The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Nobility

Letizia's hairstyle and hat look very pretty together. Also liked her outfit, sans that hemline. She looked elegant, polished and eyecatching.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I was hoping she would wear red which is really HER colour. That being said, she DOES look appropriately dressed. Some things are a bit off though. The dress underneath is a bit longer than the coat and it seems redundant for BOTH the dress and overcoat to have appliques on the bottom. They seem to be competing with each other. The shoes don't go with the outfit IMO.
That is exactly what is making me not like this outfit, they are competing against each other.....Thank You . I do not like this on her, first yellow is a hard color for anyone to wear and it is competing against her very heavy make-up which on some pictures shows how dark it it. The style and fit are perfect on her, just the wrong colors and those appliques on the bottom take away from the overall effect. I like the hat, even in this color for she looks so great in hats for the shape of her face which is oval makes for great hats to be worn. Her hair is finally up and not blowing in the wind which is nice to see.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

I don't really like the coat dress. The buckle is too big, there's too much going on with the upper part around the chest and shoulders, there's something a little off with the fit that I can't put my finger on.

The colour is lovely and red is always a safe bet for Letizia's skin tone. Id like to see her experiment with other colours, though - I give her props for at least trying the yellow earlier, (although IMO that's one colour she can now cross off her list).
Old 07-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Great colour but the rest ... upper part is strange and I find it too informal for the parliament, too business like for Clarence House.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9874866787.jpg
Old 07-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Great colour but the rest ... upper part is strange and I find it too informal for the parliament, too business like for Clarence House.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9874866787.jpg
A bracelet or small necklace might have added a bit if finesse to this outfit ,it lacked the finishing touches.

Letizia's hairstyle was fantastic.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Majesty

The red and white dressses are stunning .
Old 07-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Queen Letizia looks great in red, no doubt about it, yet what is going on with the top part, it looks confusing for there is lots of fabric there, and the buckle is so large for her frame....not a great choice, just the color is great.

And as someone said........she could accessorize it with a little jewelry would of made a difference maybe.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
UK state visit:

Queen Letizia of Spain stuns in yellow on state visit

Spain's Queen Letizia meets the Queen and Prince Philip | Daily Mail Online

She looks wonderful in yellow. A very regal and elegant outfit. One of her best.
The dress was the best part of the ensemble. Brighter colder yellow colour would have been a better choice. A short coat did not look right. It seems to me that Maria Nieto (a hat designer) tried hard to be create a fashionable British piece. Queen Letizia could have pulled off a bigger hat.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Thought she looked just perfect in both outfits. The hat is the best size and pizazz and her carriage is enviable
Old 07-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Majesty

I am a hat lover but that was ugly. Looks like an over sure fascinator. It did no justice. Looked like a kid playing dress up in moms closet.

But the outfit was beautiful. I love the bright yellow dress with paler coat. Nice nod to their flag. Only thing I don't like is the lace trim. Matronly, like at daughters communion event. Far better without.

Now the red was stunning. Like evening look, red is her color. Professional yet regal. Her hair and accessories on point.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Letizia's yellow outfit was so outdated. The dress looked like a night slip with a lace border, the coat being that length looked odd with the lace longer. The hat was plain hideous.

Red outfit - Amazing! She wore it so well IMO but a bit underdressed for parliaments visit.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Aristocracy

I really liked the yellow dress and Letizia always looks amazing in red.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Visit to Westminster Abbey & Spanish Embassy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9943931667.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9943471870.jpg

Repeated CH outfit - I love the skirt, very pretty, but a blouse with rolled up sleeves and the shoes are not good enough/approriate for the occasion.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:44 AM
Majesty

This is my favourite!! Beautiful outfit!!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The skirt is nice but rolled up sleeves visiting Westminster Abbey,the tomb of the unknown soldier and Eleanor of Castille,oh Letizia words fail me at times!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Majesty

Love the skirt! I like the top too..but the belt is kinda odd...maybe a wider belt.

LaRae
Old 07-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the embroidered skirt is very pretty. It would have been better with another top though.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Majesty

She looks lovely. I love the skirt.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Visit to Westminster Abbey & 10 Downing Street

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9943931667.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9943471870.jpg

Repeated CH outfit - I love the skirt, very pretty, but a blouse with rolled up sleeves and the shoes are not good enough/approriate for the occasion.
No hat, no gloves, no coat, a blouse with rolled-up sleeves during a State Visit, visiting a monumental eccelstical building and the Prime Minister.... This was supposed to be Her Majesty The Queen of Spain?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The skirt is nice but rolled up sleeves visiting Westminster Abbey,the tomb of the unknown soldier and Eleanor of Castille,oh Letizia words fail me at times!
That's what I thought too.
It's a pretty outfit, but not for that type of event.
Much too casual!

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia casual outfits, queen letizia daytime fashion