Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2014 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you, Princess Xenia! The braids just look silly to me and also messy. Love her outfit and all of her accessories, especially her gloves, but her hair takes away from the smartness.

Letizia looked wonderful and trés chic during her visit to Belgium. I love the colour combination, the colour of her skirt really suits her. However, I do kind of agree with other members who have pointed out that the plaits/braids look quite childish or not as elegant as the rest of the outfit did. They would be appropriate on someone like Princess Leonor, but on Letizia I feel a bun would've looked much better and more sophisticated.

I don't see braids being childish. Letizia is slim and delicate looking, thus she can pull off the braids. The issue is that the hairdo in Belgium was not well done, it could be because of the weather (Mathilde's hair from the back was very messy), or she didn't have the right hair dresser (I doubt she had the same one she usually had in Madrid).

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the peplum style on Letizia but the top looks so uncomfortable around the shoulder area! Love her earrings and clutch and shoes...and, yes, she is having a bad hair day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it looks too big on her, but it is a very different silhouette for her from what were used to.

I appreciate her wanting to try something new-I just don't know if it's the most flattering thing for her.

I love this Nina Ricci suit on Queen Letizia - it's nice to see a different silhouette and it's a great sharp look. I think it may look a little large on Letizia's petite frame because the material looks quite heavy - perhaps in a lighter matt silk material the fit could then be snugger.

I love it, but the addition of a string of the SRF giant pearls would elevate the look into the stratosphere...

I love it, but the addition of a string of the SRF giant pearls would elevate the look into the stratosphere...

I agree the outfit needed something just to counteract all the grey,pearls or a brooch would have been nice!

I'm not sure how I feel about the Nina Ricci suit. There is something off about it. I think it's the shoulder stitching that is throwing me off. The peplum and skirt are a nice change for her. And the earrings, shoes and handbag are wonderful.

Very smart looking suit, but agree with the others that it needed something to brighten it up! Her hair definitely needs to be fuller to go with the somewhat heavy looking grey fabric.

Very chic and ekegant, all she needs is a brooch and off she goes...

I love this Nina Ricci suit on Letizia. But she could have worn some jewels, especially since it is an awards event. She looks too business-like.

It's so good to see Letizia wearing other designers who care about high quality and is worth the money. The sharp cuts of the suit work lovely and the overall of the clean lines are never boring. It's a pity that the hair was not done nicely, it looked a bit messy. If her hair was at least in a ponytail this would've been one of her nicest looks.

It's great to see her wearing other brands. She looked rather lovely. It's not her usual style & it reminds me of Rania.

I personally like the look-the bag and the earrings offset the severity of the silhouette-and I never have liked peplum styles but she wears it well!:flowers:

love that she is wearing a different brand this time. the suit's design looks great i just think it was a little loose on the upper part of the sleeves. i agree with the hair, if it was a tidy, this would have been one of her best looks.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Letizia looking elegant in black and white whilst in Italy today

Loved everything about her look ..she should always try new designs they will suit her .

Love the Nina Rico suit, she is a peplum girl! A string of pearls would have been perfect. Love the new black and white in Italy, any I'd?

Love the Nina Rico suit, she is a peplum girl! A string of pearls would have been perfect. Love the new black and white in Italy, any I'd?

Black and white in Italy is a recycled Varela suit, last time worn in NY
http://static01.diariodenavarra.es/...17f0f17d.jpg?e69e73dfe9d08a97213e2c0142ae7a3d
backside
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2zb5tGCAAAUpZa.jpg

In NY with Maxima
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/24/1411573263709_wps_40_Queen_Letizia_of_Spain_L_.jpg

The Nina Ricci suit was just fabulous with the great Malababa bag. And today's black and white outfit is another success, Letizia looks wonderful in it. The fit is good and simple outfits suit to her petite frame very well.

The Nina Ricci suit was just fabulous with the great Malababa bag. And today's black and white outfit is another success, Letizia looks wonderful in it. The fit is good and simple outfits suit to her petite frame very well.
Yes, I agree. Simple and classic style on all slight built women is best. You never saw someone like Audrey Hepburn over done with too much fabric or jewelry. Although Letizia could start wearing a bit more jewelty if indeed she owned proper pieces or her MIL let her have now that she is Queen.

Beautiful white and black suit today! I like the detail on the front and back.

I don't like todays suit. It somehow ages her and the black and white doesn't work nicely for me. Somehow the jacket's length doesn't seem nice and the detailing on the front looks odd with the jacket length. I wasn't fond of this suit when she first wore and not fond of it this time round. Her hair looks very nicely done, it's soft and suits her.

I like the black and white suit. It fits well, and I like that the detailing on the front continues on the back. Interesting look. I love her hair... too bad she didn't wear it like this with her grey suit!

Today's outfit was ok but needed something extra,maybe a necklace or brooch to give it a regal touch and make it less business like.

i like this jacket a lot, it suits her nicely. what a nice visual effect it creates!

I love the colors but I don't like the skirt.

That outfit is nice just not her size.

That's a very lovely and classic outfit. I love the cardigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom