The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth in mint green at the Bentley Motors Royal Windsor Cup Final at Guards Polo Club yesterday, June 25:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Old 06-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I love that second picture posted. She looks so happy. That mint color is beautiful and lately I've come to look for the dress she wears underneath as it is always coordinated with the color palette too.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I love that second picture posted. She looks so happy. That mint color is beautiful and lately I've come to look for the dress she wears underneath as it is always coordinated with the color palette too.
Those are also the dresses she wears in the audiences she has that we get pictures of.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Courtier

I always try to spy her dress under her coats, too, and yes, she is always impeccably coordinated.

I also love seeing her dresses when she is indoors. But I am so used to seeing her with her coat & hat, she sometimes appears to be underdressed to me!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I adore that she wears print dresses under her Coats. Splendid.

But I can't get too enthusiastic about what are essentially sack dresses built for comfort. True, I expect no less from a woman of her age and experience, but I just can't get excited abut the same dress, darts, sleeve, zipper in a selection of prints.

I give her far more credit for her casual wear, which probably more accurately reflects her sense of style. A nice wool skirt, Hermes scarf, cardigan and brogues wins more approval from me than those shift dresses.

I do hope that she fusses over print selection!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Courtier

I agree AdmirerUS. Her fabulous coats, hats, and brooches are far more interesting.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I adore that she wears print dresses under her Coats. Splendid.

But I can't get too enthusiastic about what are essentially sack dresses built for comfort. True, I expect no less from a woman of her age and experience, but I just can't get excited abut the same dress, darts, sleeve, zipper in a selection of prints.

I give her far more credit for her casual wear, which probably more accurately reflects her sense of style. A nice wool skirt, Hermes scarf, cardigan and brogues wins more approval from me than those shift dresses.

I do hope that she fusses over print selection!
Any 91 year old working full time is allowed to wear what she likes, especially one as elegant as our monarch!
Old 06-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth in a lovely flower dress at audiences at Buckingham Palace today, June 27:

** Full view **
Old 06-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Ok. Now I'm hooked. When seeing pictures like the most recent one, I'm trying to figure out which hat and coat she's worn it under.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Ok. Now I'm hooked. When seeing pictures like the most recent one, I'm trying to figure out which hat and coat she's worn it under.
I think you might be the perfect person to start a Queen's print dress blog, Osipi!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Courtier

Oh HM looks so wonderful and that smile says how happy she is. And take a close look that the expressions on the faces of the people that she is talking to, they are memorized by her....you can see how thrilled they are to met her. And I do like the simple shift dress that she wore, bright, pretty for summer events........oh to met HM.....what a lady she is.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think you might be the perfect person to start a Queen's print dress blog, Osipi!
Perhaps you're onto something here. Make it a game and one has to match the prints with the coats and the hats. I need someone with exceptional eyesight to do it though. Any takers??

I do think, for the most part, that those that are introduced in an audience with HM, The Queen tend to be in a state of awe and HM's amazing smile does wonders to put people at ease around her. She never once loses her aura of majesty but her smile makes her so very human.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:40 AM
Majesty

I love her prints. And when I just see her dress, I wonder what coat goes

At 91 I am not about to complain she has a style and sticks to it. Heck there are much younger women in her family who do.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth in a nice flower print dress at the Queen's Leaders Ceremony today, June 29:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 06-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Courtier

A pretty soft and flowery dress on HM, just perfect. She looks so very happy and that smile says it all.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Two nice print dresses for Queen Elizabeth during audiences on June 29 and 30 - I especially like the first one with the green leaves, it has something fresh and modern, but it's still queen-like:

** June 29 ** June 30 **
Old 07-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Queen Elizabeth lovely in Lemon today in Edinburgh as attended at the ancient ceremony of the Keys

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9103031705.jpg
Old 07-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Majesty

She looks wonderful! Great color and style for her!

Those flowers are lovely.

LaRae
Old 07-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Courtier

A very nice color on her, soft and becoming. The hat on the other hand IMO has to many feathers on it. Those flowers are gorgeous and makes one wonder if perhaps there is some pink in the fabric of the coat.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth wearing a lovely dress during audiences at the Palace of Holyroodhouse today, July 4:

** Full view **

Tags
queen elisabeth, queen elisabeth hats, queen elizabeth ii, queen elizabeth ii fashion, queen elizabeth ii style, royal fashion