Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 10: July 2017 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that Queen Letizia looks stunning. Actually hate hats 95 present of the time but at least this one matches color. Yellow or gold colored cloth is one of my favorite on women under 50. I actually love the tone on her. The cut and shape of this outfit is striking on a slim figure. I personally can find no fault. Hope they enjoy themselves.

So do I...I think she looks perfect. Letizia doesn't always get it right in the daytime but she nailed it here.

And no, I disagree with the Telegraph that she is "channeling" the DoC or anyone else. Letizia is the most beautiful Royal consort of them all(my opinion) and made quite a name for herself in the Royal style sweepstakes long before Kate did.:whistling:

Last edited:
HA, funny you should raise the DoC's name....as soon as I saw Letizia in that dress (which I love) I thought Kate could wear that rather well!

LaRae

Yellow is a difficult color, and I don't think it is particularly flattering for Letizia, but she does look elegant and appropriate.

I was hoping she would wear red which is really HER colour. That being said, she DOES look appropriately dressed. Some things are a bit off though. The dress underneath is a bit longer than the coat and it seems redundant for BOTH the dress and overcoat to have appliques on the bottom. They seem to be competing with each other. The shoes don't go with the outfit IMO.

Letizia looks wonderful. Yellow is not a color everyone can wear, but this looks very nice on her. The hat is a very nice touch to the dress and coat (which I love both of them). Great start to the visit.

And I do think at some point she will pull out the red ;)

So do I...I think she looks perfect. Letizia doesn't always get it right in the daytime but she nailed it here.

And no, I disagree with the Telegraph that she is "channeling" the DoC or anyone else. Letizia is the most beautiful Royal consort of them all(my opinion) and made quite a name for herself in the Royal style sweepstakes long before Kate did.:whistling:

Aaaaaah, Queen Letizia at one of her best outfits! Love the different shades of yellow - and hey, the hat suits her perfectly!
I hope for more hats during these 3 days - I am sure, she has a lot of fun with her headgear, as she is soooo seldom able to wear hats (I think it is the 4th time she is wearing a hat, right?)

Can´t wait for this evening ???
BYe Bine

Aaaaaah, Queen Letizia at one of her best outfits! Love the different shades of yellow - and hey, the hat suits her perfectly!
I hope for more hats during these 3 days - I am sure, she has a lot of fun with her headgear, as she is soooo seldom able to wear hats (I think it is the 4th time she is wearing a hat, right?)

BYe Bine

If she wanted she could also wear hats for other outgoing State Vists or other occasions.

Of course, love the red on Letizia. The cut of this coat dress is beautiful on her and so sophisticated! Love the red purse too. She is definitely off to a wonderful start on this trip.

Yellow and red nice nod to the colours of the Spanish flag from Letizia.

I love the color on her...not sure about the upper part of the dress...must be the angle of the pic.

LaRae

I just love this coat dress of Letizia's. Beautiful, flattering and fits superbly. Also like the clutch.

I would like the yellow outfit in a different color...almost ANY different color. It could be beautiful.

The red is stunning

Why is she dressing like a 60 year old? Very much out dressed by Camilla and even The Queen!

Letizia's hairstyle and hat look very pretty together. Also liked her outfit, sans that hemline. She looked elegant, polished and eyecatching.

I was hoping she would wear red which is really HER colour. That being said, she DOES look appropriately dressed. Some things are a bit off though. The dress underneath is a bit longer than the coat and it seems redundant for BOTH the dress and overcoat to have appliques on the bottom. They seem to be competing with each other. The shoes don't go with the outfit IMO.

That is exactly what is making me not like this outfit, they are competing against each other.....Thank You :flowers:. I do not like this on her, first yellow is a hard color for anyone to wear and it is competing against her very heavy make-up which on some pictures shows how dark it it. The style and fit are perfect on her, just the wrong colors and those appliques on the bottom take away from the overall effect. I like the hat, even in this color for she looks so great in hats for the shape of her face which is oval makes for great hats to be worn. Her hair is finally up and not blowing in the wind which is nice to see.

I don't really like the coat dress. The buckle is too big, there's too much going on with the upper part around the chest and shoulders, there's something a little off with the fit that I can't put my finger on.

The colour is lovely and red is always a safe bet for Letizia's skin tone. Id like to see her experiment with other colours, though - I give her props for at least trying the yellow earlier, (although IMO that's one colour she can now cross off her list).

The red and white dressses are stunning .

Queen Letizia looks great in red, no doubt about it, yet what is going on with the top part, it looks confusing for there is lots of fabric there, and the buckle is so large for her frame....not a great choice, just the color is great.

And as someone said........she could accessorize it with a little jewelry would of made a difference maybe.

UK state visit:

Queen Letizia of Spain stuns in yellow on state visit

Spain's Queen Letizia meets the Queen and Prince Philip | Daily Mail Online

She looks wonderful in yellow. A very regal and elegant outfit. One of her best.
The dress was the best part of the ensemble. Brighter colder yellow colour would have been a better choice. A short coat did not look right. It seems to me that Maria Nieto (a hat designer) tried hard to be create a fashionable British piece. Queen Letizia could have pulled off a bigger hat.

Last edited:
Thought she looked just perfect in both outfits. The hat is the best size and pizazz and her carriage is enviable

I am a hat lover but that was ugly. Looks like an over sure fascinator. It did no justice. Looked like a kid playing dress up in moms closet. :sad:

But the outfit was beautiful. I love the bright yellow dress with paler coat. Nice nod to their flag. Only thing I don't like is the lace trim. Matronly, like at daughters communion event. Far better without.

Now the red was stunning. Like evening look, red is her color. Professional yet regal. Her hair and accessories on point.

Letizia's yellow outfit was so outdated. The dress looked like a night slip with a lace border, the coat being that length looked odd with the lace longer. The hat was plain hideous.

Red outfit - Amazing! She wore it so well IMO but a bit underdressed for parliaments visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom