The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

She does have some really obvious style quirks. Overall, I think she does well. I also have things in my closet that have no business being there. But when I goof, it's not in front of tens of thousands of eyes.

At least she is unique and owns it.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:37 AM
Nobility

Sorry but this outfit looks just too quirky for my taste.
I usually like Letizia's fashion choices but this oversized white textured weave gilet by Massimo Dutti looks weird choice, at least for this event. But her hair and makeup looked faultless as always!

Old 05-25-2017, 02:45 AM
Majesty

I don't like the over sized top any more than the pants

But I would argue she is not less dressed. The men certainly are well dressed. But the woman next to her is quite casual and looks to be wearing a large robe. Not a stylish fashion day IMO of either woman.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I guess she wanted to look young and hip but failed, the tight leather pants and oversized sleeveless jacket look ridiculous on a 44 year old woman who holds the position as Queen of Spain.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...I1228-0065.jpg
Old 05-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Nobility

That look just doesn't work imo. I'm not a fan of leather pants in general, but those pants with that massively over sized top does not look good.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I guess she wanted to look young and hip but failed, the tight leather pants and oversized sleeveless jacket look ridiculous on a 44 year old woman who holds the position as Queen of Spain.
Very much agree. It doesn't matter how the person next to her is dressed. She's the Queen.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:06 PM
Majesty

King Felipe and Queen Letizia today Offer Lunch to Princess Muna of Jordan

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...0170525_02.JPG
Old 05-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
Sorry but this outfit looks just too quirky for my taste.
I usually like Letizia's fashion choices but this oversized white textured weave gilet by Massimo Dutti looks weird choice, at least for this event. But her hair and makeup looked faultless as always!
I completely agree. Also I think the gilet is way oversized for someone as petite as Letizia, this outfit may have worked if the top were not so big and the tailoring was done properly (the gilet needed to be shorter and about 2 sizes smaller).
Old 05-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
King Felipe and Queen Letizia today Offer Lunch to Princess Muna of Jordan

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...0170525_02.JPG
Much better look today and thankfully no leather well except in her handbag but thats ok!
Old 05-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Courtier

I like the overall look, but in contrast to her oversized top the other day, this top looks too tight.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Nobility

I like this outfit. Look cute and summery.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Majesty

That is what I was going to post too!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-25-2017, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I totally agree. And today's outfit with princess Muna may be cute, but it would be more appropriate for an 18 year old young woman going out with her friends than for the queen of Spain meeting a member of other royal family at an official event.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Majesty

She looks absolutely lovely today.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:39 AM
Majesty

Fresh lovely late spring look. Pretty skirt

I think people need to remember that the queen is no longer a senior citizen. And what was appropriate for the last Spanish, and what is appropriate for a woman in her early forties are two different things.

Not saying I don't want to burn all her leather though.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Fresh lovely late spring look. Pretty skirt

I think people need to remember that the queen is no longer a senior citizen. And what was appropriate for the last Spanish, and what is appropriate for a woman in her early forties are two different things.

Not saying I don't want to burn all her leather though.
The present Queen is not a senior citizen but she is also no longer a teenager
Old 05-26-2017, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Queen Letizia at the Book Fair 2017 in Madrid today, May 26:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 05-26-2017, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
The present Queen is not a senior citizen but she is also no longer a teenager
Although she's fighting it on every front, there's no denying Letizia is firmly in middle aged territory. I don't agree with the notion that once women hit a certain age they have to look dowdy - all of the royal women in that age group have plenty of stylish, beautiful clothing, including Letizia - but there are looks that are hard to pull off the older you get, and that, when they're worn by a woman past a certain age, only serve to highlight the fact that she is indeed no longer young. Letizia seems to be fond of these sorts of looks.

I'm interested to see how her style will evolve over the next couple of years.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:13 AM
Majesty

If she dresses like a teen, I guess me and my contemporaries look like we are in high school. Yes, I am eight years younger then Letizia. But what she was wearing would not look out of place among anyone my age. I guess when the royal ladies my age dress in clothes that would look good on women fifty and up, anything youthful can be a shock.

And yes, some people do constantly say she should take lessons from her mother in law. So yes, her fashion is being compared to a senior citizen. At least compare her to contemporaries, like a fellow Catholic queen, Mathilde.

Her white book prize look is simple but I like it. Love the pop of color shoes
Old 05-27-2017, 03:48 AM
Courtier

I love the white top and shoes at the book fair, but her pants are ill-fitting. Too baggy.

I don't necessarily think she dresses too young, but I also do not think she dresses appropriately for her position. IMO going sleeveless is not professional for daytime, and although I do not believe that 'royalty' is any more important or better than anyone else, they do have a certain prestige. But I am an actuary for an insurance brokerage, so I am used to a much more conservative working environment

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia casual outfits, queen letizia daytime fashion, queen letizia fashion