Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 3: July 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The black and white dress is truly awful.

Well, when Letizia face plants she does a damned good job . . . sequins no less! As a poster on a another forum said of the First Lady and Queen Letizia, "Negligee and Nightclub".

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LKyIGssO...78KC8e-JKWrmMgJACLcB/s595/Queen-Letizia-4.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UG7TDtvJ...rdM3EcIe2lawfrVwCLcB/s595/Queen-Letizia-6.jpg

From the sublime to the ridiculous!

This is king of odd, usually at these events the ladies appear to match somewhat in the style or color. This time it looks like neither of them got the email :lol:

I can't believe how high those heels look. Maybe it's just the angle but wowza how does one stay upright?

I really like the dress and especially the upper part with the neckline from the front and the back - naughty but something special... not everybody can wear it - but I think, she can.

BYe Bine

The black and white dress was disappointing IMO. The stripes aren't pretty, too many straps and it seemed outdated.

I thought the Queen looked great- cute dress, sassy.

Nice dress. Wrong event.

Nice for Liza Minelli in Cabaret. Not so for a Queen of Spain during a State Visit. Too often the most important lady of the grand country of Spain is easily outshadowed. During last military parade a flamboyant and glamorous Minister of Defence outshone her.

Letizia seems not to have a natural understanding for the "theatre of state". Putting on a dirty and damaged diadem with the frame-wrapping matching the hair color of the former Queen shows a lack of understanding and detail. She showed it again with this amusement show dress.

Last edited:
I like the dress but don't think it was appropriate for this event.

Nice dress. Wrong event.

Nice for Liza Minelli in Cabaret. Not so for a Queen of Spain during a State Visit. Too often the most important lady of the grand country of Spain is easily outshadowed. During last military parade a flamboyant and glamorous Minister of Defence outshone her.

Letizia seems not to have a natural understanding for the "theatre of state". Putting on a dirty and damaged diadem with the frame-wrapping matching the hair color of the former Queen shows a lack of understanding and detail. She showed it again with this amusement show dress.

Agree with you, she has not the feeling of "keep the function image", not the difference between a limelight star and a royal lady. Generally these thinks come with education since childhood, and by making the appropriate marriages among same class, issue did not appear. Now, royals marry out of their class, but some of these ladies have the innate capacity to feel how to fit into their role, like CP Mary or the Duchess of Cambridge, etc, some ladies dot no have this capacity like CP Mette Marit or Queen Letizia.

Could you post a picture @Duc_et_Pair of "on a dirty and damaged diadem with the frame-wrapping matching the hair color of the former Queen shows a lack of understanding and detail"?

Agree with you, she has not the feeling of "keep the function image", not the difference between a limelight star and a royal lady. Generally these thinks come with education since childhood, and by making the appropriate marriages among same class, issue did not appear. Now, royals marry out of their class, but some of these ladies have the innate capacity to feel how to fit into their role, like CP Mary or the Duchess of Cambridge, etc, some ladies dot no have this capacity like CP Mette Marit or Queen Letizia.

Could you post a picture @Duc_et_Pair of "on a dirty and damaged diadem with the frame-wrapping matching the hair color of the former Queen shows a lack of understanding and detail"?

Ansonera, which is the diadem's maker, said that the tiara was not damaged or broken. It was just the odd configuration of the frame that gave that impression.

this belongs to the jewellery thread, where the topic is already being discussed. it is very visible that the diadem has not been put together very well and that the frame cover is very visible too, a lighter colour than Letizia's hair.
http://www.ecestaticos.com/image/cl...-aprecia-con-detalle-el-roto-de-la-corona.jpg

It all looks unprepared. The old wrapping, the dirty diadem (the monture is tarnished and needs professional cleaning), the wobbly looking placement. This reveals a lacking eye for detail. And that for the first appearance of such an important heirloom.

Absolutely right @Duc_et_Pair. It shows that her services work insufficiently and herself does not really care about. A quick glance at mirror and she should see all these. In top of that, tiara is not well placed, it goes right... Like the tower of Pisa.

Love her earrings and hair. Like the overall top but not the black pockets.

I don't find her under dressed. Looking at pictures, looked like when I go to the ballet. When you get everyone from tuxedos and long dresses, to jeans. and sundresses. And everyone in between. Letizia falls in a nice balanced middle.

Last edited:
I love the look. The top is lovely.

All black for the Queen!! I like all the look!

Bit too casual looking for the event ,the outfit is ok but not for this particular occasion.

From the 2 photos I've seen I'm not keen and it looks like something Princess Laurentien would wear!

Color is beautiful. I like the top under, or at least neck of it. The earrings are great. :flowers:

But the coat is shapeless, looks almost like a shirt dress. Maternity wear. :ermm: and I don't like the sleeves, and the odd trim to them.

Totally lost me at the first layer of ruffles at the three-quarter length sleeves mark and oh her lovely deep rose lipstick clashes mightily with the tangerine nightmare. :ohmy:

http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/1211.jpg

Tangerine :ermm: looks red to me not orange. But I agree, clash with lipstick.

I love the individual pieces, but all together it is too much. Her lip color clashes with the coat, which, paired with the sleek blouse and trousers, reminds me of an artist's smock.

Maybe Maxima could make this outfit work. On Letizia it looks almost clownish.

Unfortunately the coat wears Letizia. The sleeves are too wide/loose for her frame.
The neck tie on her blouse should've called for hair pulled back or up.
The idea behind the look was nice.

Unfortunately the coat wears Letizia. The sleeves are too wide/loose for her frame.
The neck tie on her blouse should've called for hair pulled back or up.
The idea behind the look was nice.

Perfect way to describe this look, dazzling. The outfit is wearing her and not the other way around. Too much going on here. Separately the pieces are nice, but put them together and it's a big miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom