Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 3: July 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say this appearance by Letizia rivals the "lady in red" at Fred and Mary's pre-wedding dinner - rockin' the red again! [emoji2]
Red is definitely her colour - she always looks amazing. Personally, I preferred the style of the Danish wedding outfit but she still looks amazing.

I thought she looked amazing. Great choice of dress, colour and jewels.

Last edited:

Off-topic posts and comments about King Felipe and Queen Máxima have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

Sorry but just no for me. The dress looks cheap as if it's made from polyester or something, the hem looks like it shrunk in the wash, the hair is clever but I don't like it and her foundation looks patchy.

Normally, I like Letizia's style but this just doesn't work for me.

I don't like the dress & shoes. But Letizia wears it well. The hair looks ok.

The dress is fine but it is not for the Queen. The shoes and the hairstyle beautiful!

I should dislike it because the fabric is eeeww and the fit of the top part is too tight, but I can't. I just love that lenght and the shape of the skirt. The colour is great too. Not a fantastic look, but a good one for me.

I would have loved this dress if it was a little shorter. The rest is great.

Well, this answers the question "How do you do Queenly beading that's not been done over and over?" I like the styling - that hairstyle is so summer!

Not one of her best looks,a throw a way hopefully and never be seen again.

I love the dress, but the buttons at the shoulder and the ribbing at the bottom of the sleeves & the neck make it seem too casual when contrasted with the beading. Love her shoes and bag. Hair is a cute style, but again, too casual.

I think the colour is flattering on her and I like the shape of the bottom of the dress but the rest of it doesn't look good.

There's too much going on overall, I think, with the dress and the shoes and the hairstyle.

Yes a little too casual and the body hugging make her look even thinner. Like the hairdo and shoes.

Mixed feelings.

Hair and shoes are wonderful. And I love the color. :flowers:

From a distance I like it. I love the bottom of the dress, and overall style. :)

But up close the beading looks like a teen took a bedazzler. And while I like the style of top, even the buttons, it is too tight.

The shape of the bottom of the dress is great but the material of the dress looks cheap. If the dress would be of different kind of fabric, it could look amazing. The applications make the dress even more odd. The colour is good. The shoes ruin the rest of the look. She should have had simple pumps, now there is too much of everything: the shape of the dress, the applications, her hairdo and the shoes. And Letizia's ponytail is horrible for her, a star at a space movie or even Leonor could look good with that.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00006ZtI9ENrKEE/FR-DI1233-0040.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00006ZtI9ENrKEE/FR-DI1233-0024.jpg

Last edited:
It was really great to see Letizia with bubble ponytail, very surprising hairstyle. That is why I like to follow Letizia - she has the most versatile hairstyles and she often comes out with something different, interesting and unexpected. I also liked her strappy heels. But that grey dress...like LadyFinn said the material of the dress looks cheap. We see jumpers and pullovers made of this material, not evening dresses. Sorry but even the beading isn't saving this Nina Ricci dress :ermm:

The shape of the bottom of the dress is great but the material of the dress looks cheap. If the dress would be of different kind of fabric, it could look amazing. The applications make the dress even more odd. The colour is good. The shoes ruin the rest of the look. She should have had simple pumps, now there is too much of everything: the shape of the dress, the applications, her hairdo and the shoes. And Letizia's ponytail is horrible for her, a star at a space movie or even Leonor could look good with that.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00006ZtI9ENrKEE/FR-DI1233-0040.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00006ZtI9ENrKEE/FR-DI1233-0024.jpg

it is star wars hairstyle indeed :D
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1HHM2LBzr68/maxresdefault.jpg

the feet/shoes look terrible, the price you pay for high heels all the time me thinks.
Una Letizia espacial nos deja atónitos en el aniversario de Europa Press

I love the dress! the color is great, the style is flattering but maybe a bit oo tight around th bust but I guess thats the style. I dislike the pumps, its too bulky for the look.

I'm not a fan of jumpsuits and this one hasn't changed my mind,the colour is however nice and Letizia's hair looks great too.

I noticed that Letizia is also wearing 2 diamond bracelets and a great pair of earrings.

This outfit would be great on a Hollywood starlet, not the Queen of Spain. I wonder at times about her choices in clothing at royal events and this is one of them. Jumpsuits, sleeveless no less........is not a great choice for any royal event for a Queen. There in nothing about this that shows she is a royal queen at all. A huge miss!

Usually i like to see Leti in a dress or skirt suit, but i have to say i LOOVE the white jumpsuit-Look, for me its perfection, the shoes, earrings, hairstyle, joyas de pasar bracelets. I just love it.. I dont see any reason, why a Queen should not wear a jumpsuit..

This outfit would be great on a Hollywood starlet, not the Queen of Spain. I wonder at times about her choices in clothing at royal events and this is one of them. Jumpsuits, sleeveless no less........is not a great choice for any royal event for a Queen. There in nothing about this that shows she is a royal queen at all. A huge miss!

Exactly! Although I am not a fan of jumpsuits this one is not bad. However, not appropriate for a queen at an official event.

I agree with this quite often. And this white jumpsuit does no favors for Letizia. She looks thin and the suit looks ill fitted and the bracelets are totally wrong choice with this outfit. And again she has horrible shoes.

I love white and silver together, which is what I do like about this outfit. The jumpsuit seems wrong for the event, though.

I honestly think people think queen and picture Elizabeth, Margrethe, Silvia, Sonja. People need to move into the mind set we have young queens, queens who are going to dress age appropriate. The older queens dressed different as young women. Elizabeth didn't dress like she does now, at 40. Nor did Sofia. Nor does Letizia need to borrow clothes from her MIL was that age.

Royals are very much celebrities. They are very much figure heads. they aren't fairy tale princesses in puffy dresses. Nor are they old school marms. If she dressed in pearls and like her MIL, exactly what she'd Look like.

Not a fan of jumpsuits but this works. Simple color send style. Reason jumpsuits often flop as top much pattern or bright over whelm.

Great seeing her sporting some new accessories. Her hair is fantastic.

Hate the shoes.

A miss for me too, the jumpsuit doesn't look very nice and then you have cheap looking belt and shoes mixed up with queen enas bracelets, she'd probably spin in her grave seeing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom