Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is nice but not matched with the coat, the coat is not flattering or elegant enough for such a visit IMO. The hair looked messy in many of the pictures. I liked her make up.

:previous: I would have to say I agree. The cut and style of this shirtwaister dress is fine but the strong patterning has a very "slimming" effect and makes her look like a puff of wind would blow her away. Standing next to Stephanie really emphasises the look.

The whole look is kind of too girly-looking for my taste. Not smart or chic for such a visit. Her clutch doesn't match at all. I also do not care for the coat with this dress. Another miss for an important visit, imho.

I don't like the collar on the dress but I do like the rest of it. Had I been there, I would have given Stephanie a diamond brooch to wear with her dress.

The dress seems to be either or, I'm in the don't like category. But she still looked great. The white coat could have been tied better, with a scarf or brooch. Love the diamond and pearl earrings.

I like the taupe colour of the skirt and the jacket is pretty. Finally some gloves, obviously it was protocol requirement. I don't like the hair at all, braids are for little girls imo, it looked quite messy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her outfit is simple and elegant, love it. The blue is really nice and demure. Love to see her wearing gloves as well. Plus her hair looks fantastic! I believe this is the first time I see her wearing this kind of updo... just lovely.

Ahhh...now this is more like it. Quite an improvement from yesterday in Luxembourg, which was a rare fashion let-down from Letizia ,imo.

I like the taupe colour of the skirt and the jacket is pretty. Finally some gloves, obviously it was protocol requirement. I don't like the hair at all, braids are for little girls imo, it looked quite messy.
I am also mixed about braids. Style here at upscale luncheons and any place "windy" like funerals or outside weddings. I guess they keep hair from blowing all over and stays neat. Hate when women have long stringy hair blowing across their faces or when they are constantly fiddling with it to stay in place. Especially when they know the camera are on them. A nice "bun" or old style French twist was so much more sophisticated. The late Grace Kelly wore braids quite a lot circling her head, but for some reason, she pulled it off.

I like the top of today's outfit. The skirt, for me, is too much for her small frame. The color of the skirt however is very pretty. The hair is okay, not great but not horrible either. And will someone please give her some broaches. She needs something on the collars of her jackets when there is no top underneath. All in all, she looks fine but nothing outstanding.

In The Hague and in Luxembourg Doña Letizia wore no hat and no gloves. It delivered a mismatch with Queen Máxima, dressed in full force. There was no mismatch with Grand Duchess María Teresa thanks to the fact the last one remained inside the palace.

In Brussels the only mismatch with Queen Mathilde was the hat but -hooray!- Doña Letizia wore gloves (and it looks terrific). So there is improvement indeed.

The overall ensemble is all right. The blue and white colour combination is lovely. The ensemble is feminine. The gloves added a nice touch to the look. The hairstyle is awkward. Perhaps the hairstyle without girlish braids would have better.

Last edited:
Letizia looked wonderful today though I hope she wasn't too cold .Todays outfit is a massive improvement on her recent choices for her trips to the Netherlands and Luxembourg.Finally I can see the glimmers of a queenly wardrobe emerging!

She does look great. A sapphire brooch would have tied the outfit together, though.

Really like the fullness of the skirt paired with this fitted jacket and what a lovely colour.

I agree. Way too girly...kind of like the collar on yesterday's dress.

I do like the skirt and jacket today.

Not sure about the skirt but I generally liked this looks... I was a bit surprised to see her sporting a braid... I guess she wanted to try something new.... after all she recieves critics for not wearing her hair up...

Great outfit. I think Letizia definitely hit the mark with the outfit.

I am also mixed about braids. Style here at upscale luncheons and any place "windy" like funerals or outside weddings. I guess they keep hair from blowing all over and stays neat. Hate when women have long stringy hair blowing across their faces or when they are constantly fiddling with it to stay in place. Especially when they know the camera are on them. A nice "bun" or old style French twist was so much more sophisticated. The late Grace Kelly wore braids quite a lot circling her head, but for some reason, she pulled it off.

We forget that. When I was growing up I had female European relatives who always wore their hair in folded braids on their heads. Far from being girlish, it always impressed me as what mature women do with their long hair. It also felt very 'ethnic'. :flowers:

Feminine and stylish. Wonderful posture but wishing for a brooch. Hair could have been a bit more done

Queen Letizia looking lovely in a blue skirt and white jacket in Brussels today, November 12:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Upper part ** Back view **

Her outfit is simple and elegant, love it. The blue is really nice and demure. Love to see her wearing gloves as well. Plus her hair looks fantastic! I believe this is the first time I see her wearing this kind of updo... just lovely.

Ahhh...now this is more like it. Quite an improvement from yesterday in Luxembourg, which was a rare fashion let-down from Letizia ,imo.

In The Hague and in Luxembourg Doña Letizia wore no hat and no gloves. It delivered a mismatch with Queen Máxima, dressed in full force. There was no mismatch with Grand Duchess María Teresa thanks to the fact the last one remained inside the palace.

In Brussels the only mismatch with Queen Mathilde was the hat but -hooray!- Doña Letizia wore gloves (and it looks terrific). So there is improvement indeed.
Overall I think Letizia scored well on this State Visit, the only thing missing being a hat or fascinator for the formal part of the visit.

But let's concentrate on the positives"

• Her jacket was a perfect cut and style for her and was well fitted.
  • Her skirt was wonderfully girlish without being childish and in an absolutely wonderful colour.
  • Her accessories were right on trend, her clutch and shoes were lovely but what was really terrific was the appearance of gloves.
I am very ambivilent about her hair though. On the plus side, it was an updo and it didn't leave hair all over the place. But, on the downside, she has beautiful hair, luxuriant and thick just like daughters, but instead of a fabulous bun or chignon or any other fabulous, mature, professional updo, she wove little braids through a bit of a mishmash updo that would be more at home on the heads of her children.

The other quibble was that her jewellery was distinctly underwhelming which would not be a problem if she was not in possession of some seriously gorgeous bling.

But, overall she looked beautiful. The cut of the jacket really emphasising her tiny waist, and an enviably, feminine but not fussy skirt, and in a gorgeous colour to boot.

It seems that she is really working on developing her personal Queenly style and, for the most part, it is both elegant and distinctive.

The braids look childish to me, she needs a hairstyle which makes her look elegant and regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom