Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a matter of taste, but I don't think she's drowning in the dress. More on the contrary, I prefer this style of skirt to the slim dresses she usually wears. The bodice is perfect on her (not like i.e. her wedding dress) and that makes everything looks lighter. It looks like a new version of the dress from W&K pre-wedding dinner (that she has not worn ever again), but I like a lot more the top part of tonight dress.

I love about everything about this appearance. She could have worn more jewels but she's stunning regardless, so queenly!

Better pics:
Full view *** Side view *** Close-up *** Hairdo
I couldn't agree with you more.

I would agree that the only thing missing for Letizia's ensemble was a necklace of some note and matching earrings. The earrings she is wearing are somehow rendered insignificant by her "presence".

I only have one major whine . . . and it's not directed at Letizia. Those darned order sashes are just ugly and in this case I see they tried the run a thread to lightly gather the sash just so it would fit on her shoulder. Royal and VIP women of the world unite and tell them to make them in two sizes!

It is really exciting to wait for formal occasions now that some of the younger Queens and CP's are starting to "go large". Some, of course, have already started to go for shape. Shoulders, bust, waist and even hips are starting to emerge. You only have to look at the previous generation of Queens to get a little inspiration.

Queen Margrethe: Probably the most artistic and dramatic gowns.
Queen Sophia: At the same event as Letizia wore her lavender wonder, wore a gown with an amazing skirt on it.
Queen Silvia: Oh to drool over her magnificent collection of Nobel beauties. Madeleine even wore one on her wedding day at her after the reception party.
Queen Sonja: Aside for her unfortunate affection for yellow big bird colour.
Queen Elizabeth: Norman Hartnell did her proud!
Queen Beatrix: She worked well with what she had.

And from those who have already started to "go large":
Queen Maxima at her brother's wedding
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1842554/thumbs/o-MAXIMA-570.jpg?8
Crown Princess Victoria
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Crown+Princess+Victoria+Daniel+Westling+Gala+BcxFu4CqDxFx.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...2D8owB4fw05K5peVRHXnCXm427ARE4FkdNWfPwQwOuZEw
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/11/23F3076E00000578-2869309-image-a-47_1418289279527.jpg
Queen Letizia's strapless lavender gown
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...2Q-7FtNHybdK7vXiSgl5hUVVXpFbY9TDgQd3iZ9vPkDf2
And another view of that gorgeous purple gown in Peru today,
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ce/65/88/ce65882b6e4ba945c4284ec811b2b468.jpg

One of Letizia's best evening looks ever. Everything is perfect: the dress, make up, hairdo. I agree, these kind of dresses look great on Letizia and it is good to see her have one like this because she often uses those slim ones. What a beautiful colour, Letizia should use more this. I just love her hairdo - and how happy she is. And big plus that she wasn't ruining the effect of this gorgeous dress by wearing too much jewellery.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Letizia+Spain+Spanish+Royals+Host+Dinner+7A_JG2ng5LNx.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Letizia+Spain+Spanish+Royals+Host+Dinner+wy4U-E1Wvm7x.jpg

The full skirt is what is making her drown in the dress, it it was less puffy then I think it would've been nicer.

It's a long time ago since we saw her in a full gown and I really like it. Although I prefer the one from London, because I loove purple :heart: I have still the hope when Máxima visits, Letizia will pull out the big tiaras :whistling:

I am not a fan of Queen Letizia fashion but in this instance she looks absolutely stunning - no other jewellery was required.

I am in the minority here but I think that even though she looked beautiful she didn't quite impressed me... That kind of gown would suit a curvier figure IMO and the color is a bit off on Letizia...

She looked lovely. Possibly a necklace might have looked good! I find the sash annoying ...

She looked lovely. Possibly a necklace might have looked good! I find the sash annoying ...

I agree with you on the sash. I really don't like the darn things on any woman at any time. Think they are just weird. They look like a swim suit contestant in a beauty contest without the name of their country or state written on them. A small ribbon with appropriate medal pined on would be just as nice and could be quite lovely. They could be nicely worn or shoulder or waist. This huge sash [although I am sure not of her choosing] just spoiled the over all beautiful look. JMO Would love to know when and who started this tradition for the women.

This was one of the best evening gowns I have seen her wearing. (In the same category as the Brit. wedding gown.) The Queen looked absolutely stunning.
[...]
I only have one major whine . . . and it's not directed at Letizia. Those darned order sashes are just ugly and in this case I see they tried the run a thread to lightly gather the sash just so it would fit on her shoulder. Royal and VIP women of the world unite and tell them to make them in two sizes!
[...]
I simply loved the colour combination of gown and sash. Wonderful! But I agree that this one was much too wide for her petite frame. When you look at the Peruvian first lady you see how a smaller sash would look. But alas, the Queen had no choice. :bang: She has to go with it the way it was given. I wonder what would happen if royal ladies went on strike and refuse to wear orders unless they come in a wearable size?

Been gone on vacation so it's wonderful to come back and see my favorite royal lady knocking 'em dead with an amazing look!:flowers::flowers:

I agree with you on the sash. I really don't like the darn things on any woman at any time. Think they are just weird. They look like a swim suit contestant in a beauty contest without the name of their country or state written on them. A small ribbon with appropriate medal pined on would be just as nice and could be quite lovely. They could be nicely worn or shoulder or waist. This huge sash [although I am sure not of her choosing] just spoiled the over all beautiful look. JMO Would love to know when and who started this tradition for the women.

These grand cordons started in Great Britain. Knights in the Order of the Garter had the habit to wear the riband with the heavy gold medaillon "en sautoir" (around the neck). But when horseriding, they preferred to wear it over one shoulder. This prevented the heavy medaillon smashing into their face when galoping on the horse.

With the changing fashion, this riband became longer and longer, on a certain moment the medaillon rested on a hip. This habit was copied by other Courts and so the custom of wearing a sash instead of a neck-badge spread across the world. 18th C female Sovereigns like Tsarina Catharina the Great or Empress Maria Theresia of Austria started to wear sashes, following their male "colleagues".

I love the gown! It's gorgeous on Letizia. I also remembered the beautiful gown she wore in London. The style and shape are rather similar. I really hope she'll recycle this beautiful piece too.

Im not sure what to make of this ballgown on Letizia - the colour is unusual for her (i do love the deep purple which matches so well with that huge sash). It is very similiar to Will and Kate pre wedding gala dress that it makes me wish she had reused it instead of getting another dress with so many similiaraties.
She does look glowing and you can see her love for Felipe in so many of the pictures posted. She has really started to shine as Queen. Her hair and makeup on are point again. The jewellery is just right for the fancy work on the dress - any more and it would be too much

:wub::wub::wub:
What a sensational gown and what a STUNNING look. One of her best ever!

BYe Bine

Very very elegant. To this state visit Queen is just WOW.

Ok that is gorgeous...as is the dark blue dress the president's wife (I assume that is she) wearing.

LaRae

Love both outfits. That first one- " Hello, Your Majesty!". Love it.

I love this gown! It looks so much better than the usual slim silhouettes. I was hoping for a different tiara though.

I agree that the style is similar to the London gown, that has never surfaced again,what a waste!
http://coolspotters.com/files/photo...avender-strapless-gown-gallery.jpg?1357425728
I would love to see the London gown again. Perhaps she is waiting for just the right occasion to recycle it with a little adjustment to keep it fresh.

As to the latest offering:

Purple ball gown . . . Your Majesty.

LBD . . . Hello Dolly!

The first evening dress on Letizia is just breathtaking. The colour is gorgeous, and dress itself is amazing - she looks every inch the queen here, and - cheesy but true - almost like a fairytale royal. For me, this along with the gown she wore to the Cambridge's pre-wedding dinner are her best looks.

I like her second dress but I'm not so sure how I feel about the see-through bit at the back...

I like her second dress but I'm not so sure how I feel about the see-through bit at the back...

You realize that her "see-through back" is just an allusion. Flesh colored fabric overlaid with lace. Years ago, Audrey Hepburn wore one very similar while dating her first husband. It was made by Edith Head.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is unflattering for her at all. I don't buther the color but this outfit on her is awful :sad:

The pants are nice and the top i since but matched together, I find it very boring. Maybe a lace top or a top mixed with lace to add to it wold looked nicer.

But great earrings and great shoes
Bye Bine

I think it is a nice outfit for an evening event and I particularly like the shoes. Not so keen on the clutch bag, maybe if it had a bit of gold or something I'd like it better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom