Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 9: March 2017 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually velvet was one of the styles to look for spring 2017 at New York fashion week. And Paris I think. I'd not be shocked to see more.

Queen Letizia's Style - Queen Letizia Blog

I love the coat, the Asian inspiration, and the color. Stunning :flowers:

Not always a fan of velvet but I actually really like the style here. :)

Hair and accessories are fantastic too

I thought the red and maroon combination worked very well. An inspired choice!

The coat is absolutely lovely. Maybe I'm reading to much into the choice of jewellery and style of the clothes, but as in the earrings case, I think there is a subtle nod to Japan with the shape of the neckline and the style of the closing (a little kimono-like), while being still done in a very occidental way. I love that.

The dark red velvet is not bad but leaves me a little off, I can't help but think the coat would look outstanding with a clear lighter dress below.

Back view to the hairdo: http://media.zenfs.com/es-ES/homerun/woman.es/bf46ea8b17dce4a1cbab161858bbc5aa

First glimpse on outfit in the embassy meeting the spanish community, another odd choice, green dress with I don't know how to describe print.

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...aje_estado_japon_colectividad_20170405_01.jpg
CH dress: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8o5qqKXUAAqhRr.jpg

Last edited:
:previous:perfectly described the thought going into the day one outfit. Kudos on the ruby earrings.
The ch dress looks odd but must be redeeming in person or closer up, I haven't met a piece of hers I dislike

the leather and that vivid red colour of the coat do not strike me as something very japan-appropriate, where all the royal ladies are always dressed in subdued colours such as whites and pastels. most likely this coat was created for this visit so i wonder why she/her designer didn't choose a colour which would blend better with the rest of royal outfits. the last time she visited the emperor and empress she wore a light yellow colour which seemed more appropriate.

for the gala, letizia decided to wear a dress showing some super cleavage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8pbY1iXoAAMg1m.jpg

cleavage in the japanese court? i am sorry, but huge mistake. i wonder what she was thinking when she prepared her wardrobe for this state visit.

Last edited:
the leather and that vivid red colour of the coat do not strike me as something very japan-appropriate, where all the royal ladies are always dressed in subdued colours such as whites and pastels. most likely this coat was created for this visit so i wonder why she/her designer didn't choose a colour which would blend better with the rest of royal outfits. the last time she visited the emperor and empress she wore a light yellow colour which seemed more appropriate.

for the gala, letizia decided to wear a dress showing some super cleavage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8pbY1iXoAAMg1m.jpg

cleavage in the japanese court? i am sorry, but huge mistake. i wonder what she was thinking when she prepared her wardrobe for this state visit.

It's a beautiful gown but a very odd choice for the gala.

She looked beautiful. Love the red on Letizia

The red look is fantastic. I love the color.

I like Letizia wearing this blue, she's trying new colours. Looks fresh and love the hairstyle. I keep thinking her hair-stylist should win an Oscar considering the incredible influence she's making on how Letizia looks.

Last edited:
Agree, as nice as she is in red lately this is a great change. Fantastic color :flowers:

And her hair and styling is on point :)

I love the green dress and the teal suit. She looked amazing on this trip.

Queen Letizia looks amazing in the teal!! She looks beautiful in every color, it seems.

The blue suit is stunning. Great color.

Not a great choice at all,more suited for a night out rather than Easter Sunday Mass ,everyone else looks better dressed.

I have to agree, IMO, a more formal look would have been more appropriate.

Horrible outfit, and not appropriate for Easter Sunday Mass, especially for a queen.

The jacket is unflattering, she looks like she is lost in it. The pants are hideous and inappropriate for the event and for a Queen.

The coat is a pretty color and style. But the proportions are off because off the pants.

I am all for wearing pants. I don't think women always have to wear skirts to church even on Easter. That said, the pants are hideous. Leather leggings are horrendous any time but church? A nice pair of slacks with the coat would be great, these horrid things need the trash bin.

The jacket is unflattering, she looks like she is lost in it. The pants are hideous and inappropriate for the event and for a Queen.

Agreed. Wish I could say her clothing for Easter surprises me but it doesn't.

the outfit was just not the most appropriate for easter mass for the queen of a catholic country. those pants that shine are just... not great. i mean, this would be totally fine for a friends' outing in madrid for a drink. as many times before, i think letizia at times has trouble judging for appropriateness of her outfits with respect to where she is using them.

Queen Letizia lacks the sense of appropriateness.

Last edited:
I agree!
And yet her daughters are well-dressed, so what was she thinking?

I imagine Felipe has some input into what the children wear on high profile occasions, or at least he would know enough to veto anything completely inappropriate. But I doubt it gets to that point with the girls. I think Letizia knows well enough what's appropriate and what's not for various occasions and for reasons we can only guess at chooses to wear what she does.

Letizia's coat is beautiful and suits her well. While I don't like her pants, as a Finn, I see nothing inappropriate at her outfit while going to a church. And this isn't an official event, it isn't at the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom