Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 5: July 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the top and the bottom of her outfit do not match.

I agree, the top and the bottom of her outfit do not match.

Yes, the blouse and skirt are both white, but the materials are different and reflect the light in a different way.

I like the idea of the outfit, a nice floral skirt and a plain top - it's neat and respectable for the occasion.

The pieces are lovely especially the summery skirt and the soft print and colors but together they don't match well.

I think that it's Letizia knows that the flatter the red color on it and wears it so often.

Though its a recycled outfit it is quite refreshing to see Letizia in bright colours and not in black.

The kind of look I really like on her-great combination of colors, flattering cut, co-ordinated shoes and handbag-very elegant and polished!:flowers:

The kind of look I really like on her-great combination of colors, flattering cut, co-ordinated shoes and handbag-very elegant and polished!:flowers:

Yes, she Looks great!
BYe Bine

Nice but i say a little rigorous professional look for this first event of visit.

A nice smart and professional look on Queen Letizia.

Another immaculately fitting jacket and it works well with the dress!

i really wish letizia chose something a bit more exciting for such a high profile visit. it's alright, but somehow the skirt looks cheap. it would have been a great opportunity to show off t the world what spanish elegance is all about...

I too excted something more vibrant and elengant but I kind of knew Letiza would choose safe looks... After all, this visit is all business...

I am very underwhelmed by the way how The Queen of Spain -for God's sake- looks during this visit. Come on, a bit more stature, a bit more decorum, is that really too much asked? Look at the complete difference in style with a colleague: see picture.

I see a nice lady, apparently from Spain, but really, would anyone have guessed it is a Queen ????

:ermm:

IMO Letizia looks professional, like a business woman. But her clothes are mediocre, very boring and matronly. I mean, her mother could wear this outfit and look good in it.

IMO Letizia looks professional, like a business woman. But her clothes are mediocre, very boring and matronly. I mean, her mother could wear this outfit and look good in it.

That is my 'problem' with her. So now and then she looks 'professional', like a businesswoman. Often she does not even look like that anyway (too casual). But she is no businesswoman. She is Her Majesty Queen Letizia of Spain visiting the White House. This position does not match with how she looks.

:sad:

This black and white outfit is gorgeous, and totally appropriate to an official visit. To me Letizia is the perfect example of a modern queen, who of course is a business woman. Business woman at the normal work events, but really glamorous at the state dinners.

Heu... I don't think a Queen is a businesswoman. Since the "Affaire Iñaki" the Spanish King has even blocked any close relationships with businesses and entrepreneurs...

Doña Letizia can do nothing: she has no authority, no power, no formal influence, nothing. She is "just" the spouse to the head of state and the mother to the future head of state. She and her colleagues are -with respect- the "ornament of state", representing their countries with flair and fleur. In that aspect -in my humble personal opinon- Doña Letizia can add more glamour, more decorum, more visibility and more radiance.

She is not the Mayor of Málaga, she is the Queen of Spain. In my book she should even outstage the Queen of the UK as I always regarded Spain as a bigger monarchy (historically) but sadly pride, self-assuredness, being aware of what Spain is and represent, became not so visible today. It was almost "Eh... sorry that I am here, can I have tea please?". Come on Letizia, show the world!

Last edited:
Comparing what Letitia wore to the White House with Maxima doesn't show much - they are totally opposites in their personality and style as Queens as you can get. Both woman were dressed elegantly. Yes Letizia's is more business like but that is the nature of her character she wears a lot more crisp clean lines than Maxima who is more flamboyant. Maxima also always wears hats in these engagements whereas that is not the style of the Spanish or Letizia. A hat instantly makes an outfit look more formal.

To me she is showing the world what class and elegance are. She has her own style and I highly doubt the people of Spain would want or appreciate a Queen who out shines the king. She dresses for her role and her personality is much quieter than Maximas.

This black and white outfit is gorgeous, and totally appropriate to an official visit. To me Letizia is the perfect example of a modern queen, who of course is a business woman. Business woman at the normal work events, but really glamorous at the state dinners.

IMO Letizia follows the example of her predecessor Queen Sofia. Sofia opted to not wear gloves and hats but chose a more business like style.

IMO Letizia follows the example of her predecessor Queen Sofia. Sofia opted to not wear gloves and hats but chose a more business like style.

Maybe hats are a more "northern European" thing, and not so common in southern Europe. Is that the case ?

I loved, loved, loved Maxima's black pillbox and pearls ensemble at the White House-it was elegant and queenly all at once.

But I also adored Queen Letizia's suit at Mt. Vernon. It gave her rather frail looking figure definiton and was extremely flattering.

I thought this was one of Letizia's better appearances!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom