Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if she had done something with her hair it mightn't have looked such a messy majesty moment.Wasn't her best effort by a long chalk,Letizia can with a bit of effort dress much better than this.

These military occasions are what I would say were formal "State" events, where everyone is obviously immaculately dressed (on account of wearing uniform!) and so I do think for this type of thing, Queen Letizia should dress up in the same way she did on the day she became queen or when she met the Pope - in other words one of her superb immaculate outfits.
I don't mind that she doesn't wear a hat or that she has her hair the way she does - but I would say that I have never seen Queen Sofia without her hair in exactly the same form or shape come wind, rain or shine!

Is everyone dressed immaculately? Does anyone have the pictures of the "regular" attendees? Because I don't feel that Letizia has to dress up to the standards of full military uniform. If that were the case, not as many people would have blasted Catherine for wearing a coat dress to the opening of the Tour de France.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Letizia is not a regular attendee. She's the Queen and this military events are rather serious occasions. She's too casual IMO.

I squeal with delight when I see Letizia dressed like this. She's a trend-setter [....]

A trendsetter? In what? Boredom? In wearing pantsuits? Frau Merkel and Mrs Clinton paved the way so Doña Letizia is hardly setting any trend.

It can not be that the Lady Mayor of Madrid is better dressed than the Queen of Spain, or was that the trendsetting by the new Queen?

:flowers:

Is everyone dressed immaculately? Does anyone have the pictures of the "regular" attendees? Because I don't feel that Letizia has to dress up to the standards of full military uniform. If that were the case, not as many people would have blasted Catherine for wearing a coat dress to the opening of the Tour de France.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I still think she should have dress up a little, but people certainly were not dressed up, apart from the militar uniforms.
Here are two pics:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsGXDO4IcAAMfSr.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsGXCR-IIAAoADS.jpg:large

In fact, I think Leti was one of the most formally dressed guests...

Her style is stunning i love it bur her hair i dont know but she must to change her hait but not like the belgian queen mathilde

If that is recycled it looks like it is swimming on her. She seems to have lost weight which she can I'll afford, the pressure must be intense

A trendsetter? In what? Boredom? In wearing pantsuits? Frau Merkel and Mrs Clinton paved the way so Doña Letizia is hardly setting any trend.

It can not be that the Lady Mayor of Madrid is better dressed than the Queen of Spain, or was that the trendsetting by the new Queen?

:flowers:

Angela and Hillary might have paved the way but AFAICR Letizia is the first European Queen Consort to wear trousers on engagements. Rania of Jordan has worn them at times.

Angela and Hillary might have paved the way but AFAICR Letizia is the first European Queen Consort to wear trousers on engagements. Rania of Jordan has worn them at times.

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands wore trousers for one of the two New Year's receptions. No succes either but at least she had her hair in a chignon and it was matched with a set of nice jewels. That made her looked more 'up' than Doña Letizia yesterday.

Queen Máxima of the Netherlands wore trousers for one of the two New Year's receptions. No succes either but at least she had her hair in a chignon and it was matched with a set of nice jewels. That made her looked more 'up' than Doña Letizia yesterday.

Thanks for that info., Duc_et_Pair. I didn't know that. Yay for Maxima, too. :flowers:

I don't see a problem wearing trousers at all at an engagement but I would like to see it all dressed up.

I don't see a problem wearing trousers at all at an engagement but I would like to see it all dressed up.

I agree but not with bling jewelry during the day as that would not be true to herself. Even QEII only wears a lovely pin and earrings to daytime events and after all she is the constant benchmark on proper dressing [even when Letizia's age]. Letizia's outfit OK but a lovely large pin on jacket would have been nice. IMO it is her hair that needs a redo. She tried with the short bob [which was neat and pulled together] also with the braided front [which kept it out of her eyes and is quite the vogue in all the upscale magazines for all woman under 50] Again she tried. Letizia needs to find her style and just revamp occasionally. Don't get me wrong I would never want to see her with the "helmet head" style of QEII or Beatrix, her mother-in-law, etc. It just seems that Letizia, Maxima and Kate all leave their hair do its own thing most days. That is what throws off the look to me.

Letizia is sadly still dressing as if she was still Princess of Asturias ,her transformation into queenly style might be a long process.

I don't have a problem with the grey suit that Letizia wore to Morocco. If you are going to a conservative country of another culture during a major religious event, you are not going to offend anyone if you lean towards the conservative. Look at the group picture. If you ignore the rose pajama pants (I know its hard to do), she is dressed like the other women in the picture. To me, that says she chose correctly.

I was waiting for Salma to wear one of her beautiful kaftans and she is dressed in pants. QL looks beautiful with the necklace given as a gift. It is good she wore a skirt. I think a dress would have been prettier. I do not know, I wold love to see her wearing an elegant dress for the day. QL please dress like the Queen you are!

I don't have a problem with the grey suit that Letizia wore to Morocco. If you are going to a conservative country of another culture during a major religious event, you are not going to offend anyone if you lean towards the conservative. Look at the group picture. If you ignore the rose pajama pants (I know its hard to do), she is dressed like the other women in the picture. To me, that says she chose correctly.

I completely agree with you . . . Queen Letizia fits in perfectly with the rest of the ladies who are dressed in business attire, with the exception of Queen Salma who looks more festive . . . and relaxed. So yes, QL made a safe and good choice!

Arrival in Rabat on Introductury Visit in a grey suit. IMO quite disappointing, the suit looks badly fitted/tailored and the colour is totally dull. Hair hanging down as usual, a bun etc would look so nice.

https://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/letizia188.jpg?440a77
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Visit+Morocco+Day+1+29NLtkX99ZRl.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Visit+Morocco+Day+1+Ijei8dQXDxCl.jpg

The arrival outfit was way underdressed IMO, she looked like she was attending a business meeting. The suit a size too big and a dull colour. She could've worn one of her better suits at least and have her hair in a ponytail, curled or pulled back.

I know it's ramadan and she tried to dress conservative but she could've done that with a suit more of her size and with some colour.

No effort at all.

I appreciate the fact that she played it safe knowing that it was Ramadan. Nothing wrong with the suit except, as has been mentioned, it's a little big and needs some tailoring.

I totally agree with dazzling. The suit is so drab and boring, and too big on her. She needs to pay more attention to the fit of her clothes!

The white suit from today is very nice and the head scarf is respectful of the hosts. She looked lovely. Also, I wish more of her pants fit like these.

Very elegant and suitable for the occasion.

She looks very nice and elegant in both outfits. She seems to have gotten even thinner lately and some of her clothes do not fit too well anymore

She looks very smart in this white suit and it fits her so well. The jacket is well tailored to fit her tiny body. I'm liking the change in her earrings!

Day 2's outfits were much better than her first days choices and the white suit and scarf was very elegant on Letizia.

The dusty pink is the best outfit of the visit IMO.

Too much going on, and the fit isn't the best in the pink outfit. It just seems to be hanging on her. The white suit fit her the best, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom