Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 3: November 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the dress but it looked better paired with the cardigan. I like pearls on her.

What a lovely outfit she wore today. The dress is very pretty and matched with a simple coat, really worked. Would've been nice and more dressed up if she had styled her hair, pulling it half back would've looked very nice. Though her overall isn't dressy enough for such an event, this is a state visit welcoming ceremony. It would've been nice if she wore the dress and had the same hairstyle of the visit to the winery which took place about 2 weeks or so ago.

Last edited:
I like the dress but I don't think it works with the coat. For me it's not dressy enough, its a nice summer dress but not very formal and I dont like it with the heavy black coat. Hair is flyaway as usual and the nude shoes are all wrong with this outfit imo.

Today at the welcoming ceremony to the President and First Lady of Colombia. Repeated dress with an elegant new black coat, black FV clutch, nude shoes and my favourite pair of pearl earrings. LOVE the dress since the first time she wore it and always wondered why she didn't repeat it. It looks good with the coat, I think.

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...B311LBT01_RTRMADP_3_SPAIN-COLOMBIA-ROYALS.JPG

The dress at an event in 2012:
http://images.mujerdeelite.com/galerias/5800_nt_1.jpg

She looks lovely. I love the skirt.

Today at the welcoming ceremony to the President and First Lady of Colombia. Repeated dress with an elegant new black coat, black FV clutch, nude shoes and my favourite pair of pearl earrings. LOVE the dress since the first time she wore it and always wondered why she didn't repeat it. It looks good with the coat, I think.

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...B311LBT01_RTRMADP_3_SPAIN-COLOMBIA-ROYALS.JPG

Oh my! In this instance, the First Lady of Colombia outshines Letizia hands-down. ;) I just love-love-love the First Lady's ensemble. Top-flight in every detail, right down to her shoes (which I usually don't notice). :flowers: I wonder if she is a snazzy dresser generally. Must be. (I can't take my eyes off her jacket!)

I soo agree with you, Lady Nimue! The First Lady surely outshines Letizia in this instance. Letizia lacks the elegance of a Crown princess with her outfit. The heavy black coat over such a simple dress just doesn't do it. Sorry.

I soo agree with you, Lady Nimue! The First Lady surely outshines Letizia in this instance. Letizia lacks the elegance of a Crown princess with her outfit. The heavy black coat over such a simple dress just doesn't do it. Sorry.

She's a Queen now!!

bad hair
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Letizia+Spain+Spanish+Royals+Receive+KLzBNICp_61x.jpg

the coat is too long for the dress
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Letizia+Spain+Spanish+Royals+Receive+uC8Ed38W9vqx.jpg

dress is by oki coky
https://princessletiziaswardrobe.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/barco-de-vapor-premio.jpg?w=575&h=863

The outfit was ok,a brooch and better hair might have made her look a bit more polished and queenly.

The only thing i dont like about the outfit from the welcome cermony is her shoes - i love nude shoes but Letizia's arent the right nude (if that makes sense - CP Mary as lovely pairs of nude shoes by Christian Loubtain that are just right - personally i refer a nude patent shoe not a nude leather shoe) In certain lights Letizia's shoes look more tanned than a proper nude. I would have preferred her to stick to black

I like the colour combination that Letizia is wearing, but the lovely coat seems a little too "heavy" for the rest of the outfit. The First lady of Columbia's outfit is quite breathtaking, although I think if the pearls graduated smaller towards the top of the sleeves it may have looked even more elegant.

I liked the look on Leti the coat was nice and I think it looked fine with the dress.

Ooops! My apologies to one and all, and most especially, HM Letizia the queen of Spain! My bad. (but I still stick with my assessment of her outfit.).

Oh my! In this instance, the First Lady of Colombia outshines Letizia hands-down. ;) I just love-love-love the First Lady's ensemble. Top-flight in every detail, right down to her shoes (which I usually don't notice). :flowers: I wonder if she is a snazzy dresser generally. Must be. (I can't take my eyes off her jacket!)

She sure does! Love her suit, the color, the fit...the sleeves. Perfect! Letizia on the other hand...big miss.

I like Letizia's outfit. I think the length of the coat is nice. She looked great.

Ooops! My apologies to one and all, and most especially, HM Letizia the queen of Spain! My bad. (but I still stick with my assessment of her outfit.).

Being a Queen now makes her choice even worse ;)

Letizia has really done well in her latest events. The dress at ARCO was outstanding. Fits her and her style like a glove.
With the Colombian president, I'm glad that she finally recycled this nice Oky Coky dress, been waiting for that. The coat is beautiful, has a nice length and makes the whole outfit look very elegant. No fuss, just simple elegance.

No fuss, just simple elegance.
I really, really think the kind of fuss some posters expect wouldn't work in Spain. I find the outfit quite elegant and nice, I know some would expect a dress-up affair very much like the outfits QMáxima wears for these events, but that's not going to happen, I'm afraid. And it's probably better this way.

March 5, 2015 - Letizia at the "World Rare Disease Day". Nice outfit but it's lacking something and I can't point out what exactly.

Full view

March 5, 2015 - Letizia at the "World Rare Disease Day". Nice outfit but it's lacking something and I can't point out what exactly.

Full view

A brooch, a necklace, maybe a belt at the waist? I agree, it just needs a little something else to make it perfect. But I do like it. The jacket and pants are perfectly tailored for her.

Full view

For me I think the pattern would work well as a dress, or have trousers matching in colour to the jacket. It seems three distinctive items are worn at the same time and two would be better.

I like this outfit, to be honest. I rarely like Letizia in pants but this pair is quite elegant. I am not missing some jewellery as the shirt is quite busy. Red looks always good on her.

I think Letizia looks good. I like the outfit. Great color too.

The jacket and pants are nice,not overly keen on the top.

I like this on her-the right combination of colors gives it a little bit of an edge without going over the top.:flowers:

Red is most definitely her color, but that is the only thing I like about her outfit. Still don't like this type of pant on her. The top is pretty but it looks out of place with the blazer.

I don't really see a red jacket here, rather an orange one.
Anyway, it's a great outfit for a working day. I like the top, too.

March 10, 2015 - Letizia in black pants, purple top and a tweed jacket.
The jacket looks too heavy and dull. The underneath top is a lovely color and the pants fit well.

Full view ** Close up 1 ** Close up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom