The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

HM looks wonderful as usual. Love the color and for once, I like the black gloves and
bag! :)

Old 11-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Lovely as always! Can someone identify HM brooch? I don't recall seeing it.
I'm a bit late to this thread, but if you're referring to the brooch worn on the Queen's lavender outfit, it's the spray brooch gifted from HM's parents with pink and blue sapphires and also rubies. She also has a matching pair of earrings as well.

Also, the royal blue outfit worn today by HM is absolutely beautiful. It always amazes me that she can wear strong jewel colors and it doesn't fade her out, rather enhances her lovely complexion. I also like the curlicue decoration on her hat; looks like a stiff bow on a gift box. Also, the brooch worn is Queen Mary's Russian brooch; the size of that diamond and sapphire is making me salivate!

And, of course, as Daria commented, an engaging smile always completes an outfit!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much for the info re the Queen's brooch! Very interesting. :) Thank you as well, for identifying the brooch she wore with her royal blue outfit! It is Outstanding!!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

You're welcome. Oh, to be set loose in HM's jewel vault, I can't think of anything closer to Nirvana than that!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Nor can I, Baroness. Nor can I... Ah but the dilemma of what to choose!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Courtier

to be able to be so consequent, uncomplicated and not circumstantial, is admirable...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm a bit late to this thread, but if you're referring to the brooch worn on the Queen's lavender outfit, it's the spray brooch gifted from HM's parents with pink and blue sapphires and also rubies. She also has a matching pair of earrings as well.

Also, the royal blue outfit worn today by HM is absolutely beautiful. It always amazes me that she can wear strong jewel colors and it doesn't fade her out, rather enhances her lovely complexion. I also like the curlicue decoration on her hat; looks like a stiff bow on a gift box. Also, the brooch worn is Queen Mary's Russian brooch; the size of that diamond and sapphire is making me salivate!

And, of course, as Daria commented, an engaging smile always completes an outfit!
I'm in full agreement here. Whether she is wearing a light pastel or a strong color, neither make her look washed out. This dark blue is absolutely gorgeous on her.

I wonder how Queen Mary came to possess the Russian brooch. Did one of the Tsars gift it to her, or did it come into the Family after the 1917 Revolution. Regardless of how it came there, it's a beautiful piece of jewelry.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a lovely colour on HM. Very Regal. She always looks so happy.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

HM looks magnificent, that's a really 'royal' blue she's rocking. She really seems to be in a very happy place at the moment, it's wonderful to see.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

And, Daria, here's a link for some info on the Russian brooch. Scroll about halfway down, you can't miss it!
Queen’s brooches | Royal Exhibitions
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Gorgeous vibrant blue color! Her majesty doesn't just smile; she glows! She just has that certain something about her.....
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Curtesy of iceflower. This was posted in the 'Current Events' thread.

Queen Elizabeth at the Goodenough College in London to celebrate its' 80th anniversary earlier today.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mniwxz.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/34zlz7m.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/v3zkbc.jpg
Queen Elizabeth II Visits Goodenough College - Pictures - Zimbio

I really like this shade of blue on her, and the hat is great too. Of course the best part of her look is her engaging and genuine smile. She looks fabulous, as usual.
Thanks for the pics, Daria! Great color, have nothing more to add. I've started to have an obsession for these colors, such as royal blue, deep red shades, lately - they're pretty in now and the Queen is very much up to date again.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Courtier

It certainly is a very strong, almost royal, blue which really does suit HM. The black assessories work perfectly with this outfit. I do love the elegant hat she has chosen. Overall, a wonderful combination.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Her Majesty today. Curtesy of iceflower.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Margate - Pictures - Zimbio

Today she's in a pale pink outfit, which again, looks great on her. Really love the hat, and would love to know which brooch she's showing off.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Love, love, that outfit!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Her Majesty today. Curtesy of iceflower.

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Margate - Pictures - Zimbio

Today she's in a pale pink outfit, which again, looks great on her. Really love the hat, and would love to know which brooch she's showing off.
Beautiful pictures and I guess HM felt in a very springlike mood today, because the outfit is certainly more suited for that season, I thought. But she looks lovely indeed. The brooch looks like one of Queen Victoria's bow brooches, one of a spectacular set of three in HM's collection.

And those pictures in the cupcake shop are not only sweetly patriotic, but also yummy. I wonder if the Queen sampled any; personally, I'd want a box or two of those to go!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Royal Highness

If i have to vote for a best-dressed royal I would choose QEII, again she looks amazing . Her tailor is genius.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

And I always look forward to the surprises she pulls out of her jewel box, namely those divine brooches!
Old 11-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Beautiful pictures and I guess HM felt in a very springlike mood today, because the outfit is certainly more suited for that season, I thought. But she looks lovely indeed. The brooch looks like one of Queen Victoria's bow brooches, one of a spectacular set of three in HM's collection.

And those pictures in the cupcake shop are not only sweetly patriotic, but also yummy. I wonder if the Queen sampled any; personally, I'd want a box or two of those to go!
Thank you for the information on the brooch! I do recall seeing some similar pieces at some point from the Royal Collection.

Those cupcakes looked delicious. Totally agree there.

On topic, HM knows how to wow the crowd with her fashion choices, jewelry, smile and poise. She's a pleasure to look at.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VgPvIUnxFA...00/2222214.jpg

The Queen at Remembrance Day today in de rigueur black. The coat is simply elegant and the details are lovely: the buttons, the slash pockets and the shawl collar. The hat has a lovely structured bow to it and the cluster of poppies nestled above the Dorset bow brooch add a magnificent point of interest to the ensemble. HM's really at the top of her game with her outfits in recent months and even dressed in standard black as the other ladies are today, she's always the focal point.