Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the jacket. it definitely balances out the heavy print of the dress. However, Her Majesty looks delightful; summer-y and fresh. Great jewelry, as usual.

HM looks stunning.

Phillip doesn't look very well, however. :ermm:

She looks really great. I love the outfit, it's such a nice shade of yellow and it looks very well on her. I also adore the brooch.

she dresses very well i liked that she has a weighted hem line and the diva bag she carries is amazing

Queen Elizabeth at today's reception at the Buckingham Palace. The Queen, along with the Duchess of Cornwall, met winners of "Cook for the Queen" competition. She wore a green floral dress with purple jacket. Both the dress and the jacket have been recycled many times.

- The outfit
- Side view

I hate this outfit. She does much better, especially that floral print is so dated.

Always loved that outfit! She looks wonderful in yellow!

Love the crisp clean lines of this outfit and the lemon yellow; she looks marvelous as usual and I just love that huge military badge.

Last edited:
HM looks fabulous as usual. Love the color on her!

I know there are some who don't like this shape of hat on HM, but I just love the whole outfit. She is truly a ray of sunshine in this ensemble.

Gorgeous! She shows all the youngins how it's done.

TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL and the brooch just stunning one of my favourite colours on the Queen

Absolutely gorgeous! I loved the look on the day of the Royal Wedding last year, and still love it today. Her Majesty wears that shade of yellow quite well.

Queen Elizabeth at The Cartier Queen's Cup Final at Guards Polo Club on June 17, 2012 wearing a combination in light blue (and sun glasses as to an eye irritation).

** Upper part ** Close up **

iceflower said:

Queen Elizabeth at The Cartier Queen's Cup Final at Guards Polo Club on June 17, 2012 wearing a combination in light blue (and sun glasses as to an eye irritation).

** Upper part ** Close up **

how pretty she looks.

What a beautiful powder blue on her; I love the hat and what I can see of her print dress. Is that her Iris brooch?

What a beautiful powder blue on her; I love the hat and what I can see of her print dress. Is that her Iris brooch?
It's the Rhodesian Flame Lily Brooch.
The Queen looks beautiful. :)

Cropped from larger image.

Attachments

• Flame Lily Brooch.jpg
    Flame Lily Brooch.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,399
Thank you, Artemisia; I should know these in my sleep by now!
With the number of the brooches the Queen has? Not a chance! ;)
Incidentally (and sorry for being off topic), the Queen wore the Brigade of Guards brooch for the Trooping the Colour.

Don't you know I count brooches instead of sheep to get to sleep? I'm usually out like a light by 100!:D

Last edited:
That's a very lovely suit, love the color.

Even with a sore eye Her Majesty looked flawless! I love the shade of blue of the coat and the fabric looked beautiful. The hat was very elegant. And the dress underneath looked very pretty.

Another great look. The light blue is so becoming on Her Majesty. I love the hat and the brooch too. Thank you for identifying it (as well as the one from Trooping the Colour), Artemisia :flowers:.

I agree the Queen looks lovely in all her outfits lately but there is one thing that niggles me. She is always beautifully co-ordinated but so often teams her light summery coloured outfits with black shoes and a black bag, surely lighter accessories would look better? She nearly always wears light gloves so why the black shoes and bag? :ermm: I first noticed this on her visit to Australia last year where she wore a number of lovely outfits which (IMO) were slightly spoiled by the black accessories. She doesn't always have the black shoes and bag but most of the time she does (for example she had light shoes and bag with her lovely yellow outfit at William's wedding). Any thoughts :flowers:

The Queen has her signature black shoes and black Launer handbag. They're here to stay.

Royal Ascot Day One: wearing Stewart Parvin, Rachel Trevor Morgan hat and the Aqaumarine Brooch.

Last edited:
I just love today's Ascot outfit (or at least, what I can see of it).
The colour of Her Majesty's suit is amazing, the hat is very pretty, and that brooch is in my Top 10 all-time favourites of the Queen.

Her Majesty looks stunning. I love the shade of blue, as well as the hat and brooch.

HM looks amazing (as usual), another quite brilliant colour on her and the Aquamarine Brooch is one of my favourites.

I must say that I always prefer Queen Elizabeth in the more sophisticated lines and sharper tailoring of Stewart Parvin's designs - the outfits made by Angela Kelly tend to be on the fussier side with a more shapeless silhouette and frequently make her appear rather stodgy.
Dislike the hat with it crochet layer all over though, not exactly elegant.

Full view of today's Ascot outfit:
http://s17.postimage.org/3k3ecj0fj/x610.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom