Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first lady is wonderful. Letizia were she is going Oscars?

The look is trashy chic. Red colour is the only redeeming element. The First Lady's ensembles are disappointing.

Last edited:
Letizia looks always fantastic in red dresses and yesterday was no exception. The lace dress is beautiful, the colouring is interesting. Varela knows how to dress Letizia and Letizia feels comfortable in these dresses and you can see it from mile away. Her hairdo and make up are perfect and the accessories work well with the dress.

June 29, 2015 - Letizia in a red one shoulder dress.

I love the color and the style but I don't like the lace, its too heavy. The shoes are totally wrong and to daytime looking. Great hairstyle and nice make up.

Full view ** Side view ** Close up

The red dress is stunning! Beautiful color and design.

Red is always a good colour for letizia. I don't like the dress or any bare shoulders, same old varela with lace, very boring and not a good choice for a state visit. The shoes are a mismatch.

I like the colour and material of the dress and most of the design, but I am not so keen on the one-shoulder element. Nonetheless, this is another example of a short evening dress that I would love to see as a full length gown.

I like the colour and material of the dress and most of the design, but I am not so keen on the one-shoulder element. Nonetheless, this is another example of a short evening dress that I would love to see as a full length gown.

Same, I bet it's really gorgeous in a long version.
Btw it's not her who is dictating protocol, if it's cocktail it's cocktail. Sorry to all magpies..

What a thankless life, to be endlessly critiqued despite providing the king with love and support and producing two beautiful children. Her deportment is impeccable.

Btw it's not her who is dictating protocol, if it's cocktail it's cocktail. Sorry to all magpies..

Yes indeed, Letizia is exceptional when it comes to protocol her short dresses are appropriate for the event. I still hope though she has a long version to wear at some point when the moment is right!

Same, I bet it's really gorgeous in a long version.

But she could use some nice Jewels like a necklace or a broosh etc.to add some nice sparkle.

Last edited:
June 25, 2015 - Queen Letizia wearing a black suit and black pumps to the Princesa de Girona Awards.

Nice look!

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

June 29, 2015 - Letizia in a red one shoulder dress.

I love the color and the style but I don't like the lace, its too heavy. The shoes are totally wrong and to daytime looking. Great hairstyle and nice make up.

Full view ** Side view ** Close up
First- Classy!
Second- Love the color and the lace. Not a one shoulder fan.

What a thankless life, to be endlessly critiqued despite providing the king with love and support and producing two beautiful children. Her deportment is impeccable.

I agree with you completely. I hope she does not read any posts about herself because she is the kind of women that will be bothered.

HM is looking amazing this evening in the purple gown.

Letizia looks spectacular. My compliments. Strange that the King, his spouse and the Peruvian First Lady are in order with the dress code but the President is not...

I love the color of the gown but unfortunately Letizia drowns in the gown. It does nothing for her especially the skirt part.

"Thankless" is relative. The Spaniards are providing Letizia a generous life.

I love the color of the gown but unfortunately Letizia drowns in the gown. It does nothing for her especially the skirt part.
I think the rather broad sash she is sporting adds to the effect that she is drowning. (I particularly never understood why esp South American sashes are always so broad:ermm: First world problems :lol: ) I believe with a narrower sash the dress might look spectacular. Letizia showed in the past that she can easily carry a full shirt. i.e. Her grey dress in the pre-wedding dinner in London.

I think the width of the sash has dictated the size and fullness of the gown - I really don't think a slim-fitting dress would have looked good at all with such a sash and the only option will have to be to go full.
I can see how some people are thinking that Letizia is drowning in the gown, but maybe it is just because we are not sued to seeing her in such a silhouette.

Agree the dress is wearing her rather than she wearing the gown. The width of the ballgown combined with her slight frame makes her look smothered in fabric. Its a shame because I love a regal ballgown and I really want to like this look.

Last edited:
It's a matter of taste, but I don't think she's drowning in the dress. More on the contrary, I prefer this style of skirt to the slim dresses she usually wears. The bodice is perfect on her (not like i.e. her wedding dress) and that makes everything looks lighter. It looks like a new version of the dress from W&K pre-wedding dinner (that she has not worn ever again), but I like a lot more the top part of tonight dress.

I love about everything about this appearance. She could have worn more jewels but she's stunning regardless, so queenly!

Better pics:
Full view *** Side view *** Close-up *** Hairdo

Last edited:
I think it's regal and elegant and the color/design/print is beautiful!

What a wonderful gown on Letizia and one of her best formal appearances in quite a while!

ANNIE S, I so agree with you. Gown just lovely and Letizia wears it well. This full skirt is brilliant. I enjoy her in slim skirts also as not many women her age can wear without many bumps or rolls gathering. I am glad [for this occasion] that a lot of jewelry was not thrown on as the material just needed earrings. The dress carried the effect. Plus, she just looks so happy and Felipe looks a treat also.

It's a matter of taste, but I don't think she's drowning in the dress. More on the contrary, I prefer this style of skirt to the slim dresses she usually wears. The bodice is perfect on her (not like i.e. her wedding dress) and that makes everything looks lighter. It looks like a new version of the dress from W&K pre-wedding dinner (that she has not worn ever again), but I like a lot more the top part of tonight dress.

I love about everything about this appearance. She could have worn more jewels but she's stunning regardless, so queenly!

Better pics:

Now that's a Queen!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She looked stunning, beautiful. She needs volume, the slim skirts make her look like a stick figure. She looked gorgeous.

Better pics:

Queen Letizia, absolutely beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom