Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 9: March 2017 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That look just doesn't work imo. I'm not a fan of leather pants in general, but those pants with that massively over sized top does not look good.

Sorry but this outfit looks just too quirky for my taste.
I usually like Letizia's fashion choices but this oversized white textured weave gilet by Massimo Dutti looks weird choice, at least for this event. But her hair and makeup looked faultless as always!
I completely agree. Also I think the gilet is way oversized for someone as petite as Letizia, this outfit may have worked if the top were not so big and the tailoring was done properly (the gilet needed to be shorter and about 2 sizes smaller).

I like the overall look, but in contrast to her oversized top the other day, this top looks too tight.

I like this outfit. Look cute and summery.

I guess she wanted to look young and hip but failed, the tight leather pants and oversized sleeveless jacket look ridiculous on a 44 year old woman who holds the position as Queen of Spain.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...000x750/g=G00002.nNEUVe9jQ/FR-DI1228-0065.jpg

I totally agree. And today's outfit with princess Muna may be cute, but it would be more appropriate for an 18 year old young woman going out with her friends than for the queen of Spain meeting a member of other royal family at an official event.

She looks absolutely lovely today.

Fresh lovely late spring look. Pretty skirt :flowers:

I think people need to remember that the queen is no longer a senior citizen. And what was appropriate for the last Spanish, and what is appropriate for a woman in her early forties are two different things.

Not saying I don't want to burn all her leather though.

Fresh lovely late spring look. Pretty skirt :flowers:

I think people need to remember that the queen is no longer a senior citizen. And what was appropriate for the last Spanish, and what is appropriate for a woman in her early forties are two different things.

Not saying I don't want to burn all her leather though.

The present Queen is not a senior citizen but she is also no longer a teenager :flowers:

The present Queen is not a senior citizen but she is also no longer a teenager :flowers:

Although she's fighting it on every front, there's no denying Letizia is firmly in middle aged territory. I don't agree with the notion that once women hit a certain age they have to look dowdy - all of the royal women in that age group have plenty of stylish, beautiful clothing, including Letizia - but there are looks that are hard to pull off the older you get, and that, when they're worn by a woman past a certain age, only serve to highlight the fact that she is indeed no longer young. Letizia seems to be fond of these sorts of looks.

I'm interested to see how her style will evolve over the next couple of years.

If she dresses like a teen, I guess me and my contemporaries look like we are in high school. Yes, I am eight years younger then Letizia. But what she was wearing would not look out of place among anyone my age. I guess when the royal ladies my age dress in clothes that would look good on women fifty and up, anything youthful can be a shock.

And yes, some people do constantly say she should take lessons from her mother in law. So yes, her fashion is being compared to a senior citizen. At least compare her to contemporaries, like a fellow Catholic queen, Mathilde.

Her white book prize look is simple but I like it. Love the pop of color shoes :flowers:

I love the white top and shoes at the book fair, but her pants are ill-fitting. Too baggy.

I don't necessarily think she dresses too young, but I also do not think she dresses appropriately for her position. IMO going sleeveless is not professional for daytime, and although I do not believe that 'royalty' is any more important or better than anyone else, they do have a certain prestige. But I am an actuary for an insurance brokerage, so I am used to a much more conservative working environment :D

This outfit is too casual for me, the pants are oversized look like pyjama pants, the sleeveless top is very unattractive gives me the Madonna/Terminatrix vibe.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/26/13/40D261D800000578-4545038-image-a-14_1495803072955.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/26/14/40D330D400000578-4545038-image-a-29_1495806540476.jpg

I do think Letizia dresses too teen/Barbie on many occasions, its something that looks better on Leonor or Sofia and the Queen of Spain is no celebrity, if Letizia was a famous anchor woman by now she could dress provocative but unfortunately the position is not the same.

Last edited:
The pant are ill-fitting but the overall outfit is nice especially for the warm weather. The red pumps were a nice touch. I dont see anything wrong with her outfit for her age. I guess we are use to royals dressing in skirt/dress suits/tweed etc. Letizia might have a girly touch sometimes but her approach to fashion is nice and she likes taking the risks.

This outfit could be nice for a day out in holidays. I doubt if Letizia has ever seen herself in the mirror being bare arms. Not nice at all. To be avoided
Pumps are beautiful

This outfit is too casual for me, the pants are oversized look like pyjama pants, the sleeveless top is very unattractive gives me the Madonna/Terminatrix vibe.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/26/13/40D261D800000578-4545038-image-a-14_1495803072955.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/26/14/40D330D400000578-4545038-image-a-29_1495806540476.jpg

I do think Letizia dresses too teen/Barbie on many occasions, its something that looks better on Leonor or Sofia and the Queen of Spain is no celebrity, if Letizia was a famous anchor woman by now she could dress provocative but unfortunately the position is not the same.

Had the President not been present it would have been fine but it was far too casual seeing as he was with them,Letizia may be the 1st 'commoner' Spanish queen consort but too often she lacks common sense when picking her outfits.

Except for the shoes, everything looked great. Loved the dress, hair, & make-up.

Beautiful dress, make-up and hairstyle. I only don't like the shoes.

Letizia looked great, thats a nice dress and good she recycled. The shoes, they aren't bad at all.

well, she looks very nice (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom