Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 3: July 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the dress, color is lovely, even if top reminds me a bit of skating :flowers:

Her hair is gorgeous and I love the earrings :flowers:

Love this dress-the color, the fit, embellishments. The length suits her. Her shoes match perfectly.

Her hair is styled beautifully. It's nice to see something different.

The earrings are perfect.

A really lovely dress/hairdo and earrings on Letizia and she is styled perfectly tonight.

This is a beautiful dress, and she looks fantastic in it!

A beautiful dress for her. The sheer parts cover up just enough, the silver beading adds volume for her as does the multi layered chiffon skirt. It fits like a dream , the earrings make the whole thing perfect.

Ive been wanting to see this Green dress repeated. She looks fantastic tonight - love her hair. Brilliant to see the emerald and diamond earrings as well. Just the right amount of jewellery to compliment the detailing on the dress

King Felipe VI of Spain and Queen Letizia of Spain attend a dinner in honour of 'Mariano de Cavia', 'Mingote' and 'Luca de Tena' awards winners at ABC on December 13, 2016 in Madrid, Spain.

Spanish Royals Attends Official Dinner With 'Mariano De Cavia', Luca De Tena' And 'Mingote' Award's Winners - Pictures

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Attends+Official+Dinner+Mariano+GHITF7zGSWPx.jpg

The dress is from Nina Ricci. I love the outfit, though I expect her to sing 'Ziggy Stardust'.

The look was funny. Queen Letizia again tried hard to look avant-garde.

She looks gorgeous. As I said I before. I love our queen, so I am biased.

Last edited:
Another awful outfit. Nowadays I'm mostly disappointed when I see Letizia's outfits. And Letizia's eye make up doesn't suit her at all.

I dont care much for the dress, its a different look for her and nice enough for the evening. The make up though is a bit too harsh and the dark eyes don't suit her.

This has got to be one of her worst looks ever.

My first thought was - Heidi Klum! That is totally a Heidi Klum look and if Letizia was a celebrity, I'd think ok, it was worth a copy.

But unfortunately it doesn't work for the the Queen of Spain. Dress is too edgy, make up far too harsh.

The dress is from Nina Ricci. I love the outfit, though I expect her to sing 'Ziggy Stardust'.

The original dress is longer
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzlWm9yXUAAoCAq.jpg

It has cutouts around the neck and the elbows (!)that are still there.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G0000BsgRUspAf_M/FR-DI1168-0088.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well she likes to be edgy and try new things,most of the time it doesn't work and last night was another example.

I give her points for taking the risk, and I actually think the hair styling is interesting with the dress.
I like the edginess of the whole look. But I prefer when her edginess is less "intimidating."

I actually love the dress, although I would have prefered the longer version of it. I think the only thing I didn't care for was her makeup, it was a bit too dark for my tastes. A little more dramatic than her normal makeup would have been fine, but this was a little much. Her hair is okay, I would have loved a really cool low ponytail, that way it would have shown off the back of the dress.

Well, hold your breath everybody because in Spain this last appearance is rocking it, the media is asking for more like this and after so many compliments (Leti is not used to them, frankly) I'm afraid she can decide to give it to them :whistling::whistling::whistling:

La Reina Letizia que queremos ver | EL MUNDO
https://translate.google.com/transl...izia-que-queremos-ver.html&edit-text=&act=url

I actually think she looks goos. I like the dress itself and I like the fact it's not conventional and a little daring without being too revealing, or vulgar, or ridiculous (*cough* leather coulottes *cough*). She looked beautiful (Leti can wear almost anything anyway), but I thought the whole look (dress + hairstyle + heavy make-up) was too edgy for her.

I very much prefer Maxima's way with a very similar Nina Ricci's dress and I would have loved if Letizia had tried a similar hairstyle or a ponytail, and softer make-up:
http://royalfashionblog-theworldofroyals.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/6/9/13692193/553740_orig.jpg

I still do not understand why someone will take the time to bring back pictures of style you do not like. It is or course, your desire and right to do so. But why? taste is personal.

Our Queen looks amazing! She is modern and beautiful, and her dress is the right length a midi dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind edgy. I don't expect the queen of Spain yo dress like a nun or even her mother in law. But this look is bad. Usually her hair, makeup and accessories at least are on point, but there is nothing good about this look :sad:

I still do not understand why someone will take the time to bring back pictures of style you do not like. It is or course, your desire and right to do so. But why? taste is personal.

and i still don't understand why someone comes into a thread and decides to criticize what another poster does / does not do or to demand reasoning for someone's actions, instead of concentrating on the topic that concerns us.

if you read carefully my post, you will see that i am bringing pictures up of other times that letizia did not do well with 'taking a risk'. i am bringing the pictures up because it illustrates clearly my point. and because, after all, we are in the 'queen letizia fashion thread' - discussing what we like, what we dislike, what happened today, or what happened 10 years ago. that is exactly what a forum is for.

King Felipe VI of Spain and Queen Letizia of Spain attend a dinner in honour of 'Mariano de Cavia', 'Mingote' and 'Luca de Tena' awards winners at ABC on December 13, 2016 in Madrid, Spain.

Spanish Royals Attends Official Dinner With 'Mariano De Cavia', Luca De Tena' And 'Mingote' Award's Winners - Pictures

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Attends+Official+Dinner+Mariano+GHITF7zGSWPx.jpg

Laughing because the first thing I thought of when I saw this outfit was Ziggy Stardust!

Did you have to remind us :ROFLMAO:The track suit was especially horrible. There was one event where I could swear she wore hot pants. Does anyone else remember this? This was early on and may have been when she wore Mango non stop.

Completely fabulous! Love the hair and the earrings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom