The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Its a fab dress but I agree, Japan is one of the most prudish courts so showing off some wonderbra neckline is not the smartest choice.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its a fab dress but I agree, Japan is one of the most prudish courts so showing off some wonderbra neckline is not the smartest choice.
I totally agree with you DOM. Beautiful dress, just not in Japan.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Good dress for a fancy evening out in Málaga. No dress for a State Banquet in the Imperial Palace in Tokyo where half of the ladies wore traditional dress and the other half in conservative mode. Not the first time Letizia seems to miss a fine-tuned antenna. The whole outlook would have been totally different by wearing elbow long opera gloves, then she would have been far more dressed-up.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

It looks fabulous in motion

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 04-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

Wow a lot a prudish people i see.
She looks fab, and no she's not the only one to show some flesh during a State event in Japan :

http://en.people.cn/200703/28/images...5623133420.jpg

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xr/737...2B4242D6C7E644

https://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress...0507.jpg?w=746
Old 04-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Wow a lot a prudish people i see.
She looks fab, and no she's not the only one to show to flesh during a State event in Japan :

http://en.people.cn/200703/28/images...5623133420.jpg

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xr/737...2B4242D6C7E644

https://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress...0507.jpg?w=746
Thanks, I was suspecting the whole cleavage thing wasn't as shameful as some made it look, but oh well. You can always count on Letizia getting remarks that Silvia never would. And Diana's dress is FAB , I must add.

Agree that this is one of her best gala dresses so I'm happy to see it recycled, as much as I would have liked something new (*cough* and pearls *cough*) but she looks incredibly beautiful AND regal (fancy evening out in Malaga, for real? ). The dress looks amazing in motion.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 04-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Nobility

I love it! She looks gorgeous, and every inch a queen!
Old 04-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Beautiful Queen Letizia and so handsome our King Felipe VI. I don't remember who mentioned "fancy evening out in Málaga", absurd comment.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Good dress for a fancy evening out in Málaga. No dress for a State Banquet in the Imperial Palace in Tokyo where half of the ladies wore traditional dress and the other half in conservative mode. Not the first time Letizia seems to miss a fine-tuned antenna. The whole outlook would have been totally different by wearing elbow long opera gloves, then she would have been far more dressed-up.
i am jumping on this bandwagon too. nothing wrong with the dress if used for a dinner maybe in spain when welcoming statesmen, just as she wore it for the state visit of peru. at least there she is the welcoming host. but in japan, a mostly conservative country? in its imperial court? and during a state visit? mmm... sorry, but no. nothing prudish about it, as some may suggest. is it terrible? well, no, we can surely live with. but it is (or should be) common sense for someone who, like letizia, has seen a bit of world and whose job is to be aware of cultural differences.

here's what maxima and mathilde wore on their recent state visits to japan during the state banquet: better choices, IMO.
maxima
mathilde

shame because letizia has some good gala gowns which would have been good choices for japan. if she wanted to have some cleavage, some of the dresses below would have been good choices as they 'disguise' better, making cleavage less apparent in a conservative country.

this black carolina herrera
this grey dress
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

So confused. I read the comments before I saw the photos. I was expecting some sexy low cut dress. She definitely has some. Cleavage, bare back. Something at all.

I go look at the photo and am shocked to find a beautiful princess like gown, not even strapless and no cleavage in sight.

I get they are in Japan, but she certainly isn't showing off her boobs and nudity like some claims. Looking at the photos of Silvia with major cleavage, and Diana with a bare back, I'd certainly say she was breaking no ground here.

Now if they were in the Middle East I'd expect far more coverage.

The dress is lovely and her hair looks fantastic.

Had hoped for a different tiara but this one is fitting for the trip.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

She looked fabulous, thanks for,the pix of Silvia and Diana showing some skin
Old 04-05-2017, 11:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is one of Letizia's most beautiful gowns, good to see her recycling it. She looked absolutely beautiful and regal in it. As so often, her hairdo was great and her jewellery complemented the look very well. There is not too much cleavage and she isn't disrespectfully dressed. It's 2017 now and while comparing to those photos of queen Silvia in Japan in 2007, there is nothing to complain about Letizia's gown.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The dress is not low cut, but in some pictures there is some 'push up' cleavage to see, as other posters already pointed out, nothing wrong with that but still a questionable choice to wear such an outfit in Japan, of all countries.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:25 AM
Majesty

This picture says all. Look at every lady. Do it one by one: the ladies at the main table, the ladies at the second table, the lady standing behind the main table. Find the person making the impression of wearing a negligé:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8pbreJXYAA1ozx.jpg
Old 04-06-2017, 05:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
This picture says all. Look at every lady. Do it one by one: the ladies at the main table, the ladies at the second table, the lady standing behind the main table. Find the person making the impression of wearing a negligé:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8pbreJXYAA1ozx.jpg
I think she was adequately dressed, nothing too revealing about her dress. This was Japan, not Saudi Arabia.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:24 AM
Nobility

Letizia's dark blue evening gown looks very lovely and she looks very beautiful. Although I think that the dress's neckline requires a necklace. If she had added a lovely necklace, then it would have given perfect final touch to her outfit (now her neckline looks just bare). And I had forgotten how bony Letizia's arm actually look, somehow this dress accuante it the best that she has a body of teenage girl, not of a 44-year-old woman Okay, okay, here's envy talking
I like her brooch, earrings and updo.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
Letizia's dark blue evening gown looks very lovely and she looks very beautiful. Although I think that the dress's neckline requires a necklace. If she had added a lovely necklace, then it would have given perfect final touch to her outfit (now her neckline looks just bare).
There is a matching necklace but Letizia chose not to wear it
2e194eq.jpg Photo by andreamonti_album | Photobucket
Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

SV to Japan, Day 2: Dinner at Akasaka Palace
A new black velvet dress with silk applications. I think I like it, but that piece of silk on her waist is very strange.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8uSO-dU0AAmB0i.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8uSO-AU0AENugU.jpg

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 04-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

That black dress is exquisite, IMO. Weird waist bit and all.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

the waist is strange, is this a black dress with a japan-themed shirt underneath or is this one piece?

Closed Thread

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia cocktail dresses, queen letizia eveningwear