Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must agree with you, Boris re the smartness and chic lines of this outfit HM is wearing is so flattering. Beautiful color and the brooch is exquisite.

I must say that I always prefer Queen Elizabeth in the more sophisticated lines and sharper tailoring of Stewart Parvin's designs - the outfits made by Angela Kelly tend to be on the fussier side with a more shapeless silhouette and frequently make her appear rather stodgy.
Dislike the hat with it crochet layer all over though, not exactly elegant.

Full view of today's Ascot outfit:
http://s17.postimage.org/3k3ecj0fj/x610.jpg

Agree about Angela Kelly's outfits mostly they are not to my taste but then every now and then the Queen looks great in one of her designs.

The outfit today at Ascot is a elegant look for the Queen and i actually like the hat it works to add some details to the simple design of the coat. Rachel Trevor Morgan is one of the best milliners and i adore it when the Queen wears her creations

Another beautiful powder blue outfit; I'm crazy about the aquamarine brooch from her parure but not the crochet overlay of the hat, though I do like the shape.

I must say that I always prefer Queen Elizabeth in the more sophisticated lines and sharper tailoring of Stewart Parvin's designs - the outfits made by Angela Kelly tend to be on the fussier side with a more shapeless silhouette and frequently make her appear rather stodgy.
Dislike the hat with it crochet layer all over though, not exactly elegant.

Full view of today's Ascot outfit:
http://s17.postimage.org/3k3ecj0fj/x610.jpg

I did love the position of the buttons and longer neck opening - I think they were very flattering. I think this design also appeared to have a less boxy fit across the shoulders. Simply lovely.

HM looks great of course! The stunning brooch looks great with the outfit.

Queen Elizabeth wore a beautiful pink ensemble for Ascot Day 2.
- Complete outfit
- Close up

She is wearing the Centenary Rose brooch.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you can see the lack of craftsmanship of Angela Kelly in the tailoring of this coat.
The 1970 bathrobe trumpet sleeves complete with bow tie aren't too appealing as a design idea either, IMHO:

http://s8.postimage.org/bmvs445t1/Screenshot_1.jpg

You know, this isn't my favorite of the Queen's outfits, but I think Angela Kelly has more than proved herself in the last few years.

The torso is not well cut either. The flare should have started higher to eliminate the almost gaping just below HM's mid-hip. Somehow, the hem appears somewhat amateur-ish. Not criticizing, just noting. The color is perfect for HM.

Last edited:
Love the colour, love the brooch and love the smile

Like the hat

Hate the bits of string and there is one button too many - this causes drag on the line of the coat

I love the color and the hat, but I agree that the cut of the coat seems off and I don't like the sleeves at all. And she's wearing one of my least favorite brooches (never thought I'd say that), although I know it has sentimental attachment for her.

Last edited:
I think the color of the outfit is very lovely, but the style of the coat is not to my liking at all. The sleeves and bows ruin it completely, in my opinion. I think the hat is very nice along with the brooch.

The pink coat is really not my favourite of the Queen; it looks somewhat shapeless.
Just one note: the dress is not by Angela Kelly, only the hat is. Just thought to clarify since I do like Angela Kelly's designs a lot: she pays a lot of attention to details.

Love the color but not the outfit. I really dislike the sleeves.

Fantastic suit! Love that shade of mint!

She looks fantastic in the mint green coat and hat.

Like this a lot - hat, shape, colour - everything. Just waiting on the info re the brooch because it looks amazing.

The brooch is the Teck Corsage (without the pearl drops).

Like this a lot - hat, shape, colour - everything. Just waiting on the info re the brooch because it looks amazing.
Have a look at this thread; the brooch has now been identified. :)
Her Majesty looked amazing; love the colour and the style, and the hat was just cute.

The torso is not well cut either. The flare should have started higher to eliminate the almost gaping just below HM's mid-hip. Somehow, the hem appears somewhat amateur-ish. Not criticizing, just noting. The color is perfect for HM.

I thought the hem wasn't very well done myself.

The pink coat is really not my favourite of the Queen; it looks somewhat shapeless.
Just one note: the dress is not by Angela Kelly, only the hat is. Just thought to clarify since I do like Angela Kelly's designs a lot: she pays a lot of attention to details.

Do you know who the designer actually is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know who the designer actually is?
I believe it was Stewart Parvin - another designer whose outfits for the Queen I generally adore. Just not that one.
Incidentally, today's mint green ensemble is definitely Parvin, save for the hat which is from Rachel Trevor Morgan.

Beautiful mint green outfit, and I love the hat. The brooch is just gorgeous.

Rachel Trevor Morgan was interviewed at Royal Ascot today. She says she almost never knows where or when her hats are going to be worn by the Queen. She made 8 hats for HM earlier this year and never knows when the Queen will wear them until she sees it in the press. Stewart Parvin or Angela Kelly send her drawings of the outfits and a fabric swatch and she goes from there.

She came across as a very nice lady.

Day 4 of Ascot:

Full view
Hat

Here is a full view of the outfit and a close up of her brooch.
The Queen looks absolutely stunning. I probably say this for every outfit she wears, but purple really is her colour.

Rachel Trevor Morgan was interviewed at Royal Ascot today. She says she almost never knows where or when her hats are going to be worn by the Queen. She made 8 hats for HM earlier this year and never knows when the Queen will wear them until she sees it in the press. Stewart Parvin or Angela Kelly send her drawings of the outfits and a fabric swatch and she goes from there.

She came across as a very nice lady.

Thanks for sharing, EIIR!
I do love Rachel Tevor Morgan's hats for the Queen; it must be thrilling for her to see one of her creations worn by Her Majesty.

Last edited:
Another lovely outfit from HM. I really like her colour choices this year and some pretty gorgeous brooches too.

Great suit, what a stunning shade of purple! Lovely of course!

Beautiful shape and pleating on the coat and the color is just gorgeous. HM's been really treating us to some fantastic displays of her brooches, too. I'm not too much a fan of the hat, though, a bit too Mad Hatter for me. But it's her Jubilee year so what better time to go a little mad?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom