Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like these sandals on the modern young woman [ not on anyone over 50] but I don't know if OK on this occasion. 90% of the time I don't appreciate looking at anyone's bare feet [ugly] but at least Letizia's are clean and well groomed which is more than I can say for most people. Just not an attractive part of the body. Outfit nice but she looks so great in jewel tones rather than muted tones. Would have been great in a vivid teal. JMO

I like the blouse and skirt but not with the sandals - it's too eclectic. I am on the fence about the sandals, I think if they were with a different outfit I might like them more.

I often wonder how many blisters these royal women get from all these shoes.

Gladiator Sandal asides I'm pleased Letizia left the cardigans at home today for her next cinema night!

Last edited:
The sandals look great with the outfit. It makes it look younger and not so boring.

The color is dull on her, she looks so much better in bright colors. Those sandals, toss them, throw them away, give them to the maid, just get rid of them. When she wears bright colors, she shines, there is more of a glow to her. Take a lesson from QEII, she wears colors so that the people will see her coming, they need to know she is there.......QL is one very stunning lady, more beautiful then any out there, yet she needs to shine more with bright colors, jewel tones would be good for her.

Imo,this outfit is good minus the shoes.
I hate red nail polish.There is nothing better than a french manicure or a pastel one.

SElizabeth,it's quite insulting to say give the shoes to the maid:ermm:
A maid has a dignity too,she doesn't need the rubbish of someone else

I thought she looked terrific, though I would not wear sandals like that (waaay too old), I think they look wonderful with this outfit. They brought a bit of whimsy to a more conservative look.

Great outfit! It's simple yet elegant. The shoes are ok with the look. The hair band was a nice idea but the stars make it look childish.

Great outfit! It's simple yet elegant. The shoes are ok with the look. The hair band was a nice idea but the stars make it look childish.

I largely agree with your comments. The dress and shoes were fine. The hairband was also fine as a one-off; lets just hope she does not make it a regular habit.

Minus the silly hairband this look was simple but nice .

I like the whole of it. :flowers: Another beautiful presentation.

No problem with the hair band - first I have heard that a hair band is age-linked. It is a hair piece far more functional than a tiara and she wears it well. Methinks Letizia does not follow trends - rather, she sets them. Whatever she wears feels 'right' to me. She never looks a mess - where some who are meticulous in following trends sometimes do, oddly enough. Not Letizia. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another beautiful presentation.

I agree, entirely. EXTREMELY elegant, and well paced.

I wish HM had chosen to wear this blouse with the sparkly skirt, at the Morrocan Banquet last week...

No problem with the hair band - first I have heard that a hair band is age-linked.
I totally agree. The hairband successfully holds back her hair - I don't see it as a childish adornment. The stars are barely visible from the front and look attractive from the sideview imo.

I largely agree with your comments. The dress and shoes were fine. The hairband was also fine as a one-off; lets just hope she does not make it a regular habit.
Hair band kept hair out of eyes and blowing around, so fine. It is either that or constantly pushing back like Kate and Maxima and flopping in face.
Probably time for a new style on all three but then that would be open to negative comments also.

I think the hairband makes her looking sweet!

I love the style!

Way too "cutesie" for the Queen of Spain with the head band with stars on it and matching stars in her ears. Sweet, indeed, but she should look regal. Her make-up looks wonderful, as always.

I like both these recent outfits. The silvery outfit looked quite stunning. I like those shoes on her. She has beautiful feet and ankles and can get away with showing them off like that. She looked great, IMO.

I like the cream outfit with headband too. Though headbands tend to be associated with little girls ("Alice" headbands, after Alice in Wonderland) this one was not a child's headband. And the little stars matched the earrings. I don't mind bit of whimsy. My only complaint relates to the shoes, and it might be due to my age. I think that with closed-toed shoes she should be wearing stockings.

I love this last outfit. It's so simple and so beautiful. I think she looks great witht he headband but I'd have prefered it without the stars.

She looks great! I love all of it, every single bit!

I like the headband - I hope she does set a trend with it. The whole outfit it great.

i like this outfit a lot! it's neat and crisp - i love the detail in the waist of the skirt. letizia looks superb. i don't mind the hairband either, it's neither love not hate, but i do think it detracts from letizia's image as queen.

Last edited by a moderator:

No problem with the hair band - first I have heard that a hair band is age-linked. It is a hair piece far more functional than a tiara and she wears it well. Methinks Letizia does not follow trends - rather, she sets them. Whatever she wears feels 'right' to me. She never looks a mess - where some who are meticulous in following trends sometimes do, oddly enough. Not Letizia. :flowers:
Agree, I think the headband is fine, it seems to blend in with the color of her hair, it's small and can hardly be seen at all. The stars on the side are cute as they go with her earrings, shows she is a girl/woman who likes to still play with fashion. She looks very elegant and very chic. What a very beautiful lady.....stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom