what she'd Look like.

Not a fan of jumpsuits but this works. Simple color send style. Reason jumpsuits often flop as top much pattern or bright over whelm.

Great seeing her sporting some new accessories. Her hair is fantastic.

Hate the shoes.
This is exactly my opinion and actually the reason I restrain from commenting on Letizia's fashion threads most of times now. If every piece she wears that looks 2017 is going to be a melt down I don't think I'm on the same vibe that everybody here, so why should I bother.

I love her look. Letizia is a modern queen. I am thinking or Princess Grace, she dressed for her times, chic and stylish.

I honestly think people think queen and picture Elizabeth, Margrethe, Silvia, Sonja. People need to move into the mind set we have young queens, queens who are going to dress age appropriate. The older queens dressed different as young women. Elizabeth didn't dress like she does now, at 40. Nor did Sofia. Nor does Letizia need to borrow clothes from her MIL was that age.

Royals are very much celebrities. They are very much figure heads. they aren't fairy tale princesses in puffy dresses. Nor are they old school marms. If she dressed in pearls and like her MIL, exactly what she'd Look like.

I don't expect Letizia to dress like her mother-in-law, or like queen Silvia for example. I expect Letizia to dress in clothes which are age appropriate for her. But what is most important, I expect her to dress in clothes which are appropriate for the Queen of Spain, who is a role model to many. And in clothes with which she shows respect to the hosts of the events she is attending, instead of dressing very often into clothes which scream "Look at me!" She is the queen, and the most important guest, often with her husband, in most events, she doesn't need to dress like a starlet to get people to notice her. And when she and Felipe host an event, I expect Letizia to dress honouring their guests.

Last edited:
I guess it all boils down to personal opinions to some she's dressing as a modern queen and others disagree and think she's a holy show at times :ROFLMAO:

This is exactly my opinion and actually the reason I restrain from commenting on Letizia's fashion threads most of times now. If every piece she wears that looks 2017 is going to be a melt down I don't think I'm on the same vibe that everybody here, so why should I bother.

There are some of us who think like you.

I guess it all boils down to personal opinions to some she's dressing as a modern queen and others disagree and think she's a holy show at times :ROFLMAO:

Yes, you are correct. I also think the same of others. Some of Maxima's outfits hurt my teeth to look at and just forget Metti-Marit. I give everyone an "A" for trying new and experimenting, but like us all, no one looks commentary or brilliant 24/7. Even some upscale couture lines tend to have me shaking my head. I just enjoy reading all the varied comments, but not the nastiness regarding figures or shapes. That is extremely mean and unworthy

I don't expect Letizia to dress like her mother-in-law, or like queen Silvia for example. I expect Letizia to dress in clothes which are age appropriate for her. But what is most important, I expect her to dress in clothes which are appropriate for the Queen of Spain, who is a role model to many. And in clothes with which she shows respect to the hosts of the events she is attending, instead of dressing very often into clothes which scream "Look at me!" She is the queen, and the most important guest, often with her husband, in most events, she doesn't need to dress like a starlet to get people to notice her. And when she and Felipe host an event, I expect Letizia to dress honouring their guests.

What exactly is appropriate in your mind?

I see no one suggesting what a proper forty year old queen should dress like. Only a number of posters suggesting she need to take a page for her mother in law. How is one suppose yo interpret that then she should dress like a senior?

She is the queen, she is going to stand out. Do you want her in camouflage? Dress like a server? I seriously would love one single age appropriate suggestion instead of simply saying you think she doesn't dress like a queen.

I read posts before looking. I keep expecting a starlet. Like red carpet Oscars or Met gala. Outrageous over the top outfit screaming look at me. And cleavage to high heaven, may be a slit showing her underwear. Because honestly you'd think she was wearing a Jessica rabbit dress with her boobs out, her garter showing, and a huge feather headdress for attention. Not a white jumpsuit.

So please can one person explain give an example of what an age appropriate queen would wear.

Btw do you have issues with Elizabeth and Margrethe and others who wear fluorescent colors at times, so you can't miss them? Is that not insulting to their hosts, or is it just Letizia?

I could not have said it better Lady Finn, she is a Queen, not some young Hollywood starlet trying to make it into whatever. There is a time and place for some of the clothes that she wears, that would be in her *private* life, not at an royal event where she is the Representative of her country. As the ole saying goes........Less is more. There is no need to show off and think your cool, she is the role model for millions of women in Spain and there are endless choices in modern clothes that are chic and classy.

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom