The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Now we finally have a full view on the dress worn first time during the State Visit to Japan, still not a fan, the green colour is pretty but I still don't know how do describe the print ... it looks very odd.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_TnMGVWAAE7Yqv.jpg
Beautiful dress and colors.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the shade of green on Letizia. And I hate the color green :)

Old 05-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Majesty

The style and the green is beautiful

But as I said last time, the Center is horrid. Reminds me of an inkblot test
Old 05-09-2017, 05:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Its an unusual print/design but it's nice. The shade of green is really nice on her. I wish her hair was styled a bit better to finish the look.
I was looking at the group photo and trying to pick what was wrong. You nailed it, the hair! I think every ensemble has requirements for hair, and accessories such as hat, bag, gloves and shoes. Add to this the engagement at which it is worn.

Some engagements require more, some less, and this one demanded more. One of Letizia's smooth updo's would have been marvellous and lifted the 'status' of the dress itself. It would also have allowed us a great view of her fabulous emerald (?) drop earrings

Sadly, the blush court shoes were a complete bust. Why on earth Letizia chose to wear them when there was absolutely no tie to the dress is beyond imagination. It's almost like, OK I've put my dress on and just picked the shoes from the front of the closet or, more likely, each ensemble for the tour was not laid out to ensure all bases were covered and someone forgot to pack the shoes.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It's almost like, OK I've put my dress on and just picked the shoes from the front of the closet or, more likely, each ensemble for the tour was not laid out to ensure all bases were covered and someone forgot to pack the shoes.
You nailed it. Many times her looks aren't "finished" and it seems that something is missing. Not always, of course, but too often
Old 05-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

For years a lot of "fashion" designers claimed that blush on nude heels were a must no matter what outfit a woman was wearing as it elongated their legs. I always hated this look. Shoes should complement the outfit. They are part of the overall look. I have seen everyone of the royals from every country doing this at one time or another. I just don't get it. We know she has black shoes which would have looked like she cared! I have to get used to this type of dress with different color at waist as it will be [already is in NY and Italian couture design houses] seen often. I believe if in lighter shades it might look nicer. But then it always takes me awhile to accept an odd change. JMHO
Old 05-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
You nailed it. Many times her looks aren't "finished" and it seems that something is missing. Not always, of course, but too often
Exactly ,so often her looks lack finesse ,a little more attention to detail and Letizia will prefect this,her outfits/hair are 100 times better than 5 years ago.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Red Cross Day Seville

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_icaSKXUAAu1lt.jpg

Letizia repeating her grey Carolina Herrera dress, I don't like anything about this dress, huge shoulder pads, ugly applications, too short, the bottom looks nightgownish.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the dress is nice, but for me it is too short and it would be better if she had worn tights.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Not liking this dress at all it is a tad too short and I don't like the pattern,hope Letizia doesn't wear it to the memorial Mass for the late Infanta Alicia later.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Courtier

The dress is so-so but her hair and make-up are stunning-perfect (from the neck up, anyway LOL!)
Old 05-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Majesty

I find it an awful design.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Majesty

I didn't like the dress the first time around and still don't
Old 05-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

I love ❤️ her dress and the way she looks. Stunning!
Old 05-12-2017, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Queen Letizia at audiences at the Royal Palace today, May 12. The waistcoat is something different and special, but I don't like it anyway here:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
Old 05-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

it's the same style as the black blazer by Hugo Boss
http://www.queenletiziastyle.com/upl.../382839303.jpg

Yesterday's outfit at the funeral mass, a black blouse with knotted sleeves
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4542531538.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4543227175.jpg
Old 05-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Nobility

The black blazer looks interesting, however, as a waistcoat this style isn't working because it looks lopsided. Perhaps v neck blouse would have worked better?
Old 05-12-2017, 11:49 PM
Majesty

It's a nice style. I think it's the color. Needs to be in a bolder color. With the top under, looks like a lopsided jacket and not a waist coat. Needs more contrast.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Letizia at audiences at the Royal Palace today, May 12. The waistcoat is something different and special, but I don't like it anyway here:

She looks very lovely.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:44 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

A very boring look and the style doesn't flatter her. At least with the black version, the contract of color underneath is nice.

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia casual outfits, queen letizia daytime fashion, queen letizia fashion