The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

It's her Christmas card to the world. It's so heartening to see someone her age with that glint in her eye.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

I like the color. Hat is great.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That cranberry shade is lovely on HM and so seasonal; all she needs is a sprig of holly on her hatband. And, yes, her smile is indeed fabulous as it has been lately.
In complete agreement. The shade is gorgeous on her, and she's one of those people who can wear it well. It brings out her complexion. You're right; her smile has been fabulous as of late. Probably due to all the good things that are going on in the Family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
It's her Christmas card to the world. It's so heartening to see someone her age with that glint in her eye.
I love what you said. 'Tis the season to be cheerful, and she's certainly doing that.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Fantastic look for the Queen today, February 15 at a reception to commemorate Her Majesty's
Diamond Jubilee, that strong red looks great on her and even her lipstick matches perfectly

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, she looks so radiant in red. The hat is just lovely!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Royal Highness

Great, she can pull off almost every color and pattern.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Agreed; HM can carry those jewel tones so well and they just enhance her coloring. I love the spiky feather ornament on her hat and I see she's wearing her flower basket brooch. Wasn't that a gift from her parents?
Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Majesty

She pulls off bright colors like no one else I've known in all my years on this planet. Her smile is a wonderful accessory, as usual .

Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Her Majesty wore a lovely light/baby blue ensemble for an outing with the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge.
I love the whole look, especially the stunning hat. Now that's what I call a proper hat; elegant, with beautiful details, no ridiculous additions - in other words, the opposite of the horrible fascinators so favoured by the younger royals.

Gallery from Zimbio.
Article from Daily Mail.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks glorious today, and happy too.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Not a fan of the Fortnum and Mason visit outfit the colour is nice and obviously connected to the eggshell blue of the company but the jacket just doesnt work on the Queens shape and kept rising up during the visit which is unusal as normally the Queen's outfits are designed to sit well for the duration of the engagements

Old 03-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Her Majesty looked fabulous, as usual. I love the shade of blue, and her ever-present infectious smile .

Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely blue color. Close up the fabric is really nice, it's a silk slub, giving texture. HM's figure has changed quite a lot over the last 2 years. She seems to be tilting forward, which makes a straight skirt look quite unattractive. She looks much more elegant in a coat/dress ensemble or a skirt with a flare. I can't find a photo, but hopefully some of you have seen that suit with the flared skirt.

Does anyone recognize the brooch? Camilla is wearing HM's Leek brooch. Could this be a new brooch?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the color.She looks great!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't she look lovely in baby blue? I like such colours on HM so very much!!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Commoner

@RoyalReporter reporting this is a recycled outfit. I didn't think HM recycled outfits!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, HMQ previously wore this outfit on a state visit to Oman in 2010.

See a pic here
Old 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneugeba View Post
@RoyalReporter reporting this is a recycled outfit. I didn't think HM recycled outfits!
Her Majesty recycles outfits quite a lot; mostly, she just changes accessories that go with the outfit to give it a new look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Yes, HMQ previously wore this outfit on a state visit to Oman in 2010.
See a pic here
I have to say, although the Queen looked wonderful on both occasions, I do prefer the look with white gloves and handbag. With black gloves and bag the look was just a bit heavier and more distracting.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I knew I recognized this outfit from a prior engagement; thanks for posting the picture, Artemisia. It is a lovely egg-shell blue and the style of hat reminds me of the one she wore to William and Kate's wedding. Unfortunately, the jacket was riding up on her, which normally never happens since her clothing is always a perfect fit. But she looked very happy; it must have been a treat to be accompanied by Camilla and Kate.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I knew I recognized this outfit from a prior engagement; thanks for posting the picture, Artemisia. It is a lovely egg-shell blue and the style of hat reminds me of the one she wore to William and Kate's wedding. Unfortunately, the jacket was riding up on her, which normally never happens since her clothing is always a perfect fit. But she looked very happy; it must have been a treat to be accompanied by Camilla and Kate.
You are welcome, but the credit belongs to EIIR who found the picture from the state visit.
Initially, it reminded me of this the Queen wore for a visit to Canada or Australia.

Closed Thread