The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 04:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The shape of the bottom of the dress is great but the material of the dress looks cheap. If the dress would be of different kind of fabric, it could look amazing. The applications make the dress even more odd. The colour is good. The shoes ruin the rest of the look. She should have had simple pumps, now there is too much of everything: the shape of the dress, the applications, her hairdo and the shoes. And Letizia's ponytail is horrible for her, a star at a space movie or even Leonor could look good with that.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I1233-0040.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I1233-0024.jpg

it is star wars hairstyle indeed
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1HHM2LBzr68/maxresdefault.jpg

the feet/shoes look terrible, the price you pay for high heels all the time me thinks.
Una Letizia espacial nos deja atónitos en el aniversario de Europa Press

Old 05-31-2017, 04:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I love the dress! the color is great, the style is flattering but maybe a bit oo tight around th bust but I guess thats the style. I dislike the pumps, its too bulky for the look.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Queen Letizia in a white jumpsuit at the 'Princesa de Girona' foundation awards in Girona today, June 29:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 06-29-2017, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm not a fan of jumpsuits and this one hasn't changed my mind,the colour is however nice and Letizia's hair looks great too.

I noticed that Letizia is also wearing 2 diamond bracelets and a great pair of earrings.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

I usually dislike jumpsuits, but I can get behind this one.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-29-2017, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I felt the same, Letizia looks great.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Courtier

This outfit would be great on a Hollywood starlet, not the Queen of Spain. I wonder at times about her choices in clothing at royal events and this is one of them. Jumpsuits, sleeveless no less........is not a great choice for any royal event for a Queen. There in nothing about this that shows she is a royal queen at all. A huge miss!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Usually i like to see Leti in a dress or skirt suit, but i have to say i LOOVE the white jumpsuit-Look, for me its perfection, the shoes, earrings, hairstyle, joyas de pasar bracelets. I just love it.. I dont see any reason, why a Queen should not wear a jumpsuit..
Old 06-29-2017, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
This outfit would be great on a Hollywood starlet, not the Queen of Spain. I wonder at times about her choices in clothing at royal events and this is one of them. Jumpsuits, sleeveless no less........is not a great choice for any royal event for a Queen. There in nothing about this that shows she is a royal queen at all. A huge miss!
Exactly! Although I am not a fan of jumpsuits this one is not bad. However, not appropriate for a queen at an official event.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I agree with this quite often. And this white jumpsuit does no favors for Letizia. She looks thin and the suit looks ill fitted and the bracelets are totally wrong choice with this outfit. And again she has horrible shoes.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Nobility

I love white and silver together, which is what I do like about this outfit. The jumpsuit seems wrong for the event, though.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:16 AM
Majesty

I honestly think people think queen and picture Elizabeth, Margrethe, Silvia, Sonja. People need to move into the mind set we have young queens, queens who are going to dress age appropriate. The older queens dressed different as young women. Elizabeth didn't dress like she does now, at 40. Nor did Sofia. Nor does Letizia need to borrow clothes from her MIL was that age.

Royals are very much celebrities. They are very much figure heads. they aren't fairy tale princesses in puffy dresses. Nor are they old school marms. If she dressed in pearls and like her MIL, exactly what she'd Look like.

Not a fan of jumpsuits but this works. Simple color send style. Reason jumpsuits often flop as top much pattern or bright over whelm.

Great seeing her sporting some new accessories. Her hair is fantastic.

Hate the shoes.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

A miss for me too, the jumpsuit doesn't look very nice and then you have cheap looking belt and shoes mixed up with queen enas bracelets, she'd probably spin in her grave seeing this.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Letizia in a white jumpsuit at the 'Princesa de Girona' foundation awards in Girona today, June 29:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
I thought Letizia looked nice but wrong outfit for the event, this would've been a nice look for Mallorca.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I honestly think people think queen and picture Elizabeth, Margrethe, Silvia, Sonja. People need to move into the mind set we have young queens, queens who are going to dress age appropriate. The older queens dressed different as young women. Elizabeth didn't dress like she does now, at 40. Nor did Sofia. Nor does Letizia need to borrow clothes from her MIL was that age.

Royals are very much celebrities. They are very much figure heads. they aren't fairy tale princesses in puffy dresses. Nor are they old school marms. If she dressed in pearls and like her MIL, exactly what she'd Look like.

Not a fan of jumpsuits but this works. Simple color send style. Reason jumpsuits often flop as top much pattern or bright over whelm.

Great seeing her sporting some new accessories. Her hair is fantastic.

Hate the shoes.
This is exactly my opinion and actually the reason I restrain from commenting on Letizia's fashion threads most of times now. If every piece she wears that looks 2017 is going to be a melt down I don't think I'm on the same vibe that everybody here, so why should I bother.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Aristocracy

I love her look. Letizia is a modern queen. I am thinking or Princess Grace, she dressed for her times, chic and stylish.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I don't expect Letizia to dress like her mother-in-law, or like queen Silvia for example. I expect Letizia to dress in clothes which are age appropriate for her. But what is most important, I expect her to dress in clothes which are appropriate for the Queen of Spain, who is a role model to many. And in clothes with which she shows respect to the hosts of the events she is attending, instead of dressing very often into clothes which scream "Look at me!" She is the queen, and the most important guest, often with her husband, in most events, she doesn't need to dress like a starlet to get people to notice her. And when she and Felipe host an event, I expect Letizia to dress honouring their guests.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I guess it all boils down to personal opinions to some she's dressing as a modern queen and others disagree and think she's a holy show at times
Old 06-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
This is exactly my opinion and actually the reason I restrain from commenting on Letizia's fashion threads most of times now. If every piece she wears that looks 2017 is going to be a melt down I don't think I'm on the same vibe that everybody here, so why should I bother.
There are some of us who think like you.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I guess it all boils down to personal opinions to some she's dressing as a modern queen and others disagree and think she's a holy show at times
Yes, you are correct. I also think the same of others. Some of Maxima's outfits hurt my teeth to look at and just forget Metti-Marit. I give everyone an "A" for trying new and experimenting, but like us all, no one looks commentary or brilliant 24/7. Even some upscale couture lines tend to have me shaking my head. I just enjoy reading all the varied comments, but not the nastiness regarding figures or shapes. That is extremely mean and unworthy

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear