Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Norman Hartnell was a true artist.
The gowns he created for the Queen throughout decades were height of craftsmanship; elegant, breathtakingly beautiful, memorable and symbolic.

The Queen's outfit from today's Garden party.
- Full view
- Close up

She looks really lovely! :)

Last edited:
That sketch is a work of art in itself; such beautiful detail on that gown and gorgeous colors.

Lovely shade of lavender and HM looks great, but not crazy about the hat. And her brooch is divine; which one is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Educated guess: The Flame Lily brooch.

She looks lovely!! :flowers:

Love the lavender outfit! So lovely!

:previous:
Norman Hartnell was a true artist.
The gowns he created for the Queen throughout decades were height of craftsmanship; elegant, breathtakingly beautiful, memorable and symbolic.

The Queen's outfit from today's Garden party.
- Full view
- Close up

She looks really lovely! :)

I love the lavender ensemble and the brooch is absolutely gorgeous. Her smile is indeed delightful. Her best feature, in my opinion.

She looked beautiful, I wish we had seen a little more of the floral dress. Absolutely one of my favorite outfits! :flowers:

The lavender outfit is divine- so elegant! H.M. looks gorgeous!

Another great look for the Queen today when she met with The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5th Battalion
The Royal Regiment of Scotland in London:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Now, I love the jacket and needless to say, the brooch.
But the skirt... It's really not my cup of tea.

Nevertheless, Her Majesty looks beautiful, as always. A very fresh, summery look. :)

Another lovely look for Her Majesty. I love the brooch and the fact that she's so color-coordinated here :D. She looks very fresh and summery.

Speaking of the brooch, does anyone recognise it?
Before I had a close up, I thought it might be William IV Brooch or Hyderabad Rose Brooch, but it's obviously neither. Any ideas?

Cropped from larger image, constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 109
Love the top but not the skirt. The print is not my taste.

This is a very youthful look for the Queen, the style and cut are lovely.

It looks to me like it might be a military brooch, maybe in honour of her hosts. I could be totally wrong though.

It looks to me like it might be a military brooch, maybe in honour of her hosts. I could be totally wrong though.
Absolutely correct, thanks for the tip! :flowers:

Once you draw my attention to the fact it was a military event, I checked The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5th Battalion badge; it's definitely of the same general design and insignia as the Queen's. A bit disappointed this wasn't a new (to me) piece of jewellery, but glad "mystery" is solved.

Last edited:
Great hat and jacket, but not the overly vivid floral skirt. And that's a nice military brooch she's sporting. Great job on the ID, ladies!

Another great look for the Queen today when she met with The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5th Battalion
The Royal Regiment of Scotland in London:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
A nice and quirky look from HM, even though I am not overly fond of the print of the skirt - it is well coordinated!

And the Queen looked lovely in the lavender at the garden party.

Her Majesty looks wonderful at the Epsom Derby!

I read a fewdays ago I can not remeber if it was in helloo or hola magazine about the secrets of howthe Queen is alwasy prfct, I wanted to read it to my husband but now i cannot find it if any onehere is so kind and have it would you mind to post the link, thank you.
i only remeber that said that the Queen has 2 outfits of everything in case an accident happen........

I read a fewdays ago I can not remeber if it was in helloo or hola magazine about the secrets of howthe Queen is alwasy prfct, I wanted to read it to my husband but now i cannot find it if any onehere is so kind and have it would you mind to post the link, thank you.
i only remeber that said that the Queen has 2 outfits of everything in case an accident happen........

Ashelen: This is not the article you requested, but I warn you, you will find this shocking:
Queen Elizabeth Stains Dress, Breaks Handbag - StyleList:ohmy:

Gorgeous! What a beautiful color on QE, and the hat is amazing.

Absolutely beautiful color on HM, and I love the flower on her hat. And she's wearing the magnificent Queen Mary Russian brooch; always wonderful to see that.

She looks fantastic! Love that gorgeous blue!

Her Majesty looked fantastic at the Derby. She wears shades of blue very, very well and I love the hat (especially the silver flower).

Frankly a good portion of her life she dressed like a frump. She looks great, today, because, I suspect, that some of the designers who dressed her like an old lady when she was 50, are gone. At her sons weddings she wore outfits that were awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom