Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 7: July 2017 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

And Queen Elizabeth earlier today, October 12, receiving ambassadors at Buckingham Palace:

** Full view **

Doesn't she look wonderful in ice blue figured satin with little inserts of matching plain satin for style. Her hair and makeup are wonderful and her triple string of pearls and pearl and diamond earrings are the choir . . . . the glorious aquamarine clips are the tenors, harmonising and lifting the ensemble out of really nice, to wow, doesn't she look amazing. The video is well worth a look and she looks so alive and animated and her smile is wonderful.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL9YX2tW0AEPQaR.jpg

Last edited:
Looking lovely in both outfits. The aquamarine clips with the ice blue satin are amazing!

So very much agree with you Marg and Queen Penny, HM looks just marvelous. That smile goes right to her eyes, and welcomes the world into her life.
I also though Princess Anne looked glorious in that dark green suit, wow, what a color on her, she looked outstanding tonight and I loved her shoes. Pearls on both ladies are a huge win for me and mother and daughter seemed to really enjoy being together at this event.?

Queen Elizabeth at an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, October 13 (as mostly at these events side or back view photos only):

** Full/Side view **

I have a cropped jacket in that same weave! It's heavy for Houston's climate, so I only get to wear it a couple of times a year. The brooch is gorgeous!

I love her in turquoise - more than any other blue, actually. And it's nice to see the Jardine star out for a walk!

Queen Elizabeth looking great during a visit to the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment at Hyde Park Barracks today, October 24:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Elizabeth in a great coloured dress during audiences at Buckingham Palace today, October 25:

** Full view **

Two great colours for Queen Elizabeth today, November 8:

At private audiences at Buckingham Palace:

** Full view **

And later at the reopening of the Sir Joseph Hotung Gallery of China and South Asia at the British Museum:

** Full view **

Queen Elizabeth at the Royal Albert Hall this evening, November 11, interesting dress with velvet parts:

** Full view **

I'm not sure about HM's dress, there's something slightly off about the shape to me and I can't quite put my finger on it. Having said that; she still looks great.

What a nice change for her! Takes 20 years off, IMO.

This dress looks like from The Countess of Wessex's wardrobe :cool: I like it.
What a nice change for her! Takes 20 years off, IMO.
I love it! and yes it does look a lot more contemporary and Sophie could definitely have something like it in her wardrobe.

We so rarely get to see HM wearing civvies and the Festival of Remembrance provides the opportunity for her to do her own thing within the dress code. Her dress with its clearly defined velvet yoke provides the perfect backdrop for her pearls giving them a gorgeous lustre and one of her collection of bow brooches with its attached spray of blood-red poppies providing the needed "pop" of colour. She looks positively luminous in black when it is a fashion statement rather than mourning dress.

Yep, 20 years younger, I do agree.

I love the Queen's dress. She looks lovely in black. I am puzzled by the gold on the side of her handbag. I can't tell if it is an inset on the side or maybe a scarf hanging out. Any ideas?

I love it! and yes it does look a lot more contemporary and Sophie could definitely have something like it in her wardrobe.

We so rarely get to see HM wearing civvies and the Festival of Remembrance provides the opportunity for her to do her own thing within the dress code. Her dress with its clearly defined velvet yoke provides the perfect backdrop for her pearls giving them a gorgeous lustre and one of her collection of bow brooches with its attached spray of blood-red poppies providing the needed "pop" of colour. She looks positively luminous in black when it is a fashion statement rather than mourning dress.

Yep, 20 years younger, I do agree.

Sophie wore a coat with that sort of design for a Sandringham Christmas appearance. Camilla has also worn dresses with that empire design.

I'm saying Stewart Parvin. Call me crazy, but I see his fine hand here.

I love the Queen's dress. She looks lovely in black. I am puzzled by the gold on the side of her handbag. I can't tell if it is an inset on the side or maybe a scarf hanging out. Any ideas?

If you enlarge the pic ..it's just a reflection bouncing off the side of her shiny black purse.

LaRae

Her hair is just a lovely shade of white. I don't know if she gets help with that or not but sometimes older ladies don't have that shade of white it's more of a greyish tone.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
This Wedgwood blue dress (and the coat/hat designed with it) is my all time favorite. I just love the small floral bands and that perfect blue. I had a landlady in college who had a Wedgwood blue interior, along with the china, all over her house. Which should have been enough to put me off Wedgewood for the rest of my life. :eek:

But, I love this for Her Majesty

I love the hat that coordinates with the dress.

This is a strange thing to mention, but sometimes I dream in sage green jasperware.

The people and trees and trellises (there's always a trellis) are white, and the sky and the ground are sage green, with all of the Wedgwood hallmarks, like egg-and-dart frames around my dream scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom