The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I don't expect Letizia to dress like her mother-in-law, or like queen Silvia for example. I expect Letizia to dress in clothes which are age appropriate for her. But what is most important, I expect her to dress in clothes which are appropriate for the Queen of Spain, who is a role model to many. And in clothes with which she shows respect to the hosts of the events she is attending, instead of dressing very often into clothes which scream "Look at me!" She is the queen, and the most important guest, often with her husband, in most events, she doesn't need to dress like a starlet to get people to notice her. And when she and Felipe host an event, I expect Letizia to dress honouring their guests.
What exactly is appropriate in your mind?

I see no one suggesting what a proper forty year old queen should dress like. Only a number of posters suggesting she need to take a page for her mother in law. How is one suppose yo interpret that then she should dress like a senior?

She is the queen, she is going to stand out. Do you want her in camouflage? Dress like a server? I seriously would love one single age appropriate suggestion instead of simply saying you think she doesn't dress like a queen.

I read posts before looking. I keep expecting a starlet. Like red carpet Oscars or Met gala. Outrageous over the top outfit screaming look at me. And cleavage to high heaven, may be a slit showing her underwear. Because honestly you'd think she was wearing a Jessica rabbit dress with her boobs out, her garter showing, and a huge feather headdress for attention. Not a white jumpsuit.

So please can one person explain give an example of what an age appropriate queen would wear.

Btw do you have issues with Elizabeth and Margrethe and others who wear fluorescent colors at times, so you can't miss them? Is that not insulting to their hosts, or is it just Letizia?

Old 07-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I don't expect Letizia to dress like her mother-in-law, or like queen Silvia for example. I expect Letizia to dress in clothes which are age appropriate for her. But what is most important, I expect her to dress in clothes which are appropriate for the Queen of Spain, who is a role model to many. And in clothes with which she shows respect to the hosts of the events she is attending, instead of dressing very often into clothes which scream "Look at me!" She is the queen, and the most important guest, often with her husband, in most events, she doesn't need to dress like a starlet to get people to notice her. And when she and Felipe host an event, I expect Letizia to dress honouring their guests.
I could not have said it better Lady Finn, she is a Queen, not some young Hollywood starlet trying to make it into whatever. There is a time and place for some of the clothes that she wears, that would be in her *private* life, not at an royal event where she is the Representative of her country. As the ole saying goes........Less is more. There is no need to show off and think your cool, she is the role model for millions of women in Spain and there are endless choices in modern clothes that are chic and classy.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear