Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 3: February 2011 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the shade of blue, and the whole look in general. The pockets on the coat are not to my taste, but that's about it. I love her jewelry. As usual, Her Majesty looks fabulous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful cornflower blue coat, springlike hat and lovely dress print. My pet peeve is the housedress-like pockets, but otherwise quite a nice appearance. I've never seen HM's brooch before, but as usual am in love with it.

HM looks glorious in her Spring outfit! I too am in love with her brooch, but do not recognize it. Hopefully someone will identify it and fill us in..

Beautiful cornflower blue coat, springlike hat and lovely dress print. My pet peeve is the housedress-like pockets, but otherwise quite a nice appearance. I've never seen HM's brooch before, but as usual am in love with it.

I'm with you on those. The only thing I disliked about the look. The color is absolutely beautiful on Her Majesty, and I hope to see it worn more often.

I just don't like these pockets at all on any outfit, whether it's a coat or dress and for me, it just detracts from the overall appearance. But that's just my personal taste.

I just don't like these pockets at all on any outfit, whether it's a coat or dress and for me, it just detracts from the overall appearance. But that's just my personal taste.

Oh, they're quite hideous. They don't have a place anywhere but a house-coat.

The Queen great looking as always at a thanksgiving service for the Queen Mother and Princess
Margaret at St George's Chapel on March 30, 2012.

That colour is always great on her and the flower hat is so nice!

** Full view ** Upper part **

Oh yes Iceflower, this shade of cornflower blue is lovely on HM. I do like her hat and the deep pink and cream flowers provide an excellent contrast. Very smart indeed.

Beautiful cornflower blue and I like the slash pockets.;) The floral colors on that gorgeous springtime hat contrast nicely against the color, and her brooch is just stunning.

Last edited:
That hat is one of HM's best imv.

I love the coat; Her Majesty has been quite fond of this particular style lately.
The hat is very nice, although I usually don't like floral decorations.

Great look, overall. :)

She gets it right every time! Only I'm thinking white shoes and a white handbag would've looked better. :flowers:

She looks fantastic! Love that hat!

I love the lavender coat and hat on Her Majesty. It's understated, but still elegant. The hat is a delight.

A repeated outfit but well worth repeating. I think the green feather sets the outfit off beautifully.

What a beautiful lavender on HM, and she looks absolutely lovely. I'm not too crazy about the design of the hat, especially the cuff-like band going around it, and every time I see one of these feather adornments, I always think that she keeps a spare quill in her hat to whip out to sign a document at a moment's notice. But she's positively glowing these days, and that pearl brooch is certainly a sight to see!

Last edited:
Beautiful outfit! That color is great on her!

Absolutely lovely in lavender but pity about the black accessories, especially the gloves. It looks a little heavy but never mind, who cares when she is wearing such an amazing smile! :flowers:

I have this theory of why she wears black gloves in Spring. White would get grubby shaking hands with all the people she does and can any of you see the Queen walking around with one grubby gloves? :ohmy:

Unfortunately, coming from that excessively coordinated age group means that it's black bag and shoes too. :ermm:

Last edited:
A brilliant outfit!
I love the coat and the hat, and the huge brooch just adds final touches to the brilliant look.

The Queen is wearing sensible shoes, as is Anne. Sophie's are borderline - still ouchie when I look at them. :unsure: But Eugenie - oh dear heaven :argh: you can clearly see the massive distortion to the foot wearing such heels does - it's painful to look at. Almost as bad as foot-binding in not-so-ancient China. Why do we have this fashion! And we tsk-tsk corsets from one hundred years ago. When will we ever learn? A healthy foot is soooo important!

Rant over! :frazzled:

Last edited:
I simply love the shade of lavender on Her Majesty. It's very festive and occasion-appropriate.

HM always looks her best, and I love the fact that HM matches from hat to shoe even her gloves and bag ;):flowers:

Lovely coat and hat for the Queen. This colour is so pretty!

I think Her Majesty looks spectacular in bright colors. My favorites on her are blue and purple. I don't blame her for not choosing to wear beige. That color makes her appear a bit washed out.

I love the Queen in bright colours as well, especially bright yellow and pink.
Blue certainly suits her so no wonder it's her favourite colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom