Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This shade of blue is absolutely beautiful. I do love the lace detail on the hat and coat sleeves. So exquisite!!!

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the detail on HM's hat and coat look like tiny little shamrocks?

Yes, could be shamrocks and I think some other flowers too. The white detailing is very beautifully made....one wonders if Angela Kelly has been secretly snipping bits of lace off Catherine's wedding dress...."oh, Ma'am, I've sourced some wonderful lace for the wedgwood blue outfit - found yards of it in fact...."

Queen Elizabeth on the second day in Northern Ireland, June 27, wearing a combination in light green/mint:
** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **
The Queen looks wonderful.
I love the delicate embroidery on her coat and hat, and the brooch is a nice addition too.

We've had the Duchess effect - now it's the Queen effect! Her Majesty's love of Launer handbags sees sales more than DOUBLE
It is no longer only the Duchess of Cambridge who can cause a frenzied sales boom whenever she appears in public wearing a new dress, carrying a new umbrella or walking a new dog. Kate's grandmother-in-law is now giving the younger royal a run for her money in the fashion department. Queen Elizabeth's beloved handbag designer, Launer London, has seen yet another enormous spike in sales of their elegant, box-shaped bags, after their most loyal patron was photographed carrying several different models during her Diamond Jubilee weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
HM looks great! Love the details on the collar and hat.

She looks wonderful in this color. She's been wearing so many pretty, bright colors and looks so good in them.

Lovely chartreuse green and gold embroidery, further enhanced by that gorgeous brooch. The fabric of the coat is very nice, too. HM sure looks spiffy these days!

Last edited:
Yet another very lovely colour on HM and I have a thing for the hat. The Queen looked really good today, haven't got a finger to put on it.

The department stores mentioned in the articles only carry the low-end handbags. HM's bags often cost around BPS5,000. Hope all these ladies aren't blowing the food budgets for their families!!

Today's outfit just doesn't do it for me. I think it's the shade of green which reminds me of the colour of a highlighter pen I had at school.

Bad memories of school, EIIR, or that you had to use that highlighter a lot?:lol:

I love the green and gold outfit. Her Majesty looks excellent. I love the brooch too.

Bad memories of school, EIIR, or that you had to use that highlighter a lot?:lol:

No particular bad memories, Baroness, just not a colour I particularly like. One of my friends at school had a tendency to highlight almost everything on her page in a bright green, which seemed a bit counter-productive to me, but HM's outfit brought it to mind.

My school uniform was green, which has rather put me off green in all its shades I must admit ;).

Queen Elizabeth in a wonderful colour at the official unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in London, today, June 28, 2012.

** Full view ** Upper part **

She looks fantastic! Very beautiful color.

Beautiful shade of purple on Her Majesty. Lovely, as always.

Her Majesty looks absolutely lovely in this shade of lime green. I do love the gold lace trim on the collar and hat. Very unusual and it really compliments the outfit.

Last edited:
July 3- HM looks great in this blue and white outfit! She looks elegant of course.

Pic

Photo from Iceflower

:previous:

And so she did today as well: Queen Elizabeth with a wonderful outfit in pink and white at a Diamond Jubilee Service
of Thanksgiving at Glasgow Cathedral on July 4, 2012.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

She looks smashing!

LaRae

Yes, she looks fantastic in that pink outfit! I also love the hat. This is one of her best looks!

I like this pink outfit better than the blue, although that was a beautiful color on her. The pink suit is just a better style.

:previous: I agree with Baroness; the pink suit is styled better and looks better on Her Majesty. I'm not crazy about the blue suit (though the color is quite lovely), probably because the jacket reminds me of a house coat. I do love both pink as well as blue hat and white hat.

Queen Elizabeth in Perth today, July 6, wearing a grey flower dress and a light yellow coat and hat - nice!

** Full view ** Upper part **

I love the yellow coat but not the dress. It does not match at all!

I like the pale yellow color, but not the coat or dress. The coat has those housedress pockets I so dislike, and I don't like the dress pattern or hat. One of her unfortunate misses for me. But I do love her brooch, as always.

Last edited:
I love the shade of the coat and the hat (along with the brooch), but dislike everything else. The coat does indeed remind me of a housecoat, and the dress only matches with the shoes. Not a good look for Her Majesty.

The whole ensemble makes HM look heavier than she is. Unfortunate as the shade of yellow is very pretty and soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom