Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 3: July 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be contrary, but I like it. Especially the lipstick. :flowers: I have a suspicion the whole fits together far better in person than for the camera, with the added vagaries of lighting. JMO.

Not to be contrary, but I like it. Especially the lipstick. :flowers: I have a suspicion the whole fits together far better in person than for the camera, with the added vagaries of lighting. JMO.

I like the outfit and the complementary colors.

I may not love this, but it is fine, just fine. She's well covered, stylish, not out of proportion and well groomed. Sorry some of you are appalled at the lip color, but I am just not feeling the horror. And there are no large bugs present. ;)

I may not love this, but it is fine, just fine. She's well covered, stylish, not out of proportion and well groomed. Sorry some of you are appalled at the lip color, but I am just not feeling the horror. And there are no large bugs present. ;)

YES! Nail on the head! ;) :flowers:

Last edited:
Its a fab dress but I agree, Japan is one of the most prudish courts so showing off some wonderbra neckline is not the smartest choice.

Good dress for a fancy evening out in Málaga. No dress for a State Banquet in the Imperial Palace in Tokyo where half of the ladies wore traditional dress and the other half in conservative mode. Not the first time Letizia seems to miss a fine-tuned antenna. The whole outlook would have been totally different by wearing elbow long opera gloves, then she would have been far more dressed-up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks, I was suspecting the whole cleavage thing wasn't as shameful as some made it look, but oh well. You can always count on Letizia getting remarks that Silvia never would. And Diana's dress is FAB :heart:, I must add.

Agree that this is one of her best gala dresses so I'm happy to see it recycled, as much as I would have liked something new (*cough* and pearls *cough*) but she looks incredibly beautiful AND regal (fancy evening out in Malaga, for real? :wacko:). The dress looks amazing in motion.

I love it! She looks gorgeous, and every inch a queen!

Beautiful Queen Letizia and so handsome our King Felipe VI. I don't remember who mentioned "fancy evening out in Málaga", absurd comment.

Good dress for a fancy evening out in Málaga. No dress for a State Banquet in the Imperial Palace in Tokyo where half of the ladies wore traditional dress and the other half in conservative mode. Not the first time Letizia seems to miss a fine-tuned antenna. The whole outlook would have been totally different by wearing elbow long opera gloves, then she would have been far more dressed-up.

i am jumping on this bandwagon too. nothing wrong with the dress if used for a dinner maybe in spain when welcoming statesmen, just as she wore it for the state visit of peru. at least there she is the welcoming host. but in japan, a mostly conservative country? in its imperial court? and during a state visit? mmm... sorry, but no. nothing prudish about it, as some may suggest. is it terrible? well, no, we can surely live with. but it is (or should be) common sense for someone who, like letizia, has seen a bit of world and whose job is to be aware of cultural differences.

here's what maxima and mathilde wore on their recent state visits to japan during the state banquet: better choices, IMO.
maxima
mathilde

shame because letizia has some good gala gowns which would have been good choices for japan. if she wanted to have some cleavage, some of the dresses below would have been good choices as they 'disguise' better, making cleavage less apparent in a conservative country.

this black carolina herrera
this grey dress

So confused. I read the comments before I saw the photos. I was expecting some sexy low cut dress. She definitely has some. Cleavage, bare back. Something at all. :ermm:

I go look at the photo and am shocked to find a beautiful princess like gown, not even strapless and no cleavage in sight.

I get they are in Japan, but she certainly isn't showing off her boobs and nudity like some claims. Looking at the photos of Silvia with major cleavage, and Diana with a bare back, I'd certainly say she was breaking no ground here.

Now if they were in the Middle East I'd expect far more coverage.

The dress is lovely and her hair looks fantastic. :flowers:

Had hoped for a different tiara but this one is fitting for the trip.

Last edited:
She looked fabulous, thanks for,the pix of Silvia and Diana showing some skin

This is one of Letizia's most beautiful gowns, good to see her recycling it. She looked absolutely beautiful and regal in it. As so often, her hairdo was great and her jewellery complemented the look very well. There is not too much cleavage and she isn't disrespectfully dressed. It's 2017 now and while comparing to those photos of queen Silvia in Japan in 2007, there is nothing to complain about Letizia's gown.

The dress is not low cut, but in some pictures there is some 'push up' cleavage to see, as other posters already pointed out, nothing wrong with that but still a questionable choice to wear such an outfit in Japan, of all countries.

This picture says all. Look at every lady. Do it one by one: the ladies at the main table, the ladies at the second table, the lady standing behind the main table. Find the person making the impression of wearing a negligé:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8pbreJXYAA1ozx.jpg

Last edited:
This picture says all. Look at every lady. Do it one by one: the ladies at the main table, the ladies at the second table, the lady standing behind the main table. Find the person making the impression of wearing a negligé:

I think she was adequately dressed, nothing too revealing about her dress. This was Japan, not Saudi Arabia.

Letizia's dark blue evening gown looks very lovely and she looks very beautiful. Although I think that the dress's neckline requires a necklace. If she had added a lovely necklace, then it would have given perfect final touch to her outfit (now her neckline looks just bare). And I had forgotten how bony Letizia's arm actually look, somehow this dress accuante it the best that she has a body of teenage girl, not of a 44-year-old woman ;) Okay, okay, here's envy talking :whistling:
I like her brooch, earrings and updo.

Letizia's dark blue evening gown looks very lovely and she looks very beautiful. Although I think that the dress's neckline requires a necklace. If she had added a lovely necklace, then it would have given perfect final touch to her outfit (now her neckline looks just bare).

There is a matching necklace but Letizia chose not to wear it
2e194eq.jpg Photo by andreamonti_album | Photobucket

:previous: That black dress is exquisite, IMO. Weird waist bit and all.

the waist is strange, is this a black dress with a japan-themed shirt underneath or is this one piece?

Minus the silk waist and sleeves the black velvet dress is stunning,her hair looks so much better up in that style.

The Japanese royal ladies are literally stuck in a conservative dress code because of the rules of the Imperial agency.
Letizia is a modern queen of the 21th century, she dresses perferctly for her age and her position.

As for the "negligé" comment, it's bordeline insulting.

Nico , The Queen of Spain should have worn an evening dress as Queen Mathilde in Denmark and not showing her whole arms which are not the best of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom