The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
July 30, 2014 - Letizia in a suit that is a few sizes too big matched with a lovely purple top and beige sandal heels. The suit is so unfeminine, not pretty at all.

Close up ** Full view
I love it! She looks fab to me, especially with the vivid color of the blouse. Everything perfect.

Thumbs up from my end.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

I'm wondering if she is recycling some of her older clothes .... when she was a bit heavier. This is what I would call a "business suit", given the economic situation in Spain she may be delving into older clothes that she has not worn for some time. I agree it looks a bit big for her but I can't really fault her if she is trying to economize given the situation. In any event I think she looks lovely and cannot fault her if, indeed, this is an older suit.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:32 PM
Nobility

I love her purple top. Although the suit does look a bit too big for her, she looks really great as always. Plus her hair is looking good again.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do approve of the King's suit choice. A nice pin-stripe.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Hugo Boss suit looks good on Letizia, everything fits well. The fuchsia top is a great choice with this suit, good contrast. She recycles the Armand Basi sandals, which give a little edge to this business look. Her hair looked great.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:06 AM
Courtier

The suit is hanging on her.I dislike this kind of masculine cloths on her.
She has no curves,she should favor more feminine outfits.
The seam of the pant is either not well ironed or not well sewn

The shoes are super ugly.
I like the top and make-up.
Nice that her hair is thick again.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

The jacket might have been a little shorter, but otherwise I see no "few sizes too big" or "the suit is hanging on her."

Her hair looks amazing!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
The jacket might have been a little shorter, but otherwise I see no "few sizes too big" or "the suit is hanging on her."

Her hair looks amazing!
I agree, the suit is what is call a relaxed fit. Not tight and form fitting. Actually looks nice on her slim frame. People complain when her slacks are tight and jacket form fitting also. I guess she is just doing what she wants now as she can't make 100% of people happy. Actually no one can.

As long as she represents her county and her husband to the best of her ability, I give her kudos.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I'm wondering if she is recycling some of her older clothes .... when she was a bit heavier. This is what I would call a "business suit", given the economic situation in Spain she may be delving into older clothes that she has not worn for some time. I agree it looks a bit big for her but I can't really fault her if she is trying to economize given the situation. In any event I think she looks lovely and cannot fault her if, indeed, this is an older suit.
It's great that she is recycling older clothes, if that's what's happening. But why not have some alterations to make the suit fit her smaller build? It's a nice suit but it doesn't fit. I don't find it masculine and like this style of pants on her much more than the tight ones she sometimes wears.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It is impossible to suggest any improvement on the suit of the King, as so often it fits 100% perfect on him. I agree with the observers above that the outfit of Doña Letizia left something to desire but it is no drama, just okay for the event.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is impossible to suggest any improvement on the suit of the King, as so often it fits 100% perfect on him. I agree with the observers above that the outfit of Doña Letizia left something to desire but it is no drama, just okay for the event.
For Felipe,I will suggest other shoes

For Letizia,a well fitted blazer like the one worn recently by Sophie of Wessex would be perfect and so feminine.Sophie's blazer though different was also better because it was made of a stiff material and therefore is nice when buttoned.
A well ironed pant would be good too
As for the shoes,I see nice pumps with mid heels and not sandals.

As for pants,I still prefer her with wide pants and not tight ones.I have also no problem with tight jackets but hate her tight and short cardigans
Old 07-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I agree, the suit is what is call a relaxed fit. Not tight and form fitting. Actually looks nice on her slim frame. People complain when her slacks are tight and jacket form fitting also. I guess she is just doing what she wants now as she can't make 100% of people happy. Actually no one can.

As long as she represents her county and her husband to the best of her ability, I give her kudos.
I like the free flowing of the suit. Why should she always wear form fitting, after all. This looks comfortable and it fits her - you can tell by the waist. JMO. In fact, I think she looks particularly snazzy in this outfit.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree with those who think the suit is a little big on Letizia, but she manages to wear it well. I love the purple top and her hairstyle is great - wavy hair suits her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Recycled pants for Mallorca photoshoot

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0825-043.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0825-007.jpg

The pants look like pyjamas, much better on this occasion than on evening wear outings. Letizia following Queen Sofia's footsteps wearing pyjama pants at Mallorca evening outings
http://www.glamour.com/images/fashio...pants-w352.jpg
Old 08-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

More pics from Majorca, some very sweet

Photo shoot at Marivent Palace | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Recycled pants for Mallorca photoshoot

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0825-043.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0825-007.jpg

The pants look like pyjamas, much better on this occasion than on evening wear outings. Letizia following Queen Sofia's footsteps wearing pyjama pants at Mallorca evening outings
http://www.glamour.com/images/fashio...pants-w352.jpg
The pants look so much better in this setting than an evening event! Felipe looks pretty amazing.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
The pants look so much better in this setting than an evening event!
Exactly perfect for casual wear/holidays but certainly not for official duties.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not a huge fan of Letizia's leggins, but I agree with Emmily and An Ard Ri - I prefer to see them in a photoshoot that is meant to be summerish and relaxed rather than a royal engagement. She looks nice in general though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Spanish Royals visit Sierra de Tramuntana

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0831-177.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0831-134.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...DI0831-321.jpg
Old 08-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Lovely relaxed shots. She looks very chic. I also really admires how she dresses the girls, always age appropriate.

Closed Thread

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia daytime fashion, queen letizia fashion, queen letizia style, royal fashion