Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful colour but really, a lace trenchcoat? No! Just no!

The blue is a really nice colour for her but I'm not sure the design of the lace jacket. Queen Rania wore a similar lace coat from Burberry not long ago, it was a much better one. Now that I think about it, I really admire how Letizia supports Spanish brands but once in a while, I'd like to see her wearing clothes from international big brands.

Her outfit was hideous IMO. There was nothing right about it. It reminded me of a very poor quality copy of Burberry's lace coats. The coat/jacket not sure what it was was at a weird length, the tie to casual, the finishing was bad. The heels was too much of a match with the look.

Varela is very bad, he has no own ideas but copies from high level brands, the quality of his designs is not worth the money
Burberry Lace Coat
http://www.iluxdb.com/data/burberry-long-corded-lace-trench-coat-37894201_003.jpg?7a22a6
http://www.iluxdb.com/data/burberry-long-corded-lace-trench-coat-37894201_002.jpg?7a22a6

Very nice - but I, too, am wondering at all the lace. Certainly must be good for the lace-makers. :flowers:

Thing is - lace has it's beauty, and there have been some lovely examples of lace dresses recently. It is the trend right now. Even I have a section in my closet for the lace outfits I've purchased. A lace coat, though, does not seem 'sensible'.

I thought the outfit was awful and looked cheap. Also, I don't think that shade of blue suits her. And I wish she would get her split ends sorted.

The idea of a lace coat is interesting, but not practical! I like the lace, I like the design and I like the colour - but not all three together!

I thought the lace trench look was atrocious. I don't even like the expensive Burberry trench! Although the blue was a lovely color, I didn't like the matchy blue shoes. This whole outfit was a huge miss, in my book.

I like the Burbery coat but I love lace. I don't, however, like Queen Letizia's outfit. I think it's the tied belt and the matchy shoes that seem to overpower her small frame.

Last edited:
Im usually a little harsh on Letizia because of her lack of accessories. I like this color and I think she looks pretty.

Varela is very bad, he has no own ideas but copies from high level brands, the quality of his designs is not worth the money
Burberry Lace Coat
http://www.iluxdb.com/data/burberry-long-corded-lace-trench-coat-37894201_003.jpg?7a22a6
http://www.iluxdb.com/data/burberry-long-corded-lace-trench-coat-37894201_002.jpg?7a22a6

I like the blue lace coat but not so much the Burberry's. In fact I like the lace sleeves, something special and it looks cool under the sun as compared to a fully lined sleeves. Coming from a tropical country, i always wonder how the royal ladies could wear a dully lined jacket/coat with a dress underneath and walk around under the sun smiling.

Since Doña Letizia has arrived on the highest stage, I hoped she would dress up more. For sure when she is received with all égards on such grand historical sites. Some headgear, some nice bijoux, maybe a pair of gloves. The Portuguese First Lady looked more regal than the Queen of Spain...

Considering that her mother-in-law almost never wore hats or elaborate jewels during daytime, I think that it is unlikely that Queen Letizia will.

A first step would be to stop wearing the bad Varela designs everytime and start promoting aspiring as well as established spanish fashion designers in a wide range from low budget to high end.

A first step would be to stop wearing the bad Varela designs everytime and start promoting aspiring as well as established spanish fashion designers in a wide range from low budget to high end.

Varela isn't that bad but he has no original ideas, many of hi designs are copies and made poorly. It's a bout time that Letizia looks for new designers and tries other brands. She seems to be sticking to certain designers for so long. There are many great Spanish designers out there and she can easily promote them.

The outfit from today was okay. I don't think I mind the pants. Also, I like the concept of the jacket, but think that it could be a little more fitted around the waist. Again, the outfit is okay, but just a little underwhelming, nothing special.

Since Doña Letizia has arrived on the highest stage, I hoped she would dress up more. For sure when she is received with all égards on such grand historical sites. Some headgear, some nice bijoux, maybe a pair of gloves. The Portuguese First Lady looked more regal than the Queen of Spain...

Agree! I was also expecting that she will follow the other CPses when they became Queens (Maxima, Mathilde...), but no, she stayed at the same business woman level, she did not realized that she upgraded.
Nevertheless, the lace coat is very nice.

Last edited:
Ugh. She has some dark pencil skirts that could go great with that pretty jacket, but it seems she doesn´t think it´s necessary to upgrade her usual "pants look" for the military events :whistling:
Such a pity.

Personally I am not a fan of royal ladies wearing trousers to formal royal engagements. That said, its interesting that there are posters here complaining about Letizia wearing trousers to engagements, whilst at the same time over on the Duchess of Cambridge threads, there are posters urging that Catherine wear trousers to engagements. No winning, is there?

The military is so important for the monarchy. In all monarchies the links with the military are strong. For such public military ceremonies Doña Letizia could have upgraded a bit.

I so agree! She just never seems to make an effort to look regal or elegant for military events. I'm not a fan of this outfit, and I still dislike those peep-toe shoes she insists on wearing.

She's so slim and her clothes look to big for her. If they fitted better maybe she would look more "finished"?

I don't mind the pants at all but her overall was slightly casual looking for a military event.

I think QL needs to dress up for these military ceremonies. The hair! She is not going to wear hats.. but she should wear her hair up and a nice dress. The jacket looks too big. I love QL but she is not dressing like THE QUEEN OF SPAIN AND SHE IS. KF looks very handsome.

Letizia with flying hair and pants at a military ceremony. With Felipe in Gala uniform, I wish she'd make some more effort. The top is ok but it would look so much better with a pencil skirt.
The pants are not flattering
Spanish Royals Visit Air Force Basic Academy in Leon | jose gegundez | photographer
Spanish Royals Visit Air Force Basic Academy in Leon | jose gegundez | photographer

I was almost afraid to click on the links given that she usually underwhelms at military events....and that is still the case. From top to bottom this is huge miss.

These military occasions are what I would say were formal "State" events, where everyone is obviously immaculately dressed (on account of wearing uniform!) and so I do think for this type of thing, Queen Letizia should dress up in the same way she did on the day she became queen or when she met the Pope - in other words one of her superb immaculate outfits.
I don't mind that she doesn't wear a hat or that she has her hair the way she does - but I would say that I have never seen Queen Sofia without her hair in exactly the same form or shape come wind, rain or shine!

Personally I am not a fan of royal ladies wearing trousers to formal royal engagements. That said, its interesting that there are posters here complaining about Letizia wearing trousers to engagements, whilst at the same time over on the Duchess of Cambridge threads, there are posters urging that Catherine wear trousers to engagements. No winning, is there?

Catherine is wife of the heir to the heir. Letizia is the the Queen:flowers: Big difference.

This is the only time I would also say she should fancy it up a bit.
I get she is not so much interested in fashion (which is pleasant), but maybe they should hire a stylist who advises what to wear. Many do that, I certainly would.

Last edited:
I squeal with delight when I see Letizia dressed like this. She's a trend-setter and I think she should be admired for taking a stand, as the woman at the peak of the social order in her country, for the right of women to wear trousers. She's just as properly dressed in a suit which includes trousers as she would be in a skirt. Good for her, I say! :clap:

I'd like to see more royal women following her lead, especially the thin ones like Kate on whom trouser suits would look fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom