Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 3: February 2011 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that shade of blue. Great choice.

Oh yes, your research is interesting, it will be surprising to find out your result. Thank you.

Well, I am sure there are better researchers (and fashion experts!) than me on here, but so far it seems that for official daytime engagements (including ones at the palace) black shoes and black handbag are usually worn no matter what the colour or design of the outfit. Occassionally there have been a white shoes/handbag/gloves combo too. For family weddings/weddings in general, there are at least two instances where I have seen beige/nude shoes and matching handbag. For evening events, shoes will be either silver or gold. The dress will always be white for state banquets at home and abroad and for the state opening of parliament.
Brown shoes/brogues are only worn in the country I think?!

I think the Queen has a very chic way of dressing, very traditional and unchanging in the basics.

I guess I can live with the shoes and bag not being the ideal color because she still manages to look so well put together.

Thank you Roseroyal for the link you posted. Photographs of all the highlights are there. Wonderful. Besides the "candy floss'' pink coat with the pink and whit floral dress, I also loved her beige outfit. I particularly liked the beige hat she chose to wear. Extremely stylish with an aquamarine shaded brim. A very different yet lovely combination.

Last edited:
Love the contrasting shades of blue. They give the outfit a sort of pizzaz.

I think the outfit looks blue under the stage lights Daria.
Otherwise, it looks black and white.

Are there any banquets or galas on schedule for this trip?

Good question, mrswhitham. Let us hope so!

Loved the outfit HM. wore to depart Australia!

Stunning! The best photos of all of HM's outfits by far. Thank you for sharing, Al_bina. :)

All the outfits she wre wore were gr8! I didn' see one bad outfit in the bunch.
Her hats were all good too; only one I didn't like was the blue one with the rainbow colors on it.

Curtesy of iceflower. This was posted in the 'Current Events' thread.

Queen Elizabeth at the Goodenough College in London to celebrate its' 80th anniversary earlier today.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mniwxz.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/34zlz7m.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/v3zkbc.jpg
Queen Elizabeth II Visits Goodenough College - Pictures - Zimbio

I really like this shade of blue on her, and the hat is great too. Of course the best part of her look is her engaging and genuine smile. She looks fabulous, as usual.

HM looks wonderful as usual. Love the color and for once, I like the black gloves and
bag! :)

Lovely as always! Can someone identify HM brooch? I don't recall seeing it.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but if you're referring to the brooch worn on the Queen's lavender outfit, it's the spray brooch gifted from HM's parents with pink and blue sapphires and also rubies. She also has a matching pair of earrings as well.

Also, the royal blue outfit worn today by HM is absolutely beautiful. It always amazes me that she can wear strong jewel colors and it doesn't fade her out, rather enhances her lovely complexion. I also like the curlicue decoration on her hat; looks like a stiff bow on a gift box. Also, the brooch worn is Queen Mary's Russian brooch; the size of that diamond and sapphire is making me salivate!

And, of course, as Daria commented, an engaging smile always completes an outfit!

Thank you so much for the info re the Queen's brooch! Very interesting. :) Thank you as well, for identifying the brooch she wore with her royal blue outfit! It is Outstanding!!

You're welcome. Oh, to be set loose in HM's jewel vault, I can't think of anything closer to Nirvana than that! :lol:

Nor can I, Baroness. Nor can I... Ah but the dilemma of what to choose!

to be able to be so consequent, uncomplicated and not circumstantial, is admirable...

I'm a bit late to this thread, but if you're referring to the brooch worn on the Queen's lavender outfit, it's the spray brooch gifted from HM's parents with pink and blue sapphires and also rubies. She also has a matching pair of earrings as well.

Also, the royal blue outfit worn today by HM is absolutely beautiful. It always amazes me that she can wear strong jewel colors and it doesn't fade her out, rather enhances her lovely complexion. I also like the curlicue decoration on her hat; looks like a stiff bow on a gift box. Also, the brooch worn is Queen Mary's Russian brooch; the size of that diamond and sapphire is making me salivate!

And, of course, as Daria commented, an engaging smile always completes an outfit!

I'm in full agreement here. Whether she is wearing a light pastel or a strong color, neither make her look washed out. This dark blue is absolutely gorgeous on her.

I wonder how Queen Mary came to possess the Russian brooch. Did one of the Tsars gift it to her, or did it come into the Family after the 1917 Revolution. Regardless of how it came there, it's a beautiful piece of jewelry.

What a lovely colour on HM. Very Regal. She always looks so happy.

HM looks magnificent, that's a really 'royal' blue she's rocking. She really seems to be in a very happy place at the moment, it's wonderful to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom